An Unbelievable tale

Author Topic: An Unbelievable tale  (Read 15838 times)

Offline MoparCar

Re: An Unbelievable tale
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2008 - 09:47:44 AM »
Until about around 2000, 2001 I still knew where there was a 70 Hemi Cuda with 11,000 original miles sitting in a field completely disassembled in the midwest with the drivetrain in a barn. I personally saw and tried to buy the car. Not for sale, going "fix it up". I do believe someone finally bought it but sometimes they are out there. It was In-violet with white interior, dana, shaker, auto. They do exist sometimes.

Wes

Offline common 27

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2008 - 09:58:33 AM »
   Could very well be that he didn't know what it was worth,just an old car to him with a gas guzzlin motor.   :clapping:  The old people I bought my farm from were in there late 80's and were selling there house hold items to move to a small house in town.From spending a lot of time with them over the years(they reminded me of my Grandparents) I knew a lot about them.They had an antique hutch that belonged to her grandfather, When I asked how much she whated for it she said Oh not much it's really old. you should buy the other one I have (probably from the 60's. She had no idea of the value of it. I probably could of got it for $50 or less,in the long run I didn't buy it but made sure it stayed in the family. Seemed like the thing to do.Believe me I'm no saint I was just very fond of these people.  Now if I found a hemi car for $2000 from someone I didn't know my sceen name would be HEMICAR    :roflsmiley:
1970  Challenger Convertible   1968 Satellite Convertible

Tower Rat 95B

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2008 - 11:41:08 AM »
 The most skeptical part of the story  to me is not what the seller did or did not know its that this buyer  MOPAR LADY (A HEMI CAR OWNER) finds a Hemi Cuda for cheap and says  AH GEE I BETTER GET MY MECHANIC TO CHECK THIS OUT,,,,,,,,  Truly an unbelievable tale,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I do have my hopes that it can be verified, but in doubt just the same,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  Patiently waiting for pics :bigsmile:...........

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2008 - 11:41:17 AM »
Maybe the guy was cluless about the price but I still think she is a SNAKE for raping him like that knowing his sitch.  Maybe she can honk at him as he lives under the highway overpass on her way to the unrestored-original tent.   :'(

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008 - 04:47:57 PM »
The most skeptical part of the story  to me is not what the seller did or did not know its that this buyer  MOPAR LADY (A HEMI CAR OWNER) finds a Hemi Cuda for cheap and says  AH GEE I BETTER GET MY MECHANIC TO CHECK THIS OUT,,,,,,,,  Truly an unbelievable tale,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I do have my hopes that it can be verified, but in doubt just the same,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  Patiently waiting for pics :bigsmile:...........
[/quote You couldnt be more on spot ,I thought the same thing. :roflsmiley:]

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008 - 05:15:55 PM »
I haven't talked to her myself, but the reason I THINK she did this is because she was looking for some kind of negotiation room believing that he would want big money for the car. Mark says they are well off and she could afford a full price hemi car if she had too.

No luck in going to see it today, I haven't been able to get a hold of Mark. I'm still trying though.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2008 - 06:20:52 PM »
I haven't talked to her myself, but the reason I THINK she did this is because she was looking for some kind of negotiation room believing that he would want big money for the car. Mark says they are well off and she could afford a full price hemi car if she had too.

No luck in going to see it today, I haven't been able to get a hold of Mark. I'm still trying though.

I just find it kinda odd she looked at the car, took it and had it checked out by a mechanic before even asking what the price was, like if she asked and he said 2500 for an R code, I sure wouldn't be driving it to get it checked out...lol   :clueless:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2008 - 07:02:30 PM »
Well, who in their right mind would conceive that in 2008 a Hemi Cuda on the side of the road would be a few grand? She was apparently trying to play her cards right.

Ok, I talked to Mark finally tonight and he said he spoke with her again. It didn't work out this weekend but he's trying to set it up for us to go see the car next weekend. She sounds like a strange one to me as far as the cars originality though. She had the car taken to a body shop in the area immediately to have it painted and the interior done. Her exact words to Mark were, "It's a discusting yellow."  :-[
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2008 - 08:34:20 PM »
Yah, its one o dem rare hemicudas

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2008 - 11:46:13 PM »
While I too have my doubts about the tale being as told people are forgetting that she had the car looked at by a mechanic BEFORE she asked the price. To me that would not be out of line for anyone who is looking seriously at a potentially expensive car.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008 - 12:44:34 AM »
While I too have my doubts about the tale being as told people are forgetting that she had the car looked at by a mechanic BEFORE she asked the price. To me that would not be out of line for anyone who is looking seriously at a potentially expensive car.

I guess what I was getting at was you are taking a car that is extremely valuable to a mechanic without knowing the price, heck she could have smashed it and the guy could name any price, like a million bucks, and then what.  Regardless I think this is a great story, can't wait to hear the outcome.  :jumping:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008 - 05:21:41 PM »
Alright people, the latest developments are going to sound insane and I totally agree. Mark is trying to get accepted for membership here so he can back this up. Prepare to have your minds further blown. It seems this car is just a car to this lady and she's used to hemis since she has had the hemi roadrunner for so long. She told Mark today that we are welcome to go see the car at the body shop this weekend, HOWEVER....she has decided to sell the car to a friend of the family FOR THE SAME PRICE SHE GOT IT FOR!! It gets better. This individual wants the car to make a race car out of it. You can't make this stuff up. It just keeps getting more insane. He wants to take a survivor 4 speed hemi cuda and turn it into a race car. Who knows how far THAT would go i.e. rollbars, tubs, who knows what else.
We are now seeing a possible way into acquiring this car ourselves. My Cuda is basically a race car already. I am proposing to trade it straight up for the hemi. Wish me luck.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008 - 05:49:29 PM »
I wish you all the luck in the world!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008 - 06:24:46 PM »
I'll give her 5k cash, that will settle it. 

:dupe:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008 - 06:43:36 PM »
Holy! Good luck, keep us posted.    :jumping:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE