An Unbelievable tale

Author Topic: An Unbelievable tale  (Read 15835 times)

Offline Bearcuda

Re: An Unbelievable tale
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2008 - 10:14:06 PM »
If it's real I'm GONNA see it one way or another.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline brianz426

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2008 - 10:00:58 PM »
WOW! This sure does seem unbelievable! I wish you luck on being able to make that trade! What a great Christmas present that would be. If they won't take your Cuda in trade, I'll trade my '69 4spd GTX project car.

Offline priderocks

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008 - 02:54:16 PM »
I would have bought the car for $2k, resold it, and split the money with the original owner. Maybe even given him all of it. Life is not about finishing in the black, or ending up with the most toys.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008 - 03:41:51 PM »
WOW! This sure does seem unbelievable! I wish you luck on being able to make that trade! What a great Christmas present that would be. If they won't take your Cuda in trade, I'll trade my '69 4spd GTX project car.

You have a '69 GTX project?   :bigsmile:

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2008 - 06:00:56 PM »
Hey moderators, have you accepted Marks membership yet? He's been trying to get in here to back me up.

Ross is the only one who can approve members.  If it hasn't gone through yet, maybe send Ross a PM.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008 - 08:56:38 AM »
Alright people, the latest developments are going to sound insane and I totally agree. Mark is trying to get accepted for membership here so he can back this up. Prepare to have your minds further blown. It seems this car is just a car to this lady and she's used to hemis since she has had the hemi roadrunner for so long. She told Mark today that we are welcome to go see the car at the body shop this weekend, HOWEVER....she has decided to sell the car to a friend of the family FOR THE SAME PRICE SHE GOT IT FOR!! It gets better. This individual wants the car to make a race car out of it. You can't make this stuff up. It just keeps getting more insane. He wants to take a survivor 4 speed hemi cuda and turn it into a race car.

:faint: I call B.S.  :faint:

Sorry; I mean no disrespect:                                      But..

If I were presented a chance for that kind of a deal I would take off from work yesterday!

Someone is getting there chain pulled.   :bigsmile:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008 - 05:51:19 PM by thedodgeboys »
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008 - 09:56:16 AM »
I assume you`ve already started building him a nice racecar so you can bring home the cuda... :clueless:  :drunk:
*** Bart ***

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008 - 11:35:45 AM »
There is more to this than meets the eye! As in either this car is a total piece of junk and near unrestorable or a whole load of crap is being feed down the pipe line. We all can believe there is one idiot out there that doesnt know what he has got but three in the same story!!! First you have the original seller, then the lady who bought it who claims to be an expert, then she, knowing what it is worth, turns around and sells it for nothing to a guy who is going to make a race car out of it!!! This reminds me of the R code 72 Cuda (which I own!  :roflsmiley:) that is floating around somewhere. Please dont be offended as I believe that you are sincerely reporting the story but this is going a little far!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008 - 11:39:43 AM by cudadave72 »
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline Mopar7890

• 70 Challenger 440 RT/SE, 09 SRT-8, 60 Manx
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2008 - 03:55:22 PM »
O.k. guys. Let's give this story some credibility good things happen and sometimes people like me do not know the value of their vehicles. I totally believe it !

That's why I am offering herewith my original 1947 Roswell UFO with all matching numbers (and some front end damage from the crash) for the hemi in trade. Also have "Big Foots" mother in law to throw in if needed.
Sorry, can not make pictures she is very shy with cameras and the UFO does not fit in the finder.  :poopoke:

Thank you for your consideration.

Call me anytime 1-800-AA-Meetings
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008 - 04:03:52 PM by Mopar7890 »

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2008 - 06:39:55 PM »
I too think its a little far out, but then again, I have missed enough incredible deals to know that they can still happen. A couple of months ago, I missed a 69 Camaro that an old guy was selling. I actually talked to the guy. He bought the car 30 years ago in Texas and just threw it in the garage. Gave it to his son, his son got killed in a wreck. Sounds like so many of the hoakey stories, but yet it was true. It was a 427 car, and I never got to see it, but if it was original, it could easily be a COPO or Yenko worth big bucks. No rust. He sold it to the guy before me for $4500. And I know the guy who bought it. He doesnt know that much about Camaros, so he is just going to put the motor back in, paint it flat black, and make a ratrod out of it.

About 2 years ago, an old guy about 30 miles from here sold a Superbird that he had since new. I had always heard about the car, but the guy would never sell it. He decided to sell, and since he heard old Mopars were bringing big bucks, his price was $15k FIRM. That's right, $15k, not $150k! Of course, he sold it to the first guy that came with the cash.

So things like this still do happen.

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2008 - 10:56:42 PM »
Well, all I can say is that I am reporting it as I hear it and I know Mark isn't feeding me any bull. He's not too gullable and he completely believes this woman. Things aren't looking good for us to even see it though. Mark played voicemail tag with her several times this week. She said that the guy she sold it too was having it picked up at the body shop where she was gonna have it repainted and the interior color changed. Her mechanic called her to confirm that she was allowing the car to be picked up by this new owner. Mark is still trying to get this guys info so we can contact him to at least see the car. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to put my Cuda in front of him to offer a trade before he butchers the car or whatever it is he plans on doing with it.
We were supposed to go see this ladies other vehicles tomorrow including her 69 Hemi Roadrunner, but I don't know if the weather will allow it. It's supposed to sleet and snow tomorrow. We'll see. I'll keep everyone posted on what's going on.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:41:15 AM »
I think that if anyone is providing a line of bull, its this lady. She probably picked up a rusted out 318 Cuda, and is just making up stories. However, if its really true, I'll bet the guy that is buying it is not really going to use it as a race car. He's just saying that to get his hands on it.

I am starting to agree with the other post. Three people that are willing to sacrifice a Hemi-Cuda? Just not realistic nowadays, unless they are all some type of closely related, inter-bred, idiotic, mutants with IQ's approaching that of a cabbage.

Offline ItsJustMe

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:44:59 AM »
So why not go to the body shop and see the car?  Then at least you could put a note in it for the guy when he pics it up to call you.  I think she's having some fun with you guys but I would be all over finding that car if it exists, even if it meant taking a day off work and going to all the body shops in the area to find it.

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2008 - 11:14:16 AM »
So does this mean that the hold over super rare R code 1 of 1  72 Cuda doent exsist as well?? :clueless:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2008 - 11:23:32 AM »
So does this mean that the hold over super rare R code 1 of 1  72 Cuda doent exsist as well?? :clueless:

R code, B code, whatever it takes. Wouldn't take much to make a B into an R........
Aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, matey.    :poopoke:
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...