Now considering an SRT-10, any thoughts?

Author Topic: Now considering an SRT-10, any thoughts?  (Read 13592 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
Re: Now considering an SRT-10, any thoughts?
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008 - 09:35:44 AM »
Lol - threads change topics wildly when Daytona gets involved.  :)

I would like cruise on my Viper for two reasons - long trips on the PA turnpike to things like Carlisle.  There's a lot of cops and frankly it's safer to my WALLET to set 'er and forget 'er.

Second, when you're burning a gallon every 20 miles, you'd be amazed at what cruise control does for your fuel milage.

Snake Oyl products make a cruise control module for ALL generations of the Viper.  As soon as I can stock up $500 bucks, I'll be getting one.  It'll pay for itself eventually.

I didn't see any actual "Batram" shots - I want to see the logos!!  I'm a closet Batman fan...  :)

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008 - 05:58:42 PM »

I didn't see any actual "Batram" shots - I want to see the logos!!  I'm a closet Batman fan...  :)

Jeff

Here you go, just doing custom  black interior as we speak with several subtle logos including a custom made glowing engine Batman logo start light. Most of the work is in the Stealth appearance, lots and lots of mods/time to get it appearing as black as it is, no chrome or bling. From no badges, custom black grille emblems and black lug nut covers to black calipers, black exhaust tips, VHT tail lights and tinted fog lights. I love it.

:cheers:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008 - 06:02:41 PM by Carlwalski »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2008 - 06:04:43 PM »
Carl, that thing is sick man, I love it.    :cheers:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2008 - 06:10:12 PM »

Thanks Dave, here's another nice touch. Reverse camera. More the location as everyone has a reverse camera these days lol. Note: That's the old flip out screen. Now has permanent in dash screen "the control centre"  :lol:

Man......I watch too many movies........... :lol2:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2008 - 06:45:36 PM »
Again sweet..lol

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:32:04 PM »
Again sweet..lol

...I really like the all black scheme too :cooldancing:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2008 - 08:10:06 AM »
Don't want to jinx myself, but I'm going to look at a truck tomorrow, 04 Red with 14k miles, asking 21.5K...supposed to be perfect....we'll see what happens.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2008 - 08:47:46 AM »
Lol - I don't know if I'm THAT much a fan of Batman...  :)  I do like however the subtleness of it - I've seen a lot of pics of your truck prior to this thread, and would have NEVER noticed those wheel caps.

What was the part next to the Mopar box, and what was after the extuinguisher??  The two roundish pieces..?  Were those the fogs?

Hemi71 - GOOD LUCK - I know exaaaactly how you feel.  You've been looking for so long and you start to feel like it's never actually going to happen.  But then the owner will hand you the keys, sign off the title, and it's YOURS.  November 1st was a day like that for me.  :)

Have fun!!!

Jeff

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2008 - 05:41:31 PM »

Lol - I don't know if I'm THAT much a fan of Batman...  :)  I do like however the subtleness of it - I've seen a lot of pics of your truck prior to this thread, and would have NEVER noticed those wheel caps.

What was the part next to the Mopar box, and what was after the extuinguisher?? 
The two roundish pieces..?  Were those the fogs?

:lol2: Neither am I. Not "Batman" himself or the comics (never read a comic in my life). Only movie I like is the original Keaton movies, Batman and Batman returns. Don't like the rest. The Keaton Batman and the car kicked arse. What I do like however is the vehicles, what boy/man doesn't? The stealth bulletproof image and gizmos, I love that stuff. ;D  The center caps are one of my favorite custom bits. Not in your face. Easy to see walking past it or viewing the truck at a show, gas station, etc. People are like, "Are those....HUH COOL!" that's the most common compliment lol.

The part near the MoPar box is a custom made start button. These trucks are known as "RBC" The Red Button Club as they come with a red engine start button as standard which reads "ENGINE START" and doesn't glow at night. I wanted a custom Batman logo that glows. Another happy purchase. Yes, they are the fogs covered in 20% window tint in strips (no bubbles). Looks good from far or close and I added 15% brighter bulbs to compensate the darkness.

Don't want to jinx myself, but I'm going to look at a truck tomorrow, 04 Red with 14k miles, asking 21.5K...supposed to be perfect....we'll see what happens.

Best of luck with it mate. If you can and get this in time. Ask if the clutch master slave and hydraulics have been upgraded to the Viper spec ones. If not, that is the only mod you NEED. These trucks had weak plastic lines for some reason and they usually give out on most trucks. You can buy complete kits at a few places. Makes for better driving. Keep us posted.

:cheers:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008 - 08:23:01 AM »
Carl,

How did you GET that stuff??  How did you get a custom-made Batman starter button??  Where do you even GO for that sorta stuff, and dare I ask, how much did that cost you??

I mean I've got some neat ideas of stuff I'd like to do even to just my Stratus, but have no idea where to start!  I'd love to learn what you know.

I'm impressed, to say the least...   :worshippy

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008 - 09:49:43 AM »

Thanks Viperman. :cheers: I had the start button made by a vendor at the VTCOA forum. For modern cars it's a lot easier for someone to find something that works for every vehicle. The trucks come with starter buttons standard, so this vendor made glowing lights with anything you want on it. 95% of the truck members got Viper snakes. I wanted the Bat logo to go with my theme. It was only $120 USD + shipping. Connect and clip into place straight out of the box, ready to go.

The centre caps are plain billet caps shipped over to me by Jim aka Slotts. I then had them powder coated satin black (like my wheels), then had custom Batman decals made locally. Apply them to the caps then clear coat and that's it. Simple process but it still took around 2-1/2 months to have them completed from the USA to mounted on the Batram. They bolt in from behind to, not stealing these!

The other bits and pieces are just a little thought and time, planning what should have what, not too much? Too in your face? Needs something there but what? Etc. I had custom decals made. The fire extinguisher is simply painted black and had a custom decal applied. I'll post some of my interior once it's done. Should look really good and subtle, unless I stuff up spraying my dash.....lol....not really looking forward to that. :crying:

If you or anyone ever need something they think is hard to get or make, send me a PM/email.
I may not be able to help but I also maybe able to help so it's worth a shot.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008 - 07:42:08 PM »
I have to start a new thread tomorrow after i take some pics...bought a 05 SRT-10 with 6k original miles on it, got a 6 year 36K mile extended warranty thrown in. Truck has some mild mods, runs great and is in excellent condition...garage kept.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2008 - 11:43:13 PM »
I have to start a new thread tomorrow after i take some pics...bought a 05 SRT-10 with 6k original miles on it, got a 6 year 36K mile extended warranty thrown in. Truck has some mild mods, runs great and is in excellent condition...garage kept.

Congrats on your new toy. My father in law had a red 05 right when they came out. Have fun with it, thats what it was built for.   :burnout:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008 - 03:31:25 AM »

Awesome stuff Larry. Sorry for the hi-jack but at least it's all about the same vehicle type. :-[ :icon16:
As I mentioned, find out first and foremost if the hydraulics are still factory, trust me. ;)

If it's still stock you'll NEED one of these:
www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=92&idproduct=396

:2thumbs:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008 - 10:19:23 AM »
In the middle of an ice storm right now, and the SRT-10 is sitting outside since i still have the 69 roadrunner in my barn. The owner of the runner is going to come over sometime this week and pick it up. It's supposed to clear up later today, maybe i can get some pics then.