Author Topic: Now considering an SRT-10, any thoughts?  (Read 13605 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Now considering an SRT-10, any thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008 - 05:30:47 PM »
Carl,

Do the rams have Cruise Control?  Just wondering.  I wish my Viper did...

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, the SRT/10 Rams have cruise control. Though, I have never used it in this car or any, just don't like it or need it. Mind you, some of your highways in the US are straight for like 500miles+ LMAO - you guys NEED it.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008 - 08:07:55 PM »
Carl,

Do the rams have Cruise Control?  Just wondering.  I wish my Viper did...

Jeff

...cruise control is for girls  :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :roflsmiley:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008 - 08:10:07 PM »
I dunno, I live in one of the states that has literally hundreds of open miles on pretty straight runs. I love cruise control myself.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008 - 09:01:09 PM »
I dunno, I live in one of the states that has literally hundreds of open miles on pretty straight runs. I love cruise control myself.

...I do too, just pickin on him.... :bigsmile:

...the Viper guys all make fun of Vette guys due to Cruise/etc etc...early Vipers didn't even have AC or decent side windows, that really sucked

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008 - 09:05:57 PM »
...I do too, just pickin on him.... :bigsmile:

...the Viper guys all make fun of Vette guys due to Cruise/etc etc...early Vipers didn't even have AC or decent side windows, that really sucked

Yeah, my dads is a blast to drive but what a pain to take the cover off, put the windows up, take the top off (he drives it like that lol) etc. It takes me 20 minutes to get it ready to drive and then I am like WTF am I gonna go? I  take it out for a short 15 mile spin and take it back. God forbid I should hurt it or wreck it. I have not driven it in many months more than not because you cannot just get in and go. If I were ever able to get one used I want one with power top (dont even know if they make it), power windows, air conditioning, the works lol.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008 - 09:46:23 PM »
...no power tops available

...best idea, get an early RT/10, drill drain holes in the floor and leave the top off ALL THE TIME :roflsmiley:...I rarely took the top off my black Gen1 Viper, and rarely put the top on the red one

...both of them are long gone

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008 - 10:56:58 PM »

.......I rarely took the top off my black Gen1 Viper, and rarely put the top on the red one

That's because your rarely drive your cars..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :roflsmiley:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:33:18 PM »
That's because your rarely drive your cars..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :roflsmiley:

...actually, those two cars did see alot of high speed road time, I was much younger and the Vipers were much more of a novelty back then....I was just too lazy to mess with the tops :roflsmiley:

...the red one leaked like crazy in the rain even with the top on....I remember going to the MOPAR Nats one year in it, my son and I left town so early it was still dark, rain pouring, and by the time we drove the 50 miles to Indy, I was soaked from leaks in the top and windows....I had a stack of towells on my lap and they were soaked thru...kinda like going thru the automatic car wash with all the windows cracked open...that was when I got the idea for putting shower drains in the floor...many early Vipers that were daily driven have/had rotten carpets

...here's one for ya to laugh at :bigsmile:....9 years old and only has 225 miles on the odometer

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:51:04 PM »

:smilielol: Dang, LMAO!! :sly: :lol: I only have 4 cars and find it hard enough to drive them like they were meant to be enjoyed. I've turned down 2 cars as I wouldn't use them properly and couldn't warrant them sitting around, not being used. I'd love them (1 was a 68 Charger R/T) but I know that it would be a waste. :crying: I'm happy with my current set up, 2 muscle, 1 truck and 1 4x4 daily driver, all used. By the way, like you to ViperMan, I was just pulling your leg. I enjoy seeing your museum of cars. ;)

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008 - 12:10:47 AM »
...hey, you can pick on me anytime, I'm used to it :roflsmiley:..........I like to give people a "hard time" and like to be given a "hard time" too....it's all in fun :bigsmile:

...I have 40 year old car with 15K miles (I've put 10-15 miles on it in the couple of years I've owned it)
...a 9 year old car with 225 miles
...a 7 year old car with 400 miles
...a 7 year old car with 1300 miles
...a 6 year old car with 400 miles
...and a 3 year old car with 54 miles

...I've owned a few cars a year or more after I bought them, and never drove them at all, or even sat in them

...my problem is, too many cars, I work at home, don't drive many miles per day/week/year...I drive fun cars nearly all the time, but not very far at a time....daily mileage probably averages 5 miles per day thru the week and a few more on the weekend if I have to take my better half shopping somewhere...our regular daily drivers are very low mile cars too

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008 - 12:17:50 AM »

Aha! I see your conundrum. But come on, not even sitting in them? LMAO!?! I also work for the majority from home and kind of have to plan a trip in the toys up north for the day or out to somewhere wide and open to let them loose. I never take them for less than 1 hour, ie: not to get daily necessities. Well, I'm sure many people here would like to be in your situation lol (too many cars, no time). At least when you do eventually drive your cars even for small amounts, they are all classic or performance vehicles.

:thumbsup: :cheers:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008 - 12:32:23 AM »

Aha! I see your conundrum. But come on, not even sitting in them? LMAO!?! I also work for the majority from home and kind of have to plan a trip in the toys up north for the day or out to somewhere wide and open to let them loose. I never take them for less than 1 hour, ie: not to get daily necessities. Well, I'm sure many people here would like to be in your situation lol (too many cars, no time). At least when you do eventually drive your cars even for small amounts, they are all classic or performance vehicles.

:thumbsup: :cheers:

...I owned this survivor 'Bird for over a year before I ever sat in it...I kinda had a heart attack of sorts the day I purchased it and didn't really feel like messing with it for a long, long time...friends brought it home for me etc etc....I still have only driven it once this last August, it runs very strong, 440 6-BBL/AT  (purchased, Feb 07)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2008 - 03:25:07 AM »

Nice ride, sorry to hear about the HA. :-[ So does the car kind of have an Omen in your mind? :dunno:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008 - 08:32:44 AM »

Nice ride, sorry to hear about the HA. :-[ So does the car kind of have an Omen in your mind? :dunno:

...no omens :roflsmiley:...I bought a 6-PACK Supebee while I was in the hospital...I've only driven it twice since I bought it

...sorry about the pix quality....I've never had the car outside for a foto shoot yet...it's a survivor car too

Offline back n black

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008 - 09:23:47 AM »
I often hear people tell my father that "I would be driving these cars all the time if they were mine". 

Most people can't understand, as I wouldn't either if I weren't around my father's collection, the incredible amount of time and energy spent just maintaining this many old cars and their facility at once.