Author Topic: Vin tag revits  (Read 3103 times)

Tower Rat 95B

Vin tag revits
« on: December 12, 2008 - 09:23:27 AM »
 Anyone see this site  htp://restorivets.com/  ?  Says the rivets are OEM not repo,  is this legit, as in OEM?  I need rivets bought a pair at Carlisle many years ago but there not exact, looking for the real deal.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008 - 09:25:03 AM by Tower Rat 95B »

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
Re: Vin tag revits
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008 - 12:26:14 PM »
I see these folks are in Canada and possibly immune to U.S. laws. They sure are proud of those rivets!

If you're careful and patient, you can reuse your old rivets.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008 - 12:57:48 PM »
I atually won an auction earlier this year on ebay and send payment. As soon as I did the auction was nulled for some reason so I immediately cancelled payment on the deal. Well, about 3 weeks later I got the rivets in the mail. I was shocked, the whole reason I cancelled payment was because I thought it was a scam. I had to look up the guy and went ahead and sent payment anyway. I also bought 2 more sets, one for my 70 Challenger and one for my brother in law. He was a nice guy but I dont have his info any more. They are out there and although its not really a big deal to me I still wanted it to look right.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Tower Rat 95B

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008 - 02:47:16 PM »
I atually won an auction earlier this year on ebay and send payment. As soon as I did the auction was nulled for some reason so I immediately cancelled payment on the deal. Well, about 3 weeks later I got the rivets in the mail. I was shocked, the whole reason I cancelled payment was because I thought it was a scam. I had to look up the guy and went ahead and sent payment anyway. I also bought 2 more sets, one for my 70 Challenger and one for my brother in law. He was a nice guy but I dont have his info any more. They are out there and although its not really a big deal to me I still wanted it to look right.

bb71, 

Did you buy from restorivets? if so can you post a pic off the top?  I have 2 uninstalled  rivets that I bought 23 years ago from a vendor in Carlisle , not sure if they are exact because I don't have anything to compare to,  resorivet claims to be OEM not repo,,,,,,, if thats the case I want the restorivets. 

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008 - 10:28:08 PM »
Tower Rat 95B I sent you a pm and tried to get a picture of a rivet head but the picture quality has to be so low to put on here that I'm not sure how it turned out. I'll post it here so you can have a look at it.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008 - 10:50:36 PM »
cant tell for sure but those look to be the same ones I have. They are dark like that and have the same head as the origals. Sorry I did not post a pic but I am missing my camera for one and I forgot where I stashed the rivets for another  :walkaway:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Tower Rat 95B

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008 - 11:22:40 PM »
 71340, got the pm thanks,,,,,,,,,Found this pic at moparts supposedly shows OEM versus after market, mine may be the same as the used ones in the pic however its hard to tell cause they have not been installed i would think that after the  rivet gun pops them that the center may indent a little  giving the look of the old ones in the pic :dunno:,,,,,,,,, I'll try the two I have and  if that don't look right I give resto rivet a try since the claim to be the OEM........