Have you had your car featured in a national magazine ?

Author Topic: Have you had your car featured in a national magazine ?  (Read 9389 times)

Offline supertuff

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ovQwr11oQ
Have you had your car featured in a national magazine ?
« on: December 13, 2008 - 08:39:00 PM »
  Is there a post here for members who have had their cars featured in a national  magazine ?  if so where is it? if not , i would like to see them if you have a picture to post. also what magazine as well year and month.   

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Have you had your car featured in a national magazine ?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008 - 09:29:16 PM »
Never had on Featured but My car did appear in HPM approx 10 years ago , it was my Purple  Race Cuda

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008 - 09:31:33 PM »

And I was in the burnout section of Car Craft twice  :cheers:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008 - 11:39:32 PM »

:thumbsup: The Classic Car spread is 7-8 pages. The NZV8 MoPar Kid spread is 4-5 pages. Been in a few others mags for readers rides, etc. Madeline has been asked for a cover car + The Batram but haven't had time to get into the booth to get the shots and it's kind of low on my list, plsu neither are 100% ready. Still, quite proud of Lucy and my Registries (and I) achievements. MoPar 4 Life.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008 - 05:31:15 AM by Carlwalski »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008 - 12:26:00 AM »
Way to go both Carl & Mike you guys are young yet start setting some serious goals & you will get far

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008 - 01:51:32 AM »
I've been in Mopar Muscle twice, the first in the readers rides section and the second time I was a feature Young Guns.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline supertuff

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ovQwr11oQ
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008 - 09:00:34 AM »
   also what magazine as well year and month.   

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008 - 09:01:46 AM »
...my first experience was Easter Sunday, 1988

...a friend of mine with a HEMI Superbird, Rick Cain, called and wanted to borrow my 69 Daytona for a photo shoot with an Englishman named Nicky Wright...I let him take the car for the day, while I was stuck visiting with old people and eating stale Easter candy

...this led to Nicky Wright returning to shoot more of my cars and becoming a good friend thru the years...the Daytona  appeared in numerous cofy-table books and several magazines...it was made kinda famous for a few years...occasionally I still find a new book with shots from back then ...the Daytona was also used as box art on a couple of toys...the next owner also got lots of press with the car and a couple of magazine covers, Muscle Car Review and another one(can't think)...the Daytona has appeared numerous times during the last 20 years in various books and magazines....

...Bill Holder andd Phil Kunz from Dobbs Publications came to New Castle on a regular basis to shoot my cars and others in the area....they even did an article about our town and all the MOPARS here....I think it was Muscle Car Review, Apr 89...we had some of the rarest cars in the world here at the local airport for shoots over a several year period(including the Landy AFX car)

...I also once owned the worlds first HEMI Challenger...it was on several covers and in numerous books and magazines, even the Paddocks catalogue...Johnny Lightning used it as box art for one of their toys about 10 years ago...this car was possibly published more than the Daytona... the HEMI was also shot by a photographer from Sweden named Hans Oderholme and was in some foreign magazines along with the Plum T/A...I have copies, but can't read anything except my name and HEMI Challenger, lol

...my Plum T/A was on the cover of an old MOPAR mag in 1985 and in a few other magazines and books....it was featured in Car Craft and numerous books...last year, my Plum T/A and my White T/A were in a MOPAR magazine distributed by Chrysler to/thru their dealers...the white T/A was photographed last summer at the MOPAR Nats for an upcoming article, mainly due to the fact it is a 15K original mile survivor

...I had a red/red T/A that was in a book or two and was in Muscle Car Review with the next owner...also, I owned 3 T/A Challengers at one time and that photo has been published a few times, including inside the cover of a Muscle Car book

...I had a B5 Superbird that was published in several magazines and still makes the print media as the "Geriatric Superbird"

...my slick top Panther Pink T/A was used alot in magazines and books too...it was also used as the art work in the ERTL catalogue to show what the 1/18 toy would look like..another ex-PPink T/A with a vinyl top has also appeared a couple of times including the Paddocks catalogue

...I'm sure there are others I have missed, but the highlight of it all was when Petersen Publishing sent a guy from L.A. to shoot my cars for Hot Rod...he had a really rare camera, claimed it was one of 3 made and one of the other 2 had been used by NASA on the moon...his name was Don ???....he also claimed to have been with Bill Maverick when Bill bought the truck to make the "Little Red Wagon"...great stories from this guy...I do remember he owned a 69 Camaro Indy Pace Car with a 396

......as a kid, I dreamed about having a car in Hot Rod and it was the best experience ever for me....Don shot 4 of my cars together for the article, B5 Superbird, HEMI Challenger RT/SE, Plum T/A and my Pink T/A...it was just about as KOOL as it gets for a kid from Indiana

...some of my cars were used in the "Muscle Car" card set (like baseball cards) about 15 years ago....the set of 50 cards had about 15 cars from New Castle in it

...my 03 Viper was used in advertising for AutoForm and is still used in their online website

...I have an 09 Challenger at HURST in California at the moment, it will be the first one sold to the public....they are also going to use it for a press car, it should be made famous before I get it....supposed to be a ceremony of sorts when I pick it up, can't tell much about this one yet

...I have had several Prowlers used in Caleddars and a book or two...stamps, and other memorabilia

...I also have a 69 GTO Judge (the Beach Boys Judge) that has been published several times, including posters and postcards done by Pontiac for the introduction of the new GTO several years ago...it is an ex-concours showcar and was also used by Pontiac in a TV commercial with the Beach Boys  

...I should get a complete list together for my own use, but have yet to do so.... just a rough guess, probably about 30-40 books, magazines, calendars  and toys

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008 - 09:15:52 AM »
...a few more shots

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008 - 09:19:00 AM »
......more

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008 - 09:35:40 AM »
This is mine.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008 - 09:40:32 AM by Rare_T_A »
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008 - 09:36:16 AM »
found a few more...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008 - 09:38:53 AM by DAYTONA »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008 - 10:09:26 AM »
 :popcorn::popcorn:

Cool...  :drool:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008 - 11:30:36 AM »
Very cool Daytona!! Of all your cars, is there any you wish you never let go?

My car was in a Calender.   :misbehaving:   :lol2:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008 - 05:08:38 PM »
Yes, but not my Challenger. My 67 GTX was in Mopar Collectors Guide-FEB 1994 and now defunked Hi Performance Mopar in March of 1994.
I have never submitted my Challenger to a mag.
JS27
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008 - 09:10:23 AM by js27 »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.