Author Topic: How bout them Steelers?  (Read 5086 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: How bout them Steelers?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008 - 03:06:28 PM »
seems like everyone but Detroit is doing better than my chiefs.

They need to bring Marty back  :grinyes:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008 - 03:25:31 PM »
 :iagree: :sadwavey:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008 - 03:29:34 PM »
seems like everyone but Detroit is doing better than my chiefs.

Don't feel bad. At least you only have 1 crapppy team.

Here...we have 2. The 40Ninnies and the Raiders.   :bricks1:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008 - 03:31:35 PM »
Don't feel bad. At least you only have 1 crapppy team.

Here...we have 2. The 40Ninnies and the Raiders.   :bricks1:

raiders are beating the chiefs though in the standings, even though KC did pull through a win against them

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008 - 05:22:50 PM »
Love the Steelers and their D, all Rothlesburger does is WIN baby!

I'm an ALL Pa football fan, so one team is the best in the NFL, and the other you never know what team is going to show up...the Eagles or the BEAGLES.

:roflsmiley:

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008 - 06:43:41 PM »
All Ben has done is win more games than any other QB in NFL history after the same # of years he's been in the league.  :grinyes:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008 - 08:15:28 PM »
All Ben has done is win more games than any other QB in NFL history after the same # of years he's been in the league.  :grinyes:

Let's hope that shaky line of No-Names in front of him, keeps him alive for a while.    :scared:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008 - 08:32:47 PM »
Ben plays better after he gets sacked a few times. Ask the Cowboys and the Ravens.  :lol:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008 - 08:36:13 PM »
Ben plays better after he gets sacked a few times. Ask the Cowboys and the Ravens.  :lol:

You know what?

In watching him yesterday, it seemed like he didn't know what to do when he had time.   :grinyes:  How rare!!

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008 - 09:07:40 PM »

If the Cowboys would not have gone into prevent Ben would not have moved the ball just like the rest of the game. The Cowboys limited the Steelers more than the Steelers limited the Boys until the last couple of minutes. Last night against the Giants in the same exact situation they proved they learned a valuable lesson. They stayed out of that crappy prevent junk and got a couple more sacks on Eli. I like the Steelers actually but they caught Dallas sleeping at the wheel, there is no way they should have won that game.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008 - 10:04:20 PM »
If the Cowboys would not have gone into prevent Ben would not have moved the ball just like the rest of the game. The Cowboys limited the Steelers more than the Steelers limited the Boys until the last couple of minutes. Last night against the Giants in the same exact situation they proved they learned a valuable lesson. They stayed out of that crappy prevent junk and got a couple more sacks on Eli. I like the Steelers actually but they caught Dallas sleeping at the wheel, there is no way they should have won that game.

Well, I thought the Steelers game against Dallas was heading for overtime. You don't think Tony Romo doesn't choke like Phillip Rivers in big games? Yep. big numbers all year, but when it comes to put up or shut up... The Giants were without their big running back. If Dallas makes the SuperBowl, I'll owe you $50.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008 - 10:42:12 PM »
How many times has Dallas gave up more 30 or more points this year? 4 times? And they gave up 26 to Washington. I don't know if that's championship material. Defense wins championships.

Offline mopower

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008 - 10:45:35 PM »
 love them steelers... best d in nfl history, fan since 74.  dont think offence will get us to the promised land but hey what a year,i expected a 8 & 8 season.. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008 - 10:48:58 PM »
Since Wade Phillips began calling the defense about a month ago the defense has more than done their job. It is up to the offense to do theirs. I know Romo has choked in the off season, that was the whole point of my reply, they need to get it done. I think they can do it but I have thought the same thing the last 2 years. I dont hold a huge amount of hope they can get it done but I do hold some. How many points have teams put up against Dallas' defense the last month or so? All I am saying is that Pittsburgh was lucky to win. They did get it done but you have to admit that the whole game they were held down by a smothering Dallas D. Indeed I am not taking anything away from the Steelers, we all have seen our teams hand a win to another is all I am saying.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008 - 11:23:33 PM »
So what you're saying is the 4th quarter shouldn't count?  :clueless:
Pitt has given up a total of 6 points (two field goals) in the last 5 games in the 4th quarter.  I'd say that's a trend.  :grinyes: