Author Topic: How bout them Steelers?  (Read 5075 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: How bout them Steelers?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008 - 12:01:05 AM »
C'mon, thats not what I am saying at all. They got the win, but up until the very end they were beat down by the Cowboys. A win is a win and they deserve it. It was Dallas that dropped the ball by not sticking to what was working the whole rest of the game. Besides that the Steelers did not even do much for most of the 4th. It was the last 5 minutes where it all unravelled for Dallas. Hey, with any luck we can have a 1996 rematch of Dallas vs. Pittsburgh in the SuperBowl. I sure liked the outcome last time  :bigsmile:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008 - 12:30:33 AM »
Now that last Superbowl they played, THERE'S a game where the best team didn't win. 11 more first downs than the Cowboys, 5 sacks on Aikman, a whopping 201-61 advantage for Pitt in second half yardage.
A great example of what turnovers can do to you. Live in the past all you want but your team got jacked last week, and if they meet again they won't be so lucky to keep Harrison and Woodley off your Mannequin QB  :grinno:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008 - 08:10:12 AM »
Now that last Superbowl they played, THERE'S a game where the best team didn't win. 11 more first downs than the Cowboys, 5 sacks on Aikman, a whopping 201-61 advantage for Pitt in second half yardage.
A great example of what turnovers can do to you. Live in the past all you want but your team got jacked last week, and if they meet again they won't be so lucky to keep Harrison and Woodley off your Mannequin QB  :grinno:

Each team has 5 rings. Lets see who gets the 6th first. I wish the Steelers well, they are in a much better position to do it before the Cowboys but at least the Boys are showing signs of life in the late part of the season. If they meet again it will be a different story. One thing I need to do is not get too far out there. One gutsy performance against a lackluster Giants team a champion does not make. Next week will tell the tale imo.
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008 - 09:10:33 AM »
I'd worry about the Eagles. Forget their record. They have some very good players and are capable of beating anybody bad. Expecially when it doesn't matter to them and it matters to the other team.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008 - 09:18:16 AM »
Eh, I am past worrying about any of the teams. They have to show me something first. I am not going to invest much into this years team. It was a huge letdown last year. I am just watching and enjoying this year.   :bigsmile:
*Brett*

Offline sloop

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008 - 09:47:56 AM »
I'm hoping my Panthers can stay on the right track... looks like their gettin hot when it counts. 

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:00:39 AM »
Does it matter if both your feet are planted in the endzone?   ???

Yes, the ball has to cross the plane, too. Hard to tell if it did or didn't, but the replay clearly didn't have the required proof to overturn the call on the field, which is the intent of instant replay.  I'm getting sick of the tendency to use the replay as an additional field official.

Mike
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008 - 11:05:03 AM by MJS73 »
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:03:49 AM »
I'd worry about the Eagles. Forget their record. They have some very good players and are capable of beating anybody bad. Expecially when it doesn't matter to them and it matters to the other team.

The Eagles are history.  My team to watch earlier in the year was Arizona but, man, they've been playing poorly lately.

Any early Super Bowl matchup predictions?  I'll go first: Jets vs. Giants.

Mike
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008 - 03:44:32 PM by MJS73 »
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008 - 12:35:12 PM »
Sure the Eagles are history for this year, but they can definately win their last two games. It's the PLAYOFFS where they always have trouble.

The Jets? Farve was on a much better team last year and in years in the past than he is this year and he couldn't get it done then. No reason to think he will this year either at his age with some damn good teams with better records in the AFC. He's just too careless with the football. Without a miracle play this week they would now be on a 3 game losing streak. He'll make another big scene after they lose in the playoffs and cry alot and then say he's retiring (and than he won't....)

The Giants are without two very key players from last year (3 if you include Strahan and 4 if you include Tyree) They'll really miss Plax and Osi in the playoffs. They're still good, but not good enough to overcome losing 3 all-pros they had last year.  Injuries suck, but every team goes through it.  

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008 - 07:42:21 PM »
Yes, the ball has to cross the plane, too. Hard to tell if it did or didn't, but the replay clearly didn't have the required proof to overturn the call on the field, which is the intent of instant replay.  I'm getting sick of the tendency to use the replay as an additional field official.

Mike

My understanding is is only has to break the plane, not cross it. As soon as the very end of the ball touched the very outside of the goal line it was a touchdown. To me, not caring which team won by the way so I was objective, it was clearly a touchdown.
*Brett*

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008 - 07:49:57 PM »
My understanding is is only has to break the plane, not cross it. As soon as the very end of the ball touched the very outside of the goal line it was a touchdown. To me, not caring which team won by the way so I was objective, it was clearly a touchdown.

Let me ask this..

Have you seen a guy on the side of the end zone catch a pass while falling out of bounds...But he has two feet inbounds. That is called a touchdown. Isn't that the same thing?   :clueless:  I just don't understand the "breaking the plane" thing. How many running backs just touch the pylon(spelling)?

Mike   :banghead:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008 - 07:55:42 PM »
I was talking about the ball and the plane of the goalline. I agree totally that it should have been a touchdown on the simple grounds that his feet were clearly touching inside the goalline while having control of the ball.
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008 - 08:01:21 PM »
It's hard to compare watching a normal TV with the high def shots the refs view under the hood that they can stop at any point. The reason the ref on the goal line didn't call it a TD when the play happened was that the Ravens player standing right in front of him blocked his view. It makes good fodder for the people on ESPN to try to manufacture a controversy though if they don't have some TO/Romo episode to talk about that day. :blah: Pitt drove the ball 92 yards down the field on a very tough defense, something the Ravens didn't accomplish the whole game despite having some great field position. The Ravens punter did a GREAT job the whole game pinning Pitt back. Pitt deserved to win and they did, and that's the important thing. :grinyes:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008 - 10:05:12 PM »
Boo hooo hooo...dallas cowgirl crybabies gotta find an excuse for losing to a SUPERIOR Steelers team. The cowgirls wont even make the playoffs this year, if they get close they will get their heads handed to them by the beagles in the last game of the year.

And if by some way (NFL fixing the game to get them in the playoffs) Romo will choke up like he always does.

:cheers:     :roflsmiley:    :poopoke:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008 - 10:56:42 PM »
Boo hooo hooo...dallas cowgirl crybabies gotta find an excuse for losing to a SUPERIOR Steelers team. The cowgirls wont even make the playoffs this year, if they get close they will get their heads handed to them by the beagles in the last game of the year.

And if by some way (NFL fixing the game to get them in the playoffs) Romo will choke up like he always does.

:cheers:     :roflsmiley:    :poopoke:

Your eyes brown? Why thats a silly question, I'm sure they are   :woo:  :swaying:
*Brett*