Author Topic: old photo shoot pix...  (Read 1362 times)

Offline DAYTONA

old photo shoot pix...
« on: December 15, 2008 - 01:42:47 AM »
...in the spring of 1989 Phil Kunz and Bill Holder from Dobbs Publications had me to set up a Foto Shoot with all the MOPARS in town....we had 30-35 cars show up that day...winged cars, HEMI cars, 6 PACK cars, etc etc....quite an array of MOPAR Muscle...I think the Aug 89 issue of Muscle Car Review is the one it was printed in....they did an article about New Castle, all the MOPARS here, Walter P. Chrysler High School where I graduated in 1969, the local Chrysler Plant which was originally a Maxwell Plant...it was the biggest auto plant in the world at one time...

...things change, the plant is gone and the town even voted to change the name of our school (really sux)...not every MOPAR fanatic can BOAST about graduating from Walter P. Chrysler High School :roflsmiley: :bigsmile:

...looks like 5 of my cars in the shot....Daytona(far left), 71 CUDA cv (left), HEMI Challenger (rt),...2nd pix Plum T/A, Pink T/A
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008 - 01:53:10 AM by DAYTONA »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: old photo shoot pix...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008 - 02:57:08 AM »
Love the old pics!  :worshippy  :clapping:  Got any more?  :clueless:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008 - 07:17:52 AM »
not every MOPAR fanatic can BOAST about graduating from Walter P. Chrysler High School

Can't meet that milestone but I do have the same birthday as Walter P. Chrysler. :thumbsup:  And he grew up in Ellis, Kansas, and I grew up in Ellis Road, Kelmscott.   :clueless:  Maybe a new Challenger will turn up on the doorstep as a surprise (actually, in Australia that would be quite a surprise). :swaying: :woo:
'70 Barracuda

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008 - 08:35:18 AM »
Neet photo's How many of them are left or are there more now?  Just wondered.  Thanks for sharing.  Would love to do that in my old home town and maybe some day do that very thing.  Think there would be more than that show up.  Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008 - 09:54:19 AM »
Can't meet that milestone but I do have the same birthday as Walter P. Chrysler. :thumbsup:  And he grew up in Ellis, Kansas, and I grew up in Ellis Road, Kelmscott.   :clueless:  Maybe a new Challenger will turn up on the doorstep as a surprise (actually, in Australia that would be quite a surprise). :swaying: :woo:

Hey, OzCuda, will there be any 2009 Challengers exported there?  :clueless:

Atleast you guys got the Ford Falcon XB, beautiful cars IMO!  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008 - 05:42:35 PM »
That is sooo cool Daytona!! I mean how cool is it going to "Chrysler" High School!! I didn't realize that you had such a collection back in the 80's. My 'collection' consisted of one lonely '73 Barracuda!! Thanks for sharing those awesome pics!! :2thumbs:We have the Water P Chrysler museum here in Norfolk VA. It's not a car museum, but pretty awesome!!

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008 - 06:22:20 PM »
To see that many rare cars in one town is simply flabbergasting, unreal.  Very cool. 

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008 - 06:24:38 PM »
Great to see ol'pics like that!   :woohoo:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008 - 09:37:29 PM »
......one thing I just noticed, in the second picture I posted(backing the Plum T/A).....I was still wearing a watch in those days....I haven't worn a watch in many, many years :bigsmile:

...there were quite a few rare cars there that don't show in these shots, and many of them are still right here in town 20 years later

...the building behind the cars is our highschool gymnasium, for decades it was the largest highschool gym in the world(may still be), seated nearly 10K people, in a town of 17K...the Indiana Basketball Hall Of Fame is also in our town...

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008 - 11:16:43 PM »
Larry you got me to looking through my magazines and I came across the one page spotlight from an article in the August 92 MCR entitled 'Mopar Mania'. Maybe from the same '89 shoot? I never get bored reading your stories and insight :thumbsup:

Russ
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008 - 11:26:13 PM »
Larry you got me to looking through my magazines and I came across the one page spotlight from an article in the August 92 MCR entitled 'Mopar Mania'. Maybe from the same '89 shoot? I never get bored reading your stories and insight :thumbsup:

Russ

thanx,  :bigsmile:

...same car, different foto shoot....I had forgotten about that article...that might be the magazine that used a small picture of the "340 SIX PACK" on the cover, not sure

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008 - 03:23:32 PM »
great collection, great days  :)
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E