Author Topic: StRoKer's How To: MAXIMUM Tire Fitment PICS!  (Read 3441 times)

nivvy

Re: StRoKer's How To: MAXIMUM Tire Fitment PICS!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008 - 01:33:44 PM »
with the spacers installed.... first 2 pics are with a 1/4" spacer a little over 1/2' to the spring on drivers side and alot of clearance to the wheelwell lip.... the last pic is the passengers side with a 1/8" spacer and about 1/2 to the spring...... I noticed on the caltrac springs the springs has like casting bumps in them Im sure I could easily grind the bumps off if desired or trim down the shackle bushing some if desried but is not really needed.... batteries went dead on me last photo clicked  :hyper: clearance is adequate on both sides..... hard to tell in the pics though also the right rear is sagged a little lower due to battery relocation and all new suspension and once i adjust the clearance will be better on the passenger side  :2thumbs:

Next I will be bolting on the M/T ET street Radial 325/50/15 for the street so I can RPM quicker with the 28" tall tire on the street...they are about .25 overall smaller width ... stay tuned  :burnout:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009 - 11:42:05 AM by StRoKer »

Offline cudaspaz

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008 - 02:23:34 PM »
Those tires look fat-n-happy in there!

Are you gonna run that car on the street as well?

Would look nice with some M/T sportsman pro's under there.

My buddy showed me a cool trick how to roll the wheel lips with a wooden baseball bat for a nice, uniform contour.
I took it one step further and used a wooden rolling pin for baking which worked even better.

I guess some may frown on redneck engineering but it works.

nivvy

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008 - 02:27:59 PM »
Those tires look fat-n-happy in there!

Are you gonna run that car on the street as well?

Would look nice with some M/T sportsman pro's under there.

My buddy showed me a cool trick how to roll the wheel lips with a wooden baseball bat for a nice, uniform contour.
I took it one step further and used a wooden rolling pin for baking which worked even better.

I guess some may frown on redneck engineering but it works.

Yes its a street car and I rolled my lips with a wooden bat as well..... I could roll them more though if needed,,,,,  :2thumbs:

I just put the car on jack stands and let the suspenion fall and jacked the rear up with a floor jack enough as need to roll the bat back n forth applying heat as needed with a heat gun on the paint  :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008 - 02:29:54 PM by StRoKer »

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008 - 02:17:03 PM »
Looks good with a'lil more meat. Kinda sucks that you can't run your rear valance now...lol..jk :roflsmiley:
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.

Offline carguybradd

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009 - 02:18:00 AM »
Good info. Thanks for sharing it with us!  :cheers:

How are those Cal-Tracs bars working out for you? I was thinking of putting a set on my Duster (couldn't get any traction if its life depended on it).
1970 Challenger Western Sport Special
(B7 blue,white top,blue int.,318/904 - for now)
1973 Duster
(B5 blue,black & white int.,340/727)
1966 Chevy C-10 short/fleetside
1965 VW Beetle
2006 Grand Caravan SXT (for the wife...)

Offline back n black

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009 - 11:48:21 AM »
Looks serious!