Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?

Author Topic: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2008 - 07:57:22 AM »
Why don't we take up a collection to get Tony paid? I didn't get involved it this project cause I just got here about the time this was happening and didn't know about it. That said I don't think it's fair to just leave him hang if he is in the red on this Cuda Guy project.   :2cents:  The stickers is a great idea for the calender money.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2008 - 08:07:19 AM »
Now that is a great idea. I asked Tony in chat if he was still in the red on the CudaGuy project and he said a little but not enough to worry about. I do not feel I paid too much for my calender and I am all for Tony getting the excess.

:iagree:

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2008 - 10:37:39 AM »
I'm getting into this thread late, but I think the funds should go back into costs/maintanence/improvements for the site.  Afterall, this place is what makes it all happen and bonds everyone together.  I agree that Tony should get covered, but via a separate effort with a target value.  :2cents:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2008 - 01:26:30 PM »
 :iagree:  not everybody who bought a calendar was involved in the cudaguy project...  the site is what it`s all about
*** Bart ***

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2008 - 07:02:29 PM »
Start by contacting Ross , I bet he refuses it though , he always has in the past
This site is a group effort , always has been even though many members have drifted in & out over the years , hard to help everyone here with what can`t be much $$
 We need to Square up with Tony as a group even though Dons car didn`t help the whole site , it was just a group effort that we found a way to accomplish , not sure what our next group effort should be though
Charities are alway good ,but we would have to be careful which to support & agian it wuld only help a small group in one area
Barrys site is valuable as well & helps out the whole Mopar group as well

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2008 - 07:28:10 PM »
Start by contacting Ross , I bet he refuses it though , he always has in the past
This site is a group effort , always has been even though many members have drifted in & out over the years , hard to help everyone here with what can`t be much $$
 We need to Square up with Tony as a group even though Dons car didn`t help the whole site , it was just a group effort that we found a way to accomplish , not sure what our next group effort should be though
Charities are alway good ,but we would have to be careful which to support & agian it wuld only help a small group in one area
Barrys site is valuable as well & helps out the whole Mopar group as well

Will you pm Ross and see if he would take the money so we can move on please?

If nobody minds that is.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008 - 07:30:18 PM by thedodgeboys »
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2008 - 03:00:26 AM »
Voted. :thumbsup:  Personally, I think it's best to redistribute the excess to those who purchased calendars.  As for Tony, I think there could be another site-wide collection set-up to take additional donations by members to help pay him back for the costs involved with building Don's car.  This site is growing and with that many things eventually end up changing, but let's keep it as-is until change is vital to its success.  I'm still glad Ross offers this site free-of-charge to its members, unlike several other sites that eventually were sold to an e-prospector who turned them into profit centers...:villagers:  That said, I'm content with what we have here and any of the suggestions that benefit the calendar purchasers or site in general sounds reasonable to me. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2008 - 04:18:31 AM »
Ok, this might sound a little crazy. But what if that money was used to pay for CC.com window stickers. Orders in advance. So we had a cost on making them. What we would charge for them. Shipping would be very little. Then we could make a little more profit to use as the members see fit.  :2cents:
:wave: hi Jackie, Exactly what did you have in mind as a winow sticker :clueless: have you got an examples please.  I would put one on my quarter glass if it were to look like one of the Mr. Norms decals.  Like the Sport Club or Super Tuned ones that he has.   Some examples or suggestions would be appreciated.  We have a member who does water slide decals and i bet he would offer a discounted price, and then we could have them fitted to the inside of the glass for a better look. :2thumbs: keep it smallish and it would look trick.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2008 - 01:08:25 PM »
As a calendar purchaser here is my two cents.

Ross will not accept the monies. Many of us, on this board, have offered to pay for the privilege of using this site and Ross has graciously turned it down every time.  :2thumbs:

As for Carlisle funds, I would prefer not, as only a small majority will benefit.

As for giving it to Barry, Alan, or Neil, I am fine with that, as they will all put it to good use.   :ylsuper:

Paying for window stickers is also a good idea, however, people will want to purchase them as well and we will have excess funds from that as well, and then we are right back where we started from.

Paying Tony back is also a great idea.  :burnout:

My idea, would be to use the monies to set up a fund, which others could donate to or auction off items, like we did for Don’s project.  Those monies then could be used by the group to set up a purchase items for a CC.Com store, like stickers, coffee cups etc.  Or to donate it to good causes or use it for future CC.Com projects.

I for one don’t want my money back from the difference of purchasing the calendar.  I would have gladly paid even more for mine.  :money:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2008 - 01:46:02 PM »
lol - the fact that MyMopar (who has the money) hasn't replied to this topic tells me the money has already been allocated and dispersed.  I think we've swamped the poor man with a bit more than he wanted to handle.  :)

I still have more to send you, John.  It probably won't go out until the weekend.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2008 - 01:53:41 PM »
lol - the fact that MyMopar (who has the money) hasn't replied to this topic tells me the money has already been allocated and dispersed.  I think we've swamped the poor man with a bit more than he wanted to handle.  :)

Jeff

My final thought and then when a decision is made someone can PM me.

I could have not said a word but I'm not like that.  I saw what ended up happening and thought hey, the club can really do some good with this.

I 'm sorry if the calendar generated a profit, not the intention.  I knew we would make a few dollars but didn't realize we would have a lot of last minute orders.  On the same token if i didn't order the extras then some people would have been without and I hate to tell someone no.

I know that the ones that ordered the calendars last are probably the happiest because if I didn't take a chance and order the extra then they would be with out.

If you want my opinion after reading this thread, perhaps doing the decal would be best as it benefits those that bought a calendar and in a way they are getting back a little something extra.  This would be if Ross doesn't want the moeny for site maintainence, but someone has got to ask him or send me his paypal addy and I'll just send the funds and be done with it.  Also please consider the USO option.  Next year no profit, everything will be at cost and only available to those that preorder.

:bricks1:

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...