Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?

Author Topic: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?  (Read 6909 times)

Offline MyMopar

Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?
« on: December 16, 2008 - 11:26:38 AM »
Seeing how no one has gotten back to me on what to do with the extra funds from the 2009 Cuda-Challenger Calendar, I thought to donate the proceeds to charity in the clubs name.  First I thought about food shelters, toy drives, etc... but realized that that would be restricted to help out one area and seeing how our members go nationwide and further I thought it would be best to help out a national cause so that everyone that bought a calendar can have a feeling of helping out.

That is when I did a search and came up with this: https://www.uso.org/donate/custom.aspx?id=850&

So if anyone has any better ideas speak up now or I will make a donation in the club's name.  Seems like a worthy cause and every $25 donated reults in $75 worth of supplies and requested items, so we can't really go wrong. 
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline farmertan

Re: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:46:59 AM »
im fairly new here so i dont know alot of the history of cc.c but most local clubs have a pres. vice pres. accountant. etc they use extra money for the club get togethers, ive seen the pics from big events and you guys have a nice pop up shelter, banners and such,that kind of stuff would make the club bigger and better and draw more people to us.giving to charity is a great idea but making cc.c bigger and better is what i would do, just my  :2cents:
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:56:30 AM »
If you want it (or some of it) to go to a Mopar oriented place that can ( and does) help members here, I am alwys looking for donations to help get items to add the www.hamtramck-historcal.com library.

There have been some things that would have been awesome additions to the library that I had to pass on due to lack of funds.

Barry

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008 - 12:14:12 PM »
If you want it (or some of it) to go to a Mopar oriented place that can ( and does) help members here, I am alwys looking for donations to help get items to add the www.hamtramck-historcal.com library.

There have been some things that would have been awesome additions to the library that I had to pass on due to lack of funds.

Barry

THat wouldn't be bad either Barry, id' say even donate some to Chryco, he's been on here answering questions and helping members since day one and I bet he could use a couple parts for his challenger build, he's only been waiting 20+ years to restore it.   You two guys are probably the biggest contributors on this board.   :2thumbs:  Mind you we could be talking about 75$ here for all I know.   :dunno:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008 - 12:42:26 PM »
Well I have made this point before to the leadership here.  As we grow we find ourselves in different positions and complicated situations.  I think it would be wise to appoint a Treasurer and other Admin type positions in order to run the website smoothly like any other car club ect.  I’m not an expert in this just making an observation is all.  I know that once we start running the website like this and we begin to make a profit that we (the website) is subject to tax laws ect.  Once you figure all that out we could then split the profits such as 50% to a charity list we (the members & leadership) have established and split that 50% evenly among the list.  The other 50% could be split up for member services such as what Barry suggested and other Mopar/c-c.com.  I mean has anyone sent someone like Chryco or Barry 20$ just for helping them through a tough spot or providing a deal breaking info saving a member thousands because someone was trying to rip them off?  Or what about 4C and all the effort that goes into Carlisle and things like that.  I know in the past there have been expenses that have come from the heart, if we were set up in the right ways we could avoid the strain of such events.  I know many members have pitched in at Carlisle for the food and the tent but if we had our funds organized we could operate smoother.  I really think this is the direction we should be headed in.  But like I said there is more too it than "hey let’s do this".   :2cents:

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008 - 12:44:20 PM »
THat wouldn't be bad either Barry, id' say even donate some to Chryco, he's been on here answering questions and helping members since day one and I bet he could use a couple parts for his challenger build, he's only been waiting 20+ years to restore it.   You two guys are probably the biggest contributors on this board.   :2thumbs:  Mind you we could be talking about 75$ here for all I know.   :dunno: 

Wasnt trying to piggy back on your point you posted as I was typing my book above and you had made the same point I did.  Sorry bro.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008 - 01:15:53 PM »
I say give it to Moparal.

I can't think of anyone else who would make that kind of money work BACK to the members of CC.C who really need it.  You wanna talk about a guy who "redistributes the wealth..."  :)

Moparal in 2012!

Me personally, I'd rather see it better the club.  I have nothing against charity, but I gotta go with the "FUBU" theory here - For Us By Us.  I'm thinking catered lunch at Carlisle, larger tent (or at least not making 4C pay for it again,) etcetera.  We could use it to help some members travel to shows, cover registrations costs or something...   :dunno:  I didn't know that we were submitting suggestions.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008 - 01:19:21 PM »
I say give it to Moparal.

I can't think of anyone else who would make that kind of money work BACK to the members of CC.C who really need it.  You wanna talk about a guy who "redistributes the wealth..."  :)

Moparal in 2012!

Me personally, I'd rather see it better the club.  I have nothing against charity, but I gotta go with the "FUBU" theory here - For Us By Us.  I'm thinking catered lunch at Carlisle, larger tent (or at least not making 4C pay for it again,) etcetera.  We could use it to help some members travel to shows, cover registrations costs or something...   :dunno:  I didn't know that we were submitting suggestions.

I agree, we should keep it for the members here, if it is for the tent rental at carlilse, the food people bring and cook, members who are down on there luck, etc.

Jeff
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008 - 02:15:40 PM »
Why dont we just save it for Carlisle? There are members here that put out their own money year after year to make Carlisle a fun time. It doesnt seem fair to continue to allow them to do that while there is money available. Tent, banners, food, drinks, etc, etc, etc.

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008 - 02:29:29 PM »
Well we do have some good ideas here.  I woul like to see it go back into the club too, perhaps for website costs or to benefit the members that contribute A LOT, Chryco and Moparal come to mind along with AlaskanTA with the whole Hamtrack thing.

You have to remember this was money generated by those that bought a calendar and not a club wide fund raiser where all members contributed something.  I was looking at a way to benefit and give recongition to those that purchased a calendar.

I'm all for giving it to Barry as it would indeed help the Mopar community.  The only reason why I picked the charity was because it was to benefit the men and women fighting for our country so we can continue to enjoy our fine machines.

Now everyone must realize that we can type all day about where the money should go, I am not looking for a long drawn out controvesary, rather a simple it should go here or there.  I'm interested now in finding out a solution to pick where it goes.

1. Either the 13 calendar car owners vote and make the decision.

or

2. Everyone that bought a calendar votes and makes the decision.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008 - 02:51:21 PM »
My database will be able to tell us who made a purchase - organized by member name (though we did have two or three who didn't list a member name, so they would be excluded unless they identified themselves.)

I see what you're saying, John - not everyone put money in the pot.  It does seem like keeping the money within the club is a favored idea, however.

Jeff

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:10:54 PM »
I say give it to Ross for Maintenance Money along with a new calendar if one is left.  :2cents:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:15:16 PM »

It does seem like keeping the money within the club is a favored idea, however.

Jeff
Perfect we have a starting point.

So what would people like to see;
1. money towards Barry and the Hamtrack Registry (which benfits us all)
2. money split 3 ways to Barry, Chryco and Moparal (although it is tough to determine exactly who on the website is considered the most worthy as Tactransman has been a huge benefit too and it opens a can of worms in a way).
3. would the website owner take the money and put it towards costs, one time it was said no, but maybe times have changed and it will be a yes?
4. save it for the big Carlisle event and spend it on food, beverages, perhaps a trophy?
5. something other?

or

6. use the money to help promote the club by doing a dash plaque vinyl window cling with the c-c.com logo.  Depending on cost order as much as we can, calendar members get first dibs then everyone else first come first serve?

Who ever wants to be heard just choose a couple to vote on or add your own into the mix.

I'm in favor of 3 and 1
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:18:51 PM »
Perfect we have a starting point.

So what would people like to see;
1. money towards Barry and the Hamtrack Registry (which benfits us all)
2. money split 3 ways to Barry, Chryco and Moparal (although it is tough to determine exactly who on the website is considered the most worthy as Tactransman has been a huge benefit too and it opens a can of worms in a way).
3. would the website owner take the money and put it towards costs, one time it was said no, but maybe times have changed and it will be a yes?
4. save it for the big Carlisle event and spend it on food, beverages, perhaps a trophy?
5. something other?

or

6. use the money to help promote the club by doing a dash plaque vinyl window cling with the c-c.com logo.  Depending on cost order as much as we can, calendar members get first dibs then everyone else first come first serve?

Who ever wants to be heard just choose a couple to vote on or add your own into the mix.

I'm in favor of 3 and 1

Can you add a poll for voting?
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:19:09 PM »
Lol - I vote 4 and 6.