Author Topic: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?  (Read 6899 times)

Offline MyMopar

Re: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:33:26 PM »
Ok created a poll lets vote and get it done, ugh.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:38:45 PM »
I'd go for #1 or #3.  With all due respect to those who make the Carlisle event a big deal, I think it's a bit unfair to have the money go towards something that benefits a relatively small number of members.  By the same token, we could use the money to buy a second tent for those who attend MATS in Las Vegas.  The point being that there are members from all over the world.  Therefore, any extra moneys should be spent on something that benefits the larger whole, even if it only came from calender buyers.   :2cents:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:42:08 PM »
Guys this still seems like a supr of the moment and seat of the pants plan, we need to make a priority list ect.  I think we are looking at this wrong, it needs to be more defined that just give it too so and so.  If Im not mistaken I think that the ads Ross have on the site pay for the costs of the site.   :2cents:

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:52:10 PM »
I'd go for #1 or #3.  With all due respect to those who make the Carlisle event a big deal, I think it's a bit unfair to have the money go towards something that benefits a relatively small number of members.  By the same token, we could use the money to buy a second tent for those who attend MATS in Las Vegas.  The point being that there are members from all over the world.  Therefore, any extra moneys should be spent on something that benefits the larger whole, even if it only came from calender buyers.   :2cents:

Good points. I agree we should appoint a treasurer, and just use any money gathered for costs that benefit all members, like site maintenance, registry maintenance, etc.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008 - 03:56:07 PM »
what have we done with it in previous years?

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008 - 04:17:54 PM »
I think we should get stickers or dash plaques for our cars with the c-c.com logo or whatever on it. :naughty:
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008 - 04:30:58 PM »
donate it to the 'save the polarbear' lobbyists... I heard we kill them with our gasguzzlers... :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008 - 04:32:39 PM »
This is completely different than anything mentioned, but I've been wondering for a while if we could do anything to support Toys for Tots. I buy toys for them every year, but is this something the club would go for?  :dunno:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline 'cudaCruiser

• My '72 B5 'cuda
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008 - 05:08:25 PM »
 :2cents:
I'm relatively new to the board but I did purchase a calendar this year and I would probably purchase a window sticker and/or a tailpanel callout too if they were available. Having merchandise for sell could grow the treasury and funds could become available for car show events around the country or to anyone, such as the Barry, that could put it to good use as a benefit to the board and its members . Why not use the calendar proceeds as seed money to start merchandising?
Mickey

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." Lou Holtz

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008 - 05:21:23 PM »
This is completely different than anything mentioned, but I've been wondering for a while if we could do anything to support Toys for Tots. I buy toys for them every year, but is this something the club would go for?  :dunno:

that`s the spirit  :cheers:
*** Bart ***

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008 - 09:45:26 PM »
I don't feel I should of even been mentioned in the post. No way have I did anything out of the ordinary that any other member could do.

I have no Idea what the profit amount is, but maybe we should just have you hold on to it for now. It isn't burning any holes in anyones pocket.

And as everyone knows me, If I had it, I would probably give it to goodwill, salvation army, a homeless center for food services n shelter, a member here maybe needing money for a prescription, Toys for Tots,

I  think that maybe we should wait and see for a bit.   Barry does use his own money to buy anything and everything he can as far as build sheets, any kind of data,  a long list for Barry.  He benefits more then just cc.c members.

But please, dont think about me OK?   

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:15:02 PM »
I'd buy some of these window stickers if they were available . . I think they're awesome.   :grinyes:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:18:50 PM »
Personally I voted for split it 3 ways for Barry, Neil and Alan. I do not know if the guys will accept it or not but those 3 men consistently go above and beyond for people on this site.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:21:21 PM »
Really, I think the only fair place to put it is back into the site itself.  AKA Ross.  It is his site and he pays the bill.  Without him paying the bill, NO ONE would benefit. 

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:23:00 PM »
Ok, this might sound a little crazy. But what if that money was used to pay for CC.com window stickers. Orders in advance. So we had a cost on making them. What we would charge for them. Shipping would be very little. Then we could make a little more profit to use as the members see fit.  :2cents: