Author Topic: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:26:46 PM »
I think we should donate 1/2 to www.hamtramck-historcal.com  and the other 1/2 save for snacks at Carlisle or other site uses. Nothing personal but I think it would be wrong to single out members to give free money. There is just NO fair way to pick as there are alot of great members. Just to pick people because they are long standing members is just wrong in many ways. Sorry guys but it's what I feel. The money should go to an organization.  :2cents:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008 - 11:29:06 PM by Rare_T_A »
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:29:36 PM »

I agree with Rare TA, there are heaps of great members on this board so it seems a little unfair to pick out a handful, albeit those 3 do great work for the board, MoPar and just out of kindness. Tough call.

Send it to Chrysler......they need it more than anyone.  :bigsmile:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008 - 02:56:18 AM »
I am still failry new here also. These are a lot of great ideas. I do however, like ChallengerHK's idea with the Toys For Tots. This could really make some childs holiday a whole lot better than it could have been. It also reflects very well on the people here, as well as, the whole car hobby. Recycling it back through the site is another great idea.

If everyone would like to get stickers made, I could get ahold of Ryan Goodin (fast383duster) he would do us a good job for a good price. I have dealt with him before, and he only lives about 10 minutes away from me. Really nice guy, so if I can be of help just let me know. Here is Ryan's website
http://www.highspeedgraphix.com/
Chris, Ohio

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008 - 04:10:39 AM »
Really, I think the only fair place to put it is back into the site itself.  AKA Ross.  It is his site and he pays the bill.  Without him paying the bill, NO ONE would benefit. 

:iagree:  If not for Ross, this place would not be here.  Without this site we would not be a community with world wide members. 

I may be out of align for asking, but just how much cash are we taking about?  Maybe we can go to capitol hill and take a vote on it....just joking.  But really, Ross is the man with the computer server and he's paying the electric bill each month to run this joint for our enjoyment.  We take this place for granted and yet we all b!tch when something on here crashes.  My vote is for Ross.  Let him decide how he wants to spend the windfall. 
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008 - 09:14:22 AM »
I do have another question, and I truly don't mean to put MyMopar on the spot here, but why is there excessive profit from the Calendar sales to begin with?

I kinda feel that this should have been a non-profit sale.  I mean if one member took and organized the photos, and had them made, and sold them, then that member would set a profit margin and keep the money - kinda like what Gary does with the parking signs.  But since this was a group effort, then really there is no ONE person who the money should go to, and therefore I'd think that this would have been done "at cost."

I guess I'd be dissapointed to learn that there was anymore profit than just a few bucks, because that'd mean we all spent too much on these calendars.  Now we have to debate where the money goes and there's no way we're going to make everyone happy with the outcome.

Me personally I don't really care - but I do vote that next year, we do this "at cost," or decide BEFORE hand where the money is going to go, and treat it as an actual "fund raiser."

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008 - 09:18:38 AM »
I do have another question, and I truly don't mean to put MyMopar on the spot here, but why is there excessive profit from the Calendar sales to begin with?

I kinda feel that this should have been a non-profit sale.  I mean if one member took and organized the photos, and had them made, and sold them, then that member would set a profit margin and keep the money - kinda like what Gary does with the parking signs.  But since this was a group effort, then really there is no ONE person who the money should go to, and therefore I'd think that this would have been done "at cost."

I guess I'd be dissapointed to learn that there was anymore profit than just a few bucks, because that'd mean we all spent too much on these calendars.  Now we have to debate where the money goes and there's no way we're going to make everyone happy with the outcome.

Me personally I don't really care - but I do vote that next year, we do this "at cost," or decide BEFORE hand where the money is going to go, and treat it as an actual "fund raiser."

Jeff

Could have been a number of reasons... miscalculation is most likely the reason though.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008 - 09:30:20 AM »
Could have been a number of reasons... miscalculation is most likely the reason though.

Don

And that's quite possibly true, also - as someone who has run a small internet business (the JeffreyStephen.com link you guys have been using is actually just a sub-folder of my store - that's why this was so easy to set up) - I know that you always need a little "padding" to compensate for higher shipping rates, packaging, etc.  That stuff can bite you if you don't prepare yourself.  So if the price was padded by a buck, then we'd have $100 - or so - for 100 orders, and that's fine.  So I say send it to Ross and be done with it.  If he wants to put it towards a charity or stuff it in his pocket, that's fine with me.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2008 - 10:41:06 AM »
So if the price was padded by a buck, then we'd have $100 - or so - for 100 orders, and that's fine.  So I say send it to Ross and be done with it.  If he wants to put it towards a charity or stuff it in his pocket, that's fine with me.

Jeff

I really think we are missing the chance organize the administration here and begin to propel this site/club into the next stage of evolution.  Once this issue dies it will fall by the wayside until someone starts asking for donations for the next c-c.c event.  To me its the writing on the wall.  Its not like this site was formed yesterday and we are a bunch of nobodys who logged in one day and said hey lets do this.  This could lead to products such as formalized dash plaques, stickers and T-Shirts which could generate profit to be redirected towards c-c.c events, food, ect.  The site can become self sustaining outside of Ross who provides the websapce and the general direction.  I just think this will be a missed opritunity to reorganize/restructure while the money all be it .01 or $1000.00 is a issue at this time.    :2cents:

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008 - 10:41:35 AM »
And that's quite possibly true, also - as someone who has run a small internet business (the JeffreyStephen.com link you guys have been using is actually just a sub-folder of my store - that's why this was so easy to set up) - I know that you always need a little "padding" to compensate for higher shipping rates, packaging, etc.  That stuff can bite you if you don't prepare yourself.  So if the price was padded by a buck, then we'd have $100 - or so - for 100 orders, and that's fine.  So I say send it to Ross and be done with it.  If he wants to put it towards a charity or stuff it in his pocket, that's fine with me.

Jeff

This makes the most sense and seems fair to all members.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008 - 10:44:39 AM »
Why not just refund everyone that bought calendars? That seems like the right / fair thing to do, it is their money.

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008 - 10:54:11 AM »

Jeff

I'm sorry to create such a problem, I just want to do the right thing.  Last year the proceeds (what little there was) went to pay the rest of the cuda guy project off.
Seeing how no word was left on that I figured it was done.

Now as for profit it does happen.  The envelopes I didn't end up buying, so that saved $40.  Also when placing a calendar order the more ordered the less the cost per calendar but at a higher production expense.

Next year we can do this all at expense, but that would mean everyone would need to place their calendar order before we printed it so you'd be buying your calendar in October.  Sometimes people don't plan ahead like that.

Last year I ended up with 14 extras, this year we sold out.  The more that order the less per calendar so it is a tricky situation.  Any business person knows that their is a break even point and then anything sold after that is all profit, will we hit that point at 70 calendars.    So the last 30 sold are all profit basically.

Anyway I thought that any proceeds would go towards the club or donated to some other good organization IN THE CLUBS NAME.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:01:33 AM »
I'd buy some of these window stickers if they were available . . I think they're awesome.   :grinyes:

I window sticker idea is intended to be FREE for all those that got a calendar and then if any are left it would be first come first serve, of course I don't know the cost of this but can find out.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline farmertan

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:14:18 AM »
no need to be sorry this is a great problem i dont mind paying extra so the club can have this problem, 1st priority is this site ask ross if the ads pay enough if hes losing money give him what he needs then 2nd promote the site through window clings or banners so the site grows then next year we will sell 150 calendars, with more profit next year we can expand to helping more people on this site,i have no idea what it cost to run this site or what the ads pay but without it we dont exist.even with buying the window clings or bumper stickers we could have some left over to send to barry or whoever.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline resq302

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:17:53 AM »
Just a thought but you might want to consider the Antique Automobile Club of America.  They not only have a library and research facility but also have a museum too.  The central office is located in Hershey, PA but have local chapters all over the US, possilby the world.  They are dedicated to keeping the antique car hobby alive and is probably one of the largest if not THE largest organization in the world.

Feel free to check them out at www.AACA.org

If not them, then consider giving back to the site itself.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:18:08 AM »
I really think we are missing the chance organize the administration here and begin to propel this site/club into the next stage of evolution.  Once this issue dies it will fall by the wayside until someone starts asking for donations for the next c-c.c event.  To me its the writing on the wall.  Its not like this site was formed yesterday and we are a bunch of nobodys who logged in one day and said hey lets do this.  This could lead to products such as formalized dash plaques, stickers and T-Shirts which could generate profit to be redirected towards c-c.c events, food, ect.  The site can become self sustaining outside of Ross who provides the websapce and the general direction.  I just think this will be a missed opritunity to reorganize/restructure while the money all be it .01 or $1000.00 is a issue at this time.    :2cents:

I dont think that the site needs someone appointed just for this stuff.  I mean yeah, this place is great, there is googles of information on here, people willing to go out of their way, etc.  But it is still just an internet site.  Like Carl says, there are people who have it a LOT worse off than anyone here.  

One thing I disagree with is the event stuff.  I dont want to pay for some dude's potato chips or hot dog.  Sorry.  Even if it was 25c of my $$.  

I do agree with a non-profit deal next year.  That would end any disagreements.  

Or here's an idea, put the $$ into making next year's calendars.  Then they will be cheaper.   :thinkerg: