Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?

Author Topic: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?  (Read 6898 times)

Offline MyMopar

Re: Proceeds from club calendar - this is what we will do?
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:24:47 AM »
My final thought and then when a decision is made someone can PM me.

I could have not said a word but I'm not like that.  I saw what ended up happening and thought hey, the club can really do some good with this.

I 'm sorry if the calendar generated a profit, not the intention.  I knew we would make a few dollars but didn't realize we would have a lot of last minute orders.  On the same token if i didn't order the extras then some people would have been without and I hate to tell someone no.

I know that the ones that ordered the calendars last are probably the happiest because if I didn't take a chance and order the extra then they would be with out.

If you want my opinion after reading this thread, perhaps doing the decal would be best as it benefits those that bought a calendar and in a way they are getting back a little something extra.  This would be if Ross doesn't want the moeny for site maintainence, but someone has got to ask him or send me his paypal addy and I'll just send the funds and be done with it.  Also please consider the USO option.  Next year no profit, everything will be at cost and only available to those that preorder.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:26:24 AM »
I dont think that the site needs someone appointed just for this stuff.  I mean yeah, this place is great, there is googles of information on here, people willing to go out of their way, etc.  But it is still just an internet site.  Like Carl says, there are people who have it a LOT worse off than anyone here.  

One thing I disagree with is the event stuff.  I dont want to pay for some dude's potato chips or hot dog.  Sorry.  Even if it was 25c of my $$.  

I do agree with a non-profit deal next year.  That would end any disagreements.  

Or here's an idea, put the $$ into making next year's calendars.  Then they will be cheaper.   :thinkerg:  

Not to argue points and I think this will be my last post on this topic, but in my first post I suggested 50% for charity (for those in need) and the other 50% towards the site/members who serve it.  If we need to hash this out further hit me up on a PM.  

Good luck with what ever gets decided on this issue and let me know if you need anything from me.  I just feel that the logistics of the site are more complicated then being expressed here.  Everytime we want to do something as a site its always panic mode and who will do this and that.  I guess Im the only one who sees it.

Don  
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2008 - 11:28:45 AM »
Or here's an idea, put the $$ into making next year's calendars.  Then they will be cheaper.   :thinkerg:

Hey - there's a good idea.  Stick it away until next year.
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2008 - 12:03:28 PM »
How about buy some memory with it so we don't keep loosing pictures.   :bigsmile:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2008 - 12:45:11 PM »
How about buy some memory with it so we don't keep loosing pictures.   :bigsmile:

:smilielol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2008 - 01:23:17 PM »
Don,

I'm not an arguer by nature, I just like to do what is fair for everyone.  No need to hash things over via PM, I just have an opinion and feel that I have the right to voice it on here, just like everyone else.  I dont think anyone is in panic mode, its not like the $$ was put into the stock market.   :lol2:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2008 - 01:47:28 PM »
Hey John,

I apologize - I didn't consider the fact that the "profit margin" is actually there to make sure that the cost of the last few calendars are covered even if they're never sold.

This year, since all were sold (still waiting on the last one!) then there was extra money generated.  In addition, for those who don't know this - the printing company printed a few extras that we essentially got for free.  So when these were paid for, it was 100% profit.

I see where MyMopar is coming from and retract my comment that it should have been done "non-profit."  This was essentially impossible, unless we ONLY ordered for those who prepurchased, AND no extras were printed.

John, it seems like the Decals idea is tied for first, and again - we're not going to please everyone.  I say you're in charge, and for what it's worth, I backed you up, so why don't we do the decals and make that a done deal.  Al declined having any money sent to him, and I don't think we're working with enough money here to justify splitting it up, so make some decals and send 'em out as late Christmas presents to those who bought calendars.  Then we can give away the rest using a lottery system or first-come-first-served.

I'll help ya any way I can.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2008 - 03:45:47 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate, did we ever get enough $$ to Tony for The Cuda Guy build project?  What about sending it to him?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2008 - 05:52:34 PM »
Just to play devil's advocate, did we ever get enough $$ to Tony for The Cuda Guy build project?  What about sending it to him?

I was thinking the same thing, send it to Tony if he's still in the red on that project. That being said, I voted "Other". 

John
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2008 - 06:24:26 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, send it to Tony if he's still in the red on that project. That being said, I voted "Other". 

John
\
I'm all for making sure Tony isn't in the red for Don's car.

Also, It did take a lot of time and dedication to get our calenders. And to set up a way to pay for it.  So in my eyes MyMopar, Viperman would be my actual choice if Tony was not in the red.

So, there is a bunch of ways to divy up what was left over. If those 3 ways fail, then save it for next years calender, or invest it in a cc.c window sticker. But I dont have any type of stickers on my car, and of course Barrys registery

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008 - 06:51:24 PM »
I don't think we've had any bad suggestions.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2008 - 06:54:52 PM »
One thing I disagree with is the event stuff.  I dont want to pay for some dude's potato chips or hot dog.  Sorry.  Even if it was 25c of my $$. 

I'd buy you a hot dog n coke and never think nothin about it.  :2thumbs:

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008 - 06:57:02 PM »
I voted other as well.....I think it should go to Tony for all the reasons everyone else has mentioned.

Just my  :2cents:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2008 - 08:06:09 PM »
It should first go to Tony to pay back any time,money he put out for the cuda project and then Barry to help with his great wealth of info available to all of us free of charge.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2008 - 10:13:45 PM »
Now that is a great idea. I asked Tony in chat if he was still in the red on the CudaGuy project and he said a little but not enough to worry about. I do not feel I paid too much for my calender and I am all for Tony getting the excess. Reading back just a bit I realized I neglected one option. The ones who went the distance on this project and got it out on a great schedule should not feel like its a sin to get something for their hard work. In the end whatever you guys decide is fine with me, it is a great calender at a great price.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008 - 08:09:18 AM by bb71challenger »
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*