Author Topic: My uncle's 1968 Plymouth Barracuda..  (Read 970 times)

Offline BIRD67

• My myspace page
My uncle's 1968 Plymouth Barracuda..
« on: December 16, 2008 - 04:08:51 PM »
Here is some info on my uncle's 1968 plymouth Barracuda... It was bought in the early 1980's by my dad, it had just been repainted Pea green,the colour it came with from the factory...It had a pea green interior with bucket seats and a column-shifted 904 automatic..The engine was a 318 with an edelbrock intake manifold and 4 barrel carb..it had steel wheels and dog-dish caps,which ended up in the trash...My dad sold it to his brother, Rory and moved here to NH..My uncle Rory immediately pulled the engine, installed 360 heads and a 360 crankshaft..Added a cam out of a 340 and did all the other mods in the book..He took the car to Maaco and had them paint the exterior in Midnight blue..He dyed the interior black,added a tachometer to the column and changed the car to a console shift,with a console from a Duster and Duster high-back bucket seats..The shifter is a B&M Rachet Shifter from my dad's old '69 Firebird and the outside mirrors came from the Firebird as well... He took the car down to the local exhaust shop and had them put on 2" straight pipe with thrush glasspacks,blown out of course! It was driven until 2003 when the 904 gave up it's ghost,He said that it was so bad that he could barely make it up his driveway! This is how the car currently sits...I have tried to convince him to get it fixed but it is tough living in California and raising 2 kids..This past summer, I decided to do some stuff to it..I removed the console,mirrors,shifter,rear seat,dashpad,glovebox and various other things...Anyways,here are the pics..and if you want to light a fire under his A$$ to get him going on it, then herew is his e-mail adress! bad68fish@yahoo.com
R.I.P Quint Stires 8/9/60-10/29/08
www.myspace.com/thunderstruck225

Offline BIRD67

• My myspace page
Re: My uncle's 1968 Plymouth Barracuda..
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008 - 08:50:15 AM »
I was talking with my uncle last night on the phone, and he said that if he can, he will take the car over to his friend's house and they will start work there.. He also told me that it had a 8 1/4 filled with 2:73 gears because he used to drive it to work alot on the highways...I didn't get a picture of it, but he showed me a timeslip from the late 1980's and his best pass was 13.88 on street tires..
R.I.P Quint Stires 8/9/60-10/29/08
www.myspace.com/thunderstruck225

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Re: My uncle's 1968 Plymouth Barracuda..
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008 - 04:42:06 PM »
Nice car, I love those A body notches!

I hear him on the tough financial times, though.