People…….I HATE SNOW!

Author Topic: People…….I HATE SNOW!  (Read 2847 times)

Offline CUDASTRIKE

Re: People…….I HATE SNOW!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008 - 11:16:32 AM »
...good news, the road is open :bigsmile:

...seriously, be careful...we have had ice here in Indiana and there have been lots of accidents and several fatalities locally

Cool pic, I wonder what they do when its not wide enough for two vehicles to pass, start digging a hole in the side wall for one to move over?
1970 BS23UOB E86 D21 A33 A62 J45 + 6 ADDED

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008 - 11:41:40 AM »
I hated it to. that is why I moved SOUTH !!!
Who ever said birds were stupid..
It is sunny and 78 degrees right now outside in Charleston SC
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008 - 11:49:19 AM »
I hated it to. that is why I moved SOUTH !!!
Who ever said birds were stupid..
It is sunny and 78 degrees right now outside in Charleston SC
JS27

Lol - say hi to my in-laws for me.  They wanted to stay South so I moved North!!!    :roflsmiley:

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008 - 12:48:53 PM »
Still coming down here in Seattle.  Where we have a TON of hills! :swear:

Funny seeing these whackos trying to get up those hills.  Even funnier seeing them come down sideways playing pinball w/the parked cars. :roflsmiley:

'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008 - 03:01:05 PM »
Snow's great for skiing  :icon16:

...and sliding fun
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008 - 03:24:46 PM »
Love that first photo, Elephant.  That's awesome.  I want a Viper shot just like that.

I was watching the news of the bad weather out West...  Showed a Jeep that was on a hill, trying to pull away from the curb.  But the moment they tapped the gas, the tires would just slide, no matter how much they had them turned to the side.  What I couldn't understand was why the idiot behind the wheel kept TRYING...  Your truck is SLIDING down a MOUNTAIN.  Stick it in park, jam a rock under each tire and GO HOME.  People are STUPID.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008 - 04:22:45 PM »
I like snow so much that I moved to NC from upstate NY!! LOL

We haven't seen much here in the last four years, but I can't even imagine these people trying to drive in it. They were bad enough up north where they had practice!

They close the schools here when there are flurries! LMAO

Steve
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline METAL BEE 68

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008 - 05:49:32 PM »
I HATE snow and winter!  :stomp: I have'nt worked all week 'cuz of it.  :swear: :puke:
Bring on the summer!  :jumping: :woohoo:

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008 - 06:15:41 PM »
We are supposed to get about a foot or more of snow tomorrow here and people are already driving like there is snow on the ground!!!!  There is a mad rush to all of the supermarkets as if we will not get out for food for months!  Too funny!

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008 - 08:18:49 PM »
I am home!  :crazy:  :cheers: Finally.

Al, you are correct, it is wrong to leave people stranded if they are in danger.  However, if I stopped and helped everyone I would have put myself in harms way,  As it was, I wrenched my shoulder helping someone get un-stuck.  I asked many if they needed assistance and they declined.  One lady had been stetting waiting for a tow for six hours and still didn’t want a ride to town. 

The snow looks pretty on the mountains and that is where it needs to stay.  This weekend will be spent clean my work truck from all the muck from driving in the snow for ten hours.

Greg, Mountain Pass and Caltrans was the reason that I was in this situation,  I was there for the blasting, were they closed the road for four hours and then the snow started and never seemed to stop.  Many an abandoned car, trucks, and semis are still on the roadways.

Ahh, Home Sweet Home.

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008 - 08:54:24 PM »
Glad you made it home OK.

Maybe you should move to somewhere warm, like California.  ;)

No snow here.  :bigsmile:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008 - 08:58:17 PM »
Yer a good guy 67vertman :2thumbs:   We got 4 inches in Tacoma since last night. I was trying to finish a tough job today instead of monday (which I did)  Then I had to drive to Seattle on I-5. My top speed on ice n snow was 35 mph. Wrecks all over the place. I spent 90 bucks today for my motel in Tacoma, checked out, and another 89 dollars here at seatac. Right in front of the airport exit. 200 bucks in  one day for a motel. Gosh, then 10 dollars a day for long term parking untill Jan 17th. In advance.  I have to come back and do another job here.

I am hoping I am not stranded here myself. Airport delays all day today and cancellations.  I bought a ticket for 12:30 lunch time :bigsmile: When I was quite sure they'd have the run ways clear. Then I bought it first class to Memphis to be sure I was at the top of the list, and then a 1 hr flight home to A L A B A M A :cheers:

I usually work in Wyoming every year and lots of winters. I know what the wind is out there for sure.

Homeward bound :woohoo:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008 - 09:05:48 PM »
It would be nice if driving in snow was part of your driver's test. I had no problem as a teenager, but that was life in Western Pa. I move to Maryland, and find out I'm in the village of the idiots!!   :22yikes:

Seriously, there is no need for ABS brakes if you have any clue how to drive in bad weather.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008 - 12:11:33 AM »
Glad you made it home OK '67.  Our bus didn't get out of Primm until 1:00 PM today and the driver got back to our yard around 8:00 PM.  He said the desert was a winter wonderland all the way across.  It's too bad we were unaware of the blasting and road closure.  Yesterday morning, I thought briefly about the driver, hoping he wouldn't have to chain going over Cajon Pass.  Being an old Mammoth and Big Bear hand, with over 75 trips to the snow, it didn't even cross my mind that Caltrans would close the road rather than just requiring chains.  Had we known about the road closure in advance or thought about what Caltrans would do with the oncoming snow, we would have advised the driver to head down the 95 before the snow got there and closed the road.  Guess I'll file that away for future reference.

All you folks about to get hit by both these storms, stay close to home or safety and keep warm.  :angelwings:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline lumpy

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008 - 10:29:31 AM »
E bodies are great for doing donuts in an icy parking lot!!