Why I Hate SPEED TV

Author Topic: Why I Hate SPEED TV  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Why I Hate SPEED TV
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008 - 06:16:11 PM »
The one that chaps my arse is....hell can't even remember the name, about wreckers in Chi town.... Nothing to do w/autos & IMO boring as reality shows get.. I don't mind them covering any auto subject even if I'm not interested but long drive competitions & the like I'd rather watch Pinks re-run #999
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008 - 06:23:04 PM »
I still like checkin' out Vida once in awhile...  :naughty:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008 - 06:35:30 PM »
I'm no Nascar fan, and it took about 3 episodes of Pinks to decide it was just basically the same kind of crap each show so I don't watch it either. I like the shows were do actual builds, but it seems like Speed just dropped them. There's also a lot of sportsman class drag racing like the top alcohol classes that are fun to watch but I don't see any of that on Speed either. Maybe I'm not catching the right time slot for that stuff, but they're sure not showing anything that interests me these days!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline farmertan

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008 - 06:47:04 PM »
i keep trying but my rabbitt ears wont pull in speed, oh well come feb it wont work at all,who needs tv anyway.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008 - 06:53:48 PM »
Mike (owner and driver) is actually a nice guy once you talk to him. Also, they do know a lot about cars...hell, have you seen Mike's new creation? :2thumbs:
Mike happens to be a friend of ours. And does know his cars. He out drove a Lotus and a Lambo in a 68 Charger. The carb was acting up because of the high altitude. It did same thing in CA , in fact it was blowing raw fuel out the exhaust. Shelby talked to him every night before Bullrun aired to get the scoop on the show. The show was not scripted, it was edited to make for good TV. Mike is a fantastic guy. He took time out of his day to talk to Shelby about the show.( she was a huge fan) And to quote Mike " It is what it is , it's a show "  And if you watched the show and payed attention you would have know that the Charger ran the finale. You can see the Mike's headlights and taillights.  :burnout:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008 - 08:40:14 PM by DoNotChallengeHer »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008 - 07:20:21 PM »

I CAN'T STAND NASCAR. Vintage Nascar-  :grinyes:. Current Nascar... :grinno:

I'd love Speed Channel, well, any channel dedicated to cars and racing.
All we have that is dedicated is TrackSide (horse racing) and The Rugby Channel. :lol:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008 - 09:15:07 PM »
 I'm a  Tech inspector at my local track that is sanctioned by Nascar , but I'd have to agree the " new " nascar is getting pretty old quick! The last 10 years in my opinion have been a steady decline. It's supposed to be STOCK CAR RACING!!! Now there is no difference in the cars! Not 1 part is "stock" anymore!! It's all about money now! Tell me a charger looks anything near stock????????? Heck now the Japanese want in on the money , so they don't have an engine to compete so what do they do? Take the best designs and copy them ( like they always do!??????? That's STOCK CAR RACING?????????????? Really the only one that uses a "stock" dimensionally engine is chevy even our beloved Dodge in Nascar uses a purpose built engine that wasn't, or is not available in any car!!!
 I've really liked the Austrailian V8 supercar racing!! Now that's STOCK car racing!!! I haven't seen a race on speed for what a year now??? I think  Nascar has "forgotten" there roots! I mean heck try and take your family to a race!!!!! Ya better mortgage the house!!! They should get back to STOCK car racing! Cars ,at least bodies from the factory! If 1 dominates TOO BAD!!! Tell the manufacturers to pull up their pants and quit whining!!! Countless improvements to road cars have been from racing!! I for 1 am sick of the cookie cutter cars they have now!! I have to look at the sticker on the nose to tell what kind of car it's supposed to be!! I hear only 26 teams have sponsors for next season ( this Feb ) due to the current economy and auto manufacturers woes.
Recently on Speed they have vintage Trans-AM cars in CA that was cool!! Of course the 77 Challenger won!!lol I also enjoy Le-Mans type racing too. Just my  :2cents:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008 - 09:46:26 PM »
nascar cup racing = glorified iroc racing.no more true competition.no room for inovative new ideas to get your car to the finish line first.just the B.S. the france family can think up to forever be the puppetmasters

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008 - 09:56:31 PM »
saddly its all about the money in na$car.  :crying:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008 - 10:08:47 PM »
I agree with some really crappy shows on Speed, but I like the BJ reruns to see some lovely cars (although they goto commercial break when a nice cuda etc comes on), I like american muscle, hot import nights is ok as is some episodes of lowrider ( i love vida) classic car garage with dennis gauge is good at times and hot rod tv is good except it is on at 2am or 7 am and I am not :(. I think they want wrecked to be OCC. I liked the concept of the new mustang announcement on speed. In other words it is better to have speed than not, but i look forward to a good car show and lone and behold some crap is on.  :violin:

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008 - 10:23:05 PM »
Mike happens to be a friend of ours. And does know his cars. Mike is a fantastic guy. He took time out of his day to talk to Shelby about the show. 

:iagree: x2. I've answered him so many questions and he's always taken the time out to answer them.
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008 - 10:24:12 PM »
classic car garage with dennis gauge

I met him around 4 years ago. He's a cool guy. I had a shirt when I was a little kid that said "I own a '69 Charger...not just a t-shirt". He signed it. :2thumbs:
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008 - 02:00:07 AM »
I was pissed when they dropped the rally racing, WRC, that is the best stuff and I think it has the best drivers. Need to be able to drive in all conditions, all road surfaces and balls out all the time. Always interesting to watch. Also, what happened to Dream Car Garage? or American Muscle Car. Guess those shows are gone. Guess our 15 minutes of cool car shows is up.
About the only show that is entertaining anymore is Top Gear. Love the way they beat the crap out of the cars they test drive. And they always come up with some goofy stunt to pull.

"Can a man on a bicycle outrun a man in a car crossing a city" - The bicycle won -
"One man rides bicycle, one drives car, one drives boat - who can get across London to the airport the fastest?" -Think the bicycle won that one too-

Hell they crashed a Koenigsegg (sp?) on their test track, sent it back to Koenigsegg, they fixed it and sent it back to the show to be tested again, how cool is that?!

Here is a good one - it's worth a watch....

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008 - 02:15:45 AM by ntstlgl1970 »
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008 - 07:57:27 AM »
Hey Viperman,
She is sitting next to you while you type, isn't she. :roflsmiley:

Lol - naw man - my wife is cool.  I mean, we're young, so who knows what's gonna happen after we've logged a few years.  But we get along great, we make a great team, we don't argue over stupid stuff - we both know just when to ignore each other.  :)

Now, I finally got her riled up when I mentioned the thought of buying a friend's Stratus for some part-swapping - got a firm, "NO - no more cars."  But I had already come to the same conclusion, so there was no debate.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008 - 09:32:35 AM »
Lol - naw man - my wife is cool.  I mean, we're young, so who knows what's gonna happen after we've logged a few years.  But we get along great, we make a great team, we don't argue over stupid stuff - we both know just when to ignore each other.  :)

Now, I finally got her riled up when I mentioned the thought of buying a friend's Stratus for some part-swapping - got a firm, "NO - no more cars."  But I had already come to the same conclusion, so there was no debate.

Jeff
Yea, my wife has been really supportive about the car I have been building. She actually is really into it. She has always been into e-body's from before we met. Cuda's especially. Didn't believe me when I told her I owned one when we first met. Had to bring her over to show it to her. Last time it was fully running I just threw her the keys and told her to go burn some fuel. She bends it i'll fix it. Just a car. As long as I don't lose the car its all good. Cute little blond tooling around behind 450 HP. Wonder what all the tuners must of thought of that!