Author Topic: I dont understand!!!  (Read 6263 times)

craigsmytcudas

Re: I dont understand!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008 - 06:44:30 PM »
To stay on the original topic . i would do a double take on the stang .It could be a real shelby, one reason is so many real ones around and ford guys road race cars that would make mopar collectors knees shake . cudas very seldom get out except the lower priced models. i never see a cuda and go i wonder if its a real hemi or 440. that said i like this guys cuda and the wheels are ok .but if this cuda had a 440 or hemi hockey stick and the track pack stance i would take more notice for the same reasons as the possible shelby would .a few other posts made mention of nobody remembers the cudas ,a great looking car will be noticed even if it has no name on it even by people with no car knowledge . a customer brought his kids to my shop this week and they stopped and looked at a 68 gto and a cuda and loved them .but got a laugh out of a v code super bird along with a 34 ford coupe . this would suggest that racing history makes one pair cool once understood and the other pair is cool looking even if they never move .if a novice looks at a car and asks why then its all over no second look .the stang is very clean nothing on that car stands out as a red flag in the 21st century that makes it timeless.c

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2008 - 05:54:00 PM »
I think its a result of the movies. The fastback Shelby look is instantly recognizeble from movies like "Gone in 60 seconds", etc. Same thing with Chargers (Dukes of Hazard, Fast and Furious, etc). I think thats why people mistake Challengers for Chargers so much.

If it were just a plain Mustang, I doubt you'd get nearly as many looks.

Offline cudaneil

• Mopar or Nocar ?
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2008 - 07:15:42 PM »

HI GUYS,
                I can officially confirm that Mustangs are immediately recognised by the general public because of how many of them were made, and the fact that they are used a lot in films,bullitt etc.
               I had a show winner of a 66 mustang coupe before my cuda,and that was because mopars were hard to find here in the uk. the ones that were available were out of my price range. So i got a fairly cheap Mustang and rebuilt it with easily found parts !

I wont disrespect the stang because it has earned our respect in many ways( Racing etc) and it was a nice car to own and drive.

I have had kids of no more than 10 yrs old saying "nice mustang mister"   also lots of men and women  saying "beautiful car...mustang isnt it ?"

But the best one of all was a woman who must have been nearly 80 yrs of age passing the gas station while i was filling up. She gave me the thumbs up and said "nice mustang"   i was truly gobsmacked by that one !!!!

DONT FORGET I LIVE IN THE UK............................a long, long way from where these cars were made !!!

I do agree that mopars are in a different class,and i love mine dearly.  But they are,and have been lower profile and thats why only car nuts truly appreciate them.

:cheers: CUDANEIL   ;D     :england:
just one more job to do..................  (O----{|||}----O)