I dont understand!!!

Author Topic: I dont understand!!!  (Read 6267 times)

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Re: I dont understand!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008 - 04:14:06 AM »
More popularity includes more women as part of the general populace.  Women like 'stangs better b/c...well..they're chick cars.  Especially the early ones and in white.

The 'Cuda is a bit too...macho (???) for many women's tastes.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008 - 08:22:07 AM »
I do agree that most people have expirences with Mustangs. I myself have owned over a dozen of them including a 67, 71 and multiple Fox body cars (85-93). I also have owned two SVT Lightnings. So I might just be so used to them that seeing one doesnt get my blood boiling. I have also noticed that several people I have run across think this thing is an actual Shelby which adds to its appeal. I'm not downing it as it is a beautiful car but I still love my Cuda much more not to mention this thing runs, drives and feels like a turd. You sit so high in this car you feel as if your riding on top of it!!
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline ladman

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008 - 08:58:36 AM »
Dave.  First of all, your wheels look great.  Secondly, I can guarantee if you put those cars side by side, people would recognize the Furd because Mustangs are just kind of unversally known, because there were so many produced.  However, I believe your car would be more "attractive" to most.  You have a great ride.
'73 'Cuda Pro Street

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008 - 09:23:59 AM »
I have a good friend that has me work on his 1966 Mustang fastback GT350 clone and on several occasions I have driven the car home. What I dont understand is that it seem that many more people go nuts over this thing than when I'm cruising in the Cuda! Dont get me wrong the Cuda gets plenty of attention but this thing seems to be an absolute magnet. I have always thought of a Mustang as a very run of the mill car that you see at every car show and in every magazine whereas seeing an E body is a complete rarity. What gives? I'm almost jealous!!!

That’s what I love about e-body’s and…
                                    Most
                                    Other
                                    People
                                    Are
                                    Ridiculous

Don’t worry about it that mustang has that iconic muscle car look that the general public has been brainwashed with,
Your Cuda is sweet and clean!
 :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008 - 11:37:08 AM »
well just my  :2cents: to me if it were not for the mustang, we might not have a challenger,or other cars with these kind of styling cues,it seems like a car with stripes and the right color  get a little more attention,especially when you park them next each other,i guess it all depends on what turns your crank ,my car gets overlooked alot sometimes because black kinda hides amongst all the other colors.:stirpot:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008 - 11:38:52 AM by drewcrane »

tinfish360

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008 - 12:10:51 PM »
E bodies had a 4 yr run that ended 35 yrs ago.

5 years. 70 71 72 73 74.
That mustang is very nice. I have always liked the fastbacks. Not a ford fan though.
Your cuda is nice too. I have to agree with the wheel choice also. Wheels make the car!

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008 - 12:29:56 PM »
It's the same way here in Norway.. My brother gets much more comments on his Mustang than I get on my 'Cuda. In my hometown I get "Are you the guy with the Mustang" 10 folt the times somebody ask me if own "the green one" hehe, We're twins. But when you meet car people who understand what it is, it's another story. We were attending the Hot August Nights car show this summer, and when we entered the area, the guy directing the cars to where they could park, he sendt my brother with the other 100 mustangs, and when I came, he said "Wow! this thing is going to the front row!"  :rofl:
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008 - 12:36:21 PM »
Ralley wheels (15x7 & 15x8s) are the next plan of action once I figure out how to make them work with the huge 5/8 studs on the back which with over 500 flywheel horsepower and occasional track duty I feel are a must. Plus I have plans to add a hairdryer or two in the very near future!! My hayday was back in early to mid 90s so the welds actually look good to me and I feel it gives it a certain badass look to it which it has the nuts to back it up! I'd like the ralleys for the sleeper look.
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008 - 02:41:20 PM »
Ralley wheels (15x7 & 15x8s) are the next plan of action once I figure out how to make them work with the huge 5/8 studs on the back which with over 500 flywheel horsepower and occasional track duty I feel are a must. Plus I have plans to add a hairdryer or two in the very near future!! My hayday was back in early to mid 90s so the welds actually look good to me and I feel it gives it a certain badass look to it which it has the nuts to back it up! I'd like the ralleys for the sleeper look.

Getting a bit off-topic, but how come no one likes Magnum 500s? 

like these:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220332610873&_trksid=p2759.l1259

I think some 15x8, 15x10 Magnums (http://www.trudesignwheel.net/magnum.html makes 10" wide ones) look awesome!

EVERYONE has Rallyes!

I like your Welds BTW.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008 - 02:53:21 PM by ragtopchally »
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008 - 04:03:11 PM »
Well, right back ON topic, Magnums are actually the Ford term for those wheels. I think "road wheel" is the Mopar term, but correct me if I'm wrong.

My opinion has always been that rallyes are an e-body wheel, while "magnums" look better on b-bodies.

Steve
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Husker Cuda

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008 - 04:14:26 PM »
I put the road wheels on mine, I like ralleys but the road wheels look bad ass in my opinion.  I'll take a 'Cuda over any ford any day of the week.  But I've had people come up to me that grew up in the 60-70 era who didn't know what a Cuda was?   :banghead:
1974 'Cuda 512 stroker 650HP Indy heads, Hemi 4 speed, pistol grip - restored to new.
1970 GTX 440/727 Y4 Gold w/ black interior
1969 Camaro SS 396 4-speed X22
1970 Chevelle SS 396 - 375HP M22 4 speed

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008 - 04:51:03 PM »
I too would take a Cuda over a Rustang ANYDAY!!!!! 

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008 - 01:23:24 AM »
Figure how many Mustangs there are to Barracudas. MANY MANY more people have Mustang experiences in their lives than Mopar. They relate more. Nothing wrong with it, I personally enjoy my Barracuda. Thumbs up and horn honking is just an added bonus.
Oh yeah, and on the subject of horn honking and thumbs ups, I don't recall ever getting any in my mustang (thought I thought it looked ok), but I would get comments and thumbs ups all the time driving the cuda in it's multicolored, bare metal and primer configuration (maybe that's just a california thing??)
 :dunno:
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008 - 03:57:08 PM »
Oh yeah, and on the subject of horn honking and thumbs ups, I don't recall ever getting any in my mustang (thought I thought it looked ok), but I would get comments and thumbs ups all the time driving the cuda in it's multicolored, bare metal and primer configuration (maybe that's just a california thing??)
 :dunno:

:clueless: In your second pic, with the newer wheels, I've seen a mustang that looks pretty much like that on craigslist with a newer 5.0 engine/tranny.  Was this yours?

Dave, you car looks wicked cool!  :thumbsup:  Hard to tell what people like and all, people have varied tastes.  Like the others have said, Mustangs have been around and known more to people that the E-bodies.

Mustangs are nice cars but IMO your friends car is really nice becaise of the GT-350 scheme.  (Is it a real GT-350????)  There is real race history behind those cars, even the the GT-350  name has a certain meaning to it as goofy as it is (I think when they were thinging up names, the used the distance between buildings, 350 feet, to be in the name.  :screwy: )  It is a nice car that he has.  :grinyes:  I think John Voit drove a Shelby Mustang in the movie "Coming Home".  It had hand controls as he was a paraplegic from the war.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008 - 04:04:02 PM »
my  :2cents:

a lot of people have poor judgement or knowledge of what is really cool.
For example: Rap music.
Lol, I totally agree on that one.  :clapping:
Your Cuda is way cooler dude. Don't feel bad.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST