Author Topic: I dont understand!!!  (Read 6277 times)

Alice

Re: I dont understand!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008 - 06:46:18 PM »
Why do people get hung up on how many people ogle over their cars? I'd rather roll with someone who get all the attention so I don't hafta answer stupid questions.
IMHO a mustang fastback is a better looking car than an e-body anyways

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008 - 07:48:24 PM »
Why do people get hung up on how many people ogle over their cars? I'd rather roll with someone who get all the attention so I don't hafta answer stupid questions.

Awww, you did not just say that in here. Cookie...get a rope!
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008 - 07:55:43 PM »

:roflsmiley:

MOPAR, if i have to explain it, then I'm just wasting my time. You either have good taste, or you don't.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008 - 08:08:22 PM »
Where did Alice in Wonderland come from?  :smokin:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008 - 08:39:21 PM »
:clueless: In your second pic, with the newer wheels, I've seen a mustang that looks pretty much like that on craigslist with a newer 5.0 engine/tranny.  Was this yours?
post the link. I never have seen anyone else run those wheels on an early one, and considering what I had to do to make them work, I understand why. It did have a 5.0 in it
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008 - 08:42:04 PM by ntstlgl1970 »
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2008 - 08:44:58 PM »
Dontcha know that is the whole reason for owning these cars - the ogling!  ::)

Seriously though, if you own an E-Body (or any Mopar for that matter) you're going to get asked stupid questions.

Dude! Nice Charger ::)
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Alice

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:07:20 PM »
Dontcha know that is the whole reason for owning these cars - the ogling!  ::)

Seriously though, if you own an E-Body (or any Mopar for that matter) you're going to get asked stupid questions.

Dude! Nice Charger ::)

I miss the days when you were looked down upon for owning a mopar. I've owned my 72 for 22 years now. It's a shame all the nut swingers took their eyes off Camaros and jumped to the mopar band wagon.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:15:11 PM »
good thing for us those that jumped on the bandwagon now are bailing cause they can't recoup thier investment, so maybe car prices will come down....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:17:25 PM »
Hey I know you Alice  :swaying:  Or is it DG? I still check in from time to time at Moparnuts. I guess your hubby got his Challenger finished?  It looks great from the pic you have as a sig.  :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008 - 09:19:03 PM by bb71challenger »
*Brett*

Alice

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:22:09 PM »
Hey I know you Alice  :swaying:  I still check in from time to time at Moparnuts. I guess your hubby got his Challenger finished?  It looks great from the pic you have as a sig.  :2thumbs:

I'm am the hubby. Not finished yet, re-wiring the car and undecided what direction I want to go with it.

Alice

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:23:51 PM »
good thing for us those that jumped on the bandwagon now are bailing cause they can't recoup thier investment, so maybe car prices will come down....

God willing! I miss the days of driving to the local trailer park and plunking down $200  and driving away with an E-body.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008 - 09:39:09 PM »
Heya pigpen. I hear you on the market coming back to earth. I truly hope the bottom falls all the way out, I dont have Mopars because they are an investment, I have them because I love'm. Just thinking about all the good deals I let get away because I always thought they would be cheap is just depressing.
*Brett*

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008 - 10:07:32 PM »
post the link. I never have seen anyone else run those wheels on an early one, and considering what I had to do to make them work, I understand why. It did have a 5.0 in it

Of course when I go to find it, the listing isn't there....  :bricks1:

From what I remember, it had 4 wheel disc brakes, 90's style 5.0 Mustang engine, 5 speed tranny, possilble mention that it was a roller cam engine ( I think they were all roller engines at that point...).  There was something "Cobra" about it, maybe the intake?  The pic was taken in front of a barn or something from what I remember.  It was a '65-'66 red coupe, exact same wheels.  I've seen it on craigslist twice, most recently maybe a month ago?  :clueless:  I thought that the owner did some nice mods and was surprised that it did not sell the first time, perhaps because it was no longer original?  I dunno....  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008 - 10:35:05 PM »
Mine was an AOD with just front discs but that doesn't mean someone could have changed it. The interior was red carpet, a black late model shifter and recaro seats. It was an 89 5.0 with a different cam and a whole bunch of chassis and transmission upgrades. I'd be surprised if it was the same car, aren't you on the east coast? Anything is possible though.

sorry I posted mustang pics, that was lame of me
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008 - 01:27:38 AM by ntstlgl1970 »

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008 - 12:27:22 AM »

:clueless: I'm wondering if I should be offended by you or not. Sure I like the fact people take interest in my car. I take great pride in it and spend countless hours maintaining it . Also I'm not one of the band wagon people that bought a Cuda because it was popular. There has been a Cuda in my family since 1972 the same year I was born and is why I own one today. The first car I ever drove was a 72 Cuda at the age of 12. For the money I spent on mine I could have 2 mustang fastbacks. I was wondering what the fasination was all about.
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!