Author Topic: I dont understand!!!  (Read 6270 times)

Alice

Re: I dont understand!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008 - 05:00:43 PM »
I also take great pride in my cars, I built every one of them from the ground up.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008 - 05:08:16 PM »
With todays prices, I'd say most of us here are building our own cars.

I love the fb mustangs in mid 60's, as with lots of other muscle cars. I just prefer to own Mopar as my #1 choice

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008 - 06:04:01 PM »
my  :2cents:

a lot of people have poor judgement or knowledge of what is really cool.
For example: Rap music.
i couldnt agree more lol
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline ladman

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008 - 06:42:54 PM »
Why do people get hung up on how many people ogle over their cars? I'd rather roll with someone who get all the attention so I don't hafta answer stupid questions.
IMHO a mustang fastback is a better looking car than an e-body anyways

Your creeper's been a little too close to the end of the exhaust pipe.   :roflsmiley: 
'73 'Cuda Pro Street

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008 - 07:57:41 PM »
just 2 more cents, from 64 1/2 thru 66 ford built over a million mustangs,that might be why people like them so much ,cause they knew someone, or had one or, did some thing special in them,there are a more popular car period.and i like rap music too! :stirpot: :2cents:

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008 - 08:03:34 PM »
i couldnt agree more lol

No kidding! I can't believe that every kid in school listens to rap! What happened? Its ridiculous.

As far as the mustang, nobody knows what a challenger/cuda is. Most of the time when I tell people I have a challenger they say think I mean a new one. If it wasn't for that they would have no idea what I was talking about.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008 - 08:52:21 PM »
yea most times i tell peaple i own a cuda and there like aint that like a charger?? they dont know but if you say mustang every one in the room starts telling storys about there old stang or there dads old stang every body knows what a mustang is!!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008 - 09:05:04 PM »
IMO...........most folks  know what a Mustang is and is so easily recognized as one.   Since our E bodies were short lived..........they present a problem to most folks as they do not generate an immediate brain responce as.............OH......THAT IS A GREAT LOOKING CUDA ..........OR  ..........CHALLENGER.    Some folks do not even know what they are as they are too young anyway.        BUT WE KNOW DON'T WE............  Consider us the lucky ones...................... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ps........the stang does look good too............
Dave or David

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008 - 09:06:14 PM »
If I pulled up in a Marlin, some would say good looking charger :bigsmile:

Offline ladman

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2008 - 06:49:27 AM »
yea most times i tell peaple i own a cuda and there like aint that like a charger?? they dont know but if you say mustang every one in the room starts telling storys about there old stang or there dads old stang every body knows what a mustang is!!

That surprises me.  Although, if you're a little younger, that may be the case.  I'm 58 and I have no problem with anyone past 30 recognizing a 'Cuda or Challenger.  They may get those two mixed up, but they do recognize it as a Mopar.  Here in NC, when I go to a car show there are a few Mopars, but dozens of Mustangs, Camaros and Chevelles.  That's the reason I switched from Chevys to Mopars, because I wanted to be part of the "rarity" thing.  Invariably I always get a comment at a cruise or car show that "you don't see many of those" or "is that a Hemi?".  I love it. 
'73 'Cuda Pro Street

Alice

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2008 - 09:20:21 AM »
Your creeper's been a little too close to the end of the exhaust pipe.   :roflsmiley: 

By 1966 Ford sold 1,288,557 mustangs while Plymouth sold 126,068 barracudas. I guess my creeper isn't the only one to close to a tail pipe. Now lets get to 1970, don't they look very similar to last years GM F body? Similar enough that while filming vanishing point one was used to plow up into a pair of bulldozers and nobody noticed until the facts were release about the movie?

LOL I'm just tugging some chains, This must be where the sensitive mopars hang out!

Offline ladman

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2008 - 09:50:45 AM »
By 1966 Ford sold 1,288,557 mustangs while Plymouth sold 126,068 barracudas. I guess my creeper isn't the only one to close to a tail pipe. Now lets get to 1970, don't they look very similar to last years GM F body? Similar enough that while filming vanishing point one was used to plow up into a pair of bulldozers and nobody noticed until the facts were release about the movie?

LOL I'm just tugging some chains, This must be where the sensitive mopars hang out!

Alice, I was just joking.  It's all good.  Happy Holidays!
'73 'Cuda Pro Street

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2008 - 09:52:30 AM »
That's exactly the problem with the early Stangs...they are belly-button cars...everyone has one  :smilielol:  I'm a diehard Mopar guy, but I wouldn't kick a 69 or 70 Mach 1 out of the garage that's for sure.  :burnout:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Alice

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2008 - 10:12:18 AM »
Alice, I was just joking.  It's all good.  Happy Holidays!

No you weren't! You were serious! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*runs to bedroom...slams door...........cry's uncontrollably*

:smilielol:

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2008 - 05:15:39 PM »
If I pulled up in a Marlin, some would say good looking charger :bigsmile:

Definitely very similar to the first two years of the Charger. I know where a couple of Marlins are in our area.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008 - 05:20:03 PM by Bearcuda »
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST