Author Topic: April HELP!!!  (Read 976 times)

nivvy

April HELP!!!
« on: December 20, 2008 - 05:42:19 PM »
Well tell me what you know about the papillion breed....... any links would be helpful.... its a male

Got it for the daughter for Xmas.....  :faint:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: April HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008 - 05:44:20 PM »
Looking at the pictures, you got the one legged and 3 legged version. They also come with 4 legs.   Jason, that's a fine dog there :2thumbs:  Going to make someone very happy

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008 - 06:56:46 PM »
That's a cute doggy! So how are you hiding it till Christmas?? I hope it's not in the trunk!! :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008 - 08:45:05 PM »
Hi Jason, congrats on your new addition to your family.  I like the breed even though I prefer large dogs.  They seem to have a very strong personality and can be very possesive of their people and should be socialized while young.  I think puppy classes are a very important tool, especially for stong willed pups like the Papillon.  They are great with children, but be sure to have your daughter's friends over to meet the dog so the pup doesn't become possesive of her.  Try to expose him to all sorts of situations, and try to do so before the socialization window closes around 16 weeks of age.  They are very impressionable at this time, so now is the time to do it!  If you have any questions at all please ask.  Did you get your pup from a breeder or a pet store?  Aslo, remember this when you have him neutered "Papillons are among the more anesthetic-sensitive breeds, and owners should always discuss this with their veterinarians before scheduling surgery or dental procedures. Use of the newer safer (albeit more expensive) anesthetics such as isoflurane is strongly recommended." (quoted from Papillon Club of America website)

Here are some links to get you started.

http://www.papillonclub.org/indexmain.htm

http://www.akc.org/breeds/papillon/index.cfm

http://www.showpaps.com/FAQ.htm

Best of luck to you!  I am sure you will be having tons of fun soon!!!  Now, can you get me a Malamute puppy for Christmas, cause my husband won't...  :walkaway:

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008 - 08:53:08 AM »
 :eek7:

Damn - April's smart.  :)

Hey April - what's the chea.... ...what's the most "economically sound" way to get a German Shepherd?  I've always wanted a Shepherd, but I know they're sooooooo expensive...  I want a really good, smart dog to just sorta act as security and enforcement for when I get a house, and a garage which I'll probably be working at late into the night on many occassions.

Thoughts?

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008 - 09:51:30 AM »
That is a very nice dog, StRoKer!  Papillions are very energitic!  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline common 27

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008 - 10:52:59 AM »
Looking at the pictures, you got the one legged and 3 legged version. They also come with 4 legs.   Jason, that's a fine dog there :2thumbs:  Going to make someone very happy
   That made my day, :roflsmiley:     
1970  Challenger Convertible   1968 Satellite Convertible

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008 - 04:11:51 PM »
thats a very cute dog! my jack russell had puppys we are keeping one for my little boy this is trentons new puppy shiloh! oh btw thats marker on trents hand he like drawing on everything (kinda looks like blood) lol
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008 - 07:31:46 PM »

Hey April - what's the chea.... ...what's the most "economically sound" way to get a German Shepherd?  I've always wanted a Shepherd, but I know they're sooooooo expensive...  I want a really good, smart dog to just sorta act as security and enforcement for when I get a house, and a garage which I'll probably be working at late into the night on many occassions.

Thoughts?

Jeff

You can contact a German Shepherd Rescue Group.  Here are some links for ones that may adopt out to your area.

http://www.gsr-sp.com/

http://www.magsr.org/

http://adopt-a-german-shepherd.adoptapet.com/

I know a lot of people prefer puppies and are afraid to adopt an older dog, but there are many reasons a rescue can be better than a puppy.

*The rescue group fosters the dog and learns all about the dogs likes, dislikes, and personality.
*The rescue group will not adopt a dog to a family that is not a good match for the dog.
*Rescues will not adopt a dog out to a family until they are certian it is healthy and not aggressive.
*Rescue dogs will appreciate you more than a puppy will, as they have usually had a hard life.

You will still have to pay for a rescue, but what you pay goes to the dogs.  Many people spend thousands of their own dollars per year when they foster these pets (which includes healthcare, training, feeding, etc). The small donation the rescue asks for helps to offset these costs.  If you have any questions let me know.

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008 - 07:46:04 PM »
Lookes like a nice chew toy for my doggies..... :naughty:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008 - 09:35:04 PM »

Thoughts?

Jeff

Jeff,

April would probably know more on this than I but from what I understand, German Shepards are a breed commonly known for having hip displacia.  It's something to keep in mind if and when you do go puppy shopping.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008 - 09:45:33 PM »
 for anyone looking for a pet, CC member 69coronetrt volunteers with animal rescue.  ;)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008 - 09:56:04 PM »
I've got my own problems.......  :pullinghair:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!