Author Topic: Bad luck continues  (Read 1569 times)

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
Bad luck continues
« on: December 22, 2008 - 11:35:17 PM »
Well, stopped at Walmart to get son aX-mas gift and had my 04 Chev 4x4 Silverado stolen. Just filled gas tank and bought new tires, but the biggest tick off was I lost x-mas presents i had in the cab. I was in the store 8 minutes. I probably lost 1k of stuff in the truck .

Last Saturday my brother and I were in his truck he just bought thursday to pick up pizzas for the kids. The pizza guy gave our pizzas away by mistake so while we were waiting a bobcat skid tractor put his bucket into my brothers new truck box.
If not for bad luck I would have no luck at all.  :violin:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: Bad luck continues
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008 - 11:39:19 PM »
Sorry to hear what you are going through.  I have had cars stolen also when mine was taken I had all of my laundry in it.  I was at the hospital one time when my son was sick and got my stereo stolen.  So kind of know what you are going through.  I hope it get better for you soon.  Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008 - 11:47:06 PM »
Oh man, I am so sorry, that really sucks.  :villagers:  Keep us posted, I hope the piece of crap gets caught!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008 - 11:47:45 PM »
So sorry to hear this. I have never had the misfortune of having a car stolen, I would be highly pissed. I hope the cops find the dirt bags before they trash your truck or do anything with your presents.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline LAA66

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008 - 11:55:39 PM »
 That's a shame. Hope you find your truck and the  family gifts.  :walkaway:

How can someone steal a newer truck like that? Was the key left in it? Sorry just curios, I have an 04 Sierra 4x. :sadwavey:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008 - 12:02:30 AM »
Wow sorry to hear about your bad luck.  I hope they catch them too.  Man I hate a thief.   :swear:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008 - 12:52:50 AM »
what did they do flat deck it out ?
no Onstar to locate it ?
Man That Bites

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008 - 01:10:51 AM »
So you have that problem up North??
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008 - 01:13:53 AM »
Cheer up my man. :bigsmile: As frustrating as it is at this moment, I know that they will get theirs. I have personally witnessed "What goes around comes around" and it picks up momentum on the backside. Him or they will have a very long, very unsavory amount of ****e bestowed upon them. Karma is a *****, but when you are good people you need not worry. There is always an upside. It wasn't the Chally. :2thumbs:

Kevin
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008 - 09:34:05 AM »
Thanks for the support everyone........Here in our town we get upto 50 stolen cars aday. Justice system just keeps releasing them and the old day beatings the car thieves used to get are long gone. GM representatives did not believe their cars were getting stolen with the pass 2 and 3 deterent systems, so a thief showed them how in 2 minutes. They punch out the door lock, cut the clubs off the steering wheels in minutes and can have a truck started in less than two minutes. Immobilzers are mandatory for some vehicles but have also casued electrical nightmares on some vehicles they were installed in.
On the brighter side, police recoverd my truck as a passerby noticed them throwing our car seat out the window and reported it. Three yuths were arrested. I do no tknow the extent of the damage as of yet, but am happy they found it.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008 - 09:36:52 AM »
Thats great to hear they were caught. Hope you get your stuff back.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008 - 09:48:22 AM »
Let the lynching begin!!!!   :swear: :villagers: :stomp:

There've been a number of Vipers stolen over on the Viper forum - one was a MINT condition Team Oreca replica - nearly completely priceless.  Guy stole it and not even 45 minutes later wrecked it into a ditch.  Of course, it hadn't been reported stolen, so after they cut him out of it, gave him a ticket for leaving the roadway and let him go on his merry way...  The owner is going through HELL trying to get the guy prosecuted.  Of course, they can't even prove he stole it, so they can only charge him with possession of stolen property - not actually STEALING it...

Of course, members on the board are pretty suggesting to murder the guy.  That's a little far-fetched, IMO, but there needs to be stricter penalties for this stuff.  We're slapping thieves on the wrist and lettin' 'em go.  They need to spend serious time in prison - let 'em become someone else's boyfriend - to deter others from following suit.

Our system is so unbelievably broken.  It's a travesty.   :walkaway:

I'm very glad your vehicle was found.  I wish you the best in resolving the issue and hope that the thieves get what is coming to them.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008 - 12:46:39 PM »
Three youths were arrested does not mean a thing anymore. I bet they are released before you get your truck back. If they do go to court they won't get anything for it. This is what our country has come to. They will have way more rights than you do. Glad you are getting the truck back though. Now your insurance will go up because they will have to pay for the repairs instead of the *ssholes that took it.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008 - 01:25:51 PM »
All this is why I drive a beater and never let my Chally out of my site when I take it out.  :grinyes:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008 - 03:07:48 PM »
I didn't realize newer vehicles were so easy to be stolen.

How do they do it?  Just pop out the ignition switch and re-wire?  Or do they have a master "key"?
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO