Author Topic: Times seem to be getting bad  (Read 11986 times)

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
Re: Times seem to be getting bad
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008 - 04:21:36 PM »
What's w/all the political bashing going on here? :stomp:

The post was about a good guy helping out a friend who has come under hard times.

Ummmmmmm, good point. I hope your friend sees better times soon!

It appears many of us are very frustrated and this looked like a good place to vent.  :(
Sorry if we hijacked your post.

Steve
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008 - 06:38:05 PM »
Ummmmmmm, good point. I hope your friend sees better times soon!

It appears many of us are very frustrated and this looked like a good place to vent.  :(
Sorry if we hijacked your post.

Steve

Uh its not his thread, but it did get off track.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008 - 07:28:10 PM »
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008 - 07:50:36 PM »
Long as you guys dont start shooting guns at each other...go ahead and vent.  We have all been uptight, upset and **** on for years with what's been going on.   Keep it level and post away. All eyes are reading this

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2008 - 10:07:50 PM »
A BIT OFF TOPIC I KNOW BUT OUR MEDICAL SYSTEM PROB COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE WORLD IS REALY DAMN GOOD, IF YOUR SICK YOURE FIXED ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE , IF ITS NOT LIFE THREATENING  YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE ON SURGERY,YOU CAN GO TO THE DOCTOR , MOST BULK BILL WHICH MEANS THEY CHARGE IT COMPLETELY TO THE GOVT, SOME YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DOCS BILL AND THE GOVT REBATE ( ONLY A FEW DOLLARS USUALLY ), IF YOU TAKE OUT AMBULANCE SUBSCRIPTION ( COSTS AROUND 80 AUST DOLLARS ) A YEAR COVERS YOU AUST WIDE INC AIR AMBULANCE ETC ALL COSTS. AS I SAID ITS NOT A PERFECT SYSTEM BUT UNLIKE THE US SYSTEM I BELIEVE ,WE WILL GET TREATED STRAIGHT AWAY REGARDLESS WHETHER WE HAVE MONEY OR INSURANCE OR ANYTHING , SO LONG AS YOUR AUST YOU GET TREATED.I BELIEVE ITS A FAIR SYSTEM WHERE THE RICH PAY MORE , THE POOR PAY LITTLE , THE MIDDLE CLASS PAY MEDIUM.,EEVERYONE PAYS SO IN THE END ITS FAIR.

do you know your keyboard has "Caps Lock" button? use it next time, please

wonder why theese forums don't have Caps filter
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2008 - 10:12:28 PM »

Oz is cool, he's a screamer though
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2008 - 10:31:50 PM »
Oh really?   Thats the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Lots of people work in the private sector with a contract, it's a called a union. And there are plenty more in non-union jobs who manage to keep their jobs and don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Put your head back into the sand...blame the evil LIBERAL media for all the problems the past administration drove this country into, 8 years of screwing everything up and it's all the medias fault.....too funny. Bush Jr will go down in history as one of the WORST presidents ever...totally incompetent moron.

just my :2cents:but there are 550 other idiotic notheads on capital hill.dems,repubs and independents that have been m.i.a. for the past 8yrs.playing party politics instead of doing what the people elected them to do.the pres no matter who he is is just like a coach.he either gets all the credit or all the blame.it's time for everybody to stop being a registered this or that and be first and foremost AMERICANS.abolish political parties and then see what could be accomplished. like i said.my  :2cents:

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2008 - 10:49:42 PM »
The lack of available credit and the collapse of the housing market affects everyone in a negative way.  It's all right on Youtube. The cause of the financial meltdown is there for everyone to see, in their own words. Those who were sounding the sirens and those who were adament that nothing was wrong. 

Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline lumpy

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2008 - 11:14:27 PM »
Hey OZ, Things might be good over there, with your govt. running the healthcare, but remember, we are talking about the US Govt. and they always seem to screw things up. I would imagine our "free" healthcare would be more like what they have in Canada. I'm glad that it is working for your country, but  you have seen how our elected officials have responded to the current crisis, and it ain't good. I know that most of us have seen hard times like this before, it will get better it always does. You can start worrying if Wal-Mart starts closing stores and laying off people. Here's a funny vid about it all.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2008 - 11:50:07 PM »
I was in line at the Shop Rite the other day and a remarkable thing happened. Both people in front of me actually paid with CASH.

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2008 - 02:08:13 AM »

I HAVE HAD PEOPLE HAVE A GO AT ME BEFORE ABOUT THIS. THE ANSWER IS VERY SIPML;E FOR , I HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLE DISTINGUISHING LETTERS AND WORDS / READING SO I TYPE IN CAPITALS SO I CAN REREAD WHAT I TYPE SO IT MAKE SOME SORT OF SENSETO OTHER MEMBERS ON THE FORUM.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2008 - 02:12:46 AM »
Hey OZ, Things might be good over there, with your govt. running the healthcare, but remember, we are talking about the US Govt. and they always seem to screw things up. I would imagine our "free" healthcare would be more like what they have in Canada. I'm glad that it is working for your country, but  you have seen how our elected officials have responded to the current crisis, and it ain't good. I know that most of us have seen hard times like this before, it will get better it always does. You can start worrying if Wal-Mart starts closing stores and laying off people. Here's a funny vid about it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmcf4Y3lGM

MOST AUSSIES DONT REALLY HEAR ALOT ABOUT THE US DRAMS , ITS ONLY LATELY THATS ITS HIT THE NEWS OVER HERE REALLY, THE RECESSION HASNT HIT HERE , AND MOST THINK IT WILL BE VERY SLIGHT AT WORST. WE HAD A REAL BAD RECESSION IN 1989/90 SO MOST OF US CAN SYMPATHISE WITH YOU GUYS. SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC BUT I THGINK THE WORST THING YOUR GOVT DID TO YOU GUYS WAS THE CYCLONR KATRINA/NEW ORLEANS DISASTER . THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWFUL TO SEE ON  THE TELE, ALL THOSE POOR PEOPLE AND THE GOVT DID NOTHING.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2008 - 02:54:13 AM »
I'm sure that is the perception overseas where they hate Bush anyway. The truth is everybody that lived there was aware that the city was below sea level and a monster storm was bearing down on the city, Unless they were locked in a closet. The Governor and Mayor had the option, actually had the responsibility, of physically removing the people that refused to leave after they were told to evacuate, but much like the people who lived there they underestimated the size of the storm and ignored all the warnings until it was too late. When it ended in total disaster, then it was all Bush's fault. Ever see this picture of all the school buses that sat parked while the flood happened? There were also 364 New Orleans Regional Transit Authority buses that were left in the flood. Trains also left with empty seats. So, who's really to blame?

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2008 - 03:00:30 AM »

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2008 - 05:06:34 AM »
UNREAL.................