Author Topic: Times seem to be getting bad  (Read 11998 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: Times seem to be getting bad
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:17:55 PM »
Bums in the private sector don't have jobs very long.  :grinno: They don't have tenure or a contract.

And I'm wrong about the Media. They didn't barrage the country non stop before the election with negativity about the war and then the economy and blame it all on Bush and Obama didn't say "The Bush Economy" about 10,000 times during his campaign. It wasn't Carter and Clinton with their community reinvestment act and amendments in the mid 90's that lowered the standards and pressured the banks to give out all the sub-prime loans without even a down payment or income verification that caused the financial crisis, it was all Bush's fault. Think I got it straight now  :thumbsup:

Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

tinfish360

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:34:24 PM »

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:46:22 PM »
They didn't barrage the country non stop before the election with negativity about the war and then the economy and blame it all on Bush and Obama didn't say "The Bush Economy" about 10,000 times during his campaign. It wasn't Carter and Clinton with their community reinvestment act and amendments in the mid 90's that lowered the standards and pressured the banks to give out all the sub-prime loans without even a down payment or income verification that caused the financial crisis, it was all Bush's fault. Think I got it straight now  :thumbsup:

Preach it Brotha. I find it hilarious that Barney Frank was saying there was a lynch mob going after Fannie and Freddie B4 the bubble popped when the Administration wanted to clamp down.
Dodd, Frank, Bill Boy, and all the joker ultra Libs that were all for the CRA are all to blame for the Big 3 going down and alot of the economy.
Think about it. You got bumsgetting houses through the CRA, you got the CRA pressuring banks to make risky loans, risky loans cause banks to fold, banks fold, people can't get consumer loans because the banks are tightening the purse strings.

The ultra libs favorite constituents, Unions, used bully tactics when negotiating with auto makers. Auto makers didn't see past thier noses and wanted to get plants up quickly after strikes. This caused them to have a very thin profit of margin and when the banks are down and won't give loans, the Big 3 hurt bad because as it was they wee living car sale to car sale.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:37:06 PM »
Bums in the private sector don't have jobs very long.  :grinno: They don't have tenure or a contract'

Oh really?   Thats the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard. Lots of people work in the private sector with a contract, it's a called a union. And there are plenty more in non-union jobs who manage to keep their jobs and don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Put your head back into the sand...blame the evil LIBERAL media for all the problems the past administation drove this country into, 8 years of screwing everything up and it's all the medias fault.....too funny. Bush Jr will go down in history as one of the WORST presidents ever...totally incompetent moron.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:44:45 PM »
Uh to play devils advocate here the economy didnt tank until the liberals got control of Congress 2 years ago  :poopoke:   :stirpot:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:48:51 PM »
 :bigsmile: :faint: :rofl:     I still have a job. If I can help anyone just let me know :2thumbs:   Lots of things are involved about the economy. I can't piss n moan about the past, but maybe help to the interst of the future.
Has my thread gone political   lol

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:52:29 PM »
lol I will stop Al. I am with you, we have to roll up our sleeves and get to work like our grandfathers (jeez and great grandfathers I guess) did during the Great Depression. I am willing to give the new administration a fair shake. They hold all the cards, should be able to get plenty done, hell they have voted themselves a raise already so thats a start.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008 - 11:23:41 PM »
Bums in the private sector don't have jobs very long.  :grinno: They don't have tenure or a contract.

It's always amazed me the amount of former business owners (who couldn't cut it) end up with a job at city hall! Over the years I've meet dozens of them. And then we wonder why the goverment is so screwy??  :faint:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline priderocks

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008 - 11:36:33 PM »
Yeah, it's commonly thought building inspectors are guys who could never make it in the trades.

I counsel all my kids to get government jobs. Makes life a heck of a lot easier IF you have the mentality to put up with gross waste, incompetence, indifference to the public, etc. My friends sister was an electrical engineer with CALTRANS. There were 175 engineers in her department. She said she could have easily accomplished the workload with 40 people. My neighbor is an engineer with the county flood control district. We live in a desert, for Pete's sake. The only thing I ever hear him talk about doing at work is playing Quake. I'm sure you've got your own stories.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2008 - 12:21:31 AM »
Put your head back into the sand...blame the evil LIBERAL media for all the problems the past administation drove this country into, 8 years of screwing everything up and it's all the medias fault.....too funny. Bush Jr will go down in history as one of the WORST presidents ever...totally incompetent moron.

Please be specific. What exactly did he do to burst the housing bubble and tank the economy? How did he make the domestic automakers lose so much market share the last 30 years and how did he put almost every state in the red EXCEPT those that produce energy?  :popcorn:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2008 - 12:35:55 AM »
All I know is where I live, all the richie rich's that I have built homes for in the past, now can't or won't afford to build any more homes.  I have been shut down on 8 homes for the next year.  I havn't had any real work for a month now.  Not even the locals are doing any remodeling whatsoever.  The construction world in Colorado has fallen on it's face.  Seems all the out of towners are afraid to build their two weeks a year vacation homes now.  It has hit me and many of the people that I know hard.  We are struggeling up here.  On the bright side, I am trying to get in on a 600 home deal with a multi millionaire that is coming up some time this year. 
  To top it off, my father got his toe amputated and my brother in law has leuchemia @  25 years old.  My sister is pregnant and they can't sell their home as noone is purchasing anything in Colorado. 
  Will this year ever stop? 

I feel all the government let us down.  We put all our eggs in their baskets and they just scramble them up and eat em.  Doesn't matter which side you are on, they all screwed us and seem to still be doing so.  How about some more raises for everybody!!  Woo Hoo!! 

Sorry, probably a little too much information, but the thread name asked the question. Times are definitely getting hard lately.  Oh well, I suppose God always has a plan right? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2008 - 12:45:30 AM »
I am ready for the new year to start also.  I hope that next year goes a lot better than this has.  I hope everyone will be able to live there dreams.  I hope that it goes better for all.  Not getting into anything political for sure.  Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008 - 12:58:48 AM »
With thousands of empty houses because of foreclosures I don't expect the housing industry to rebound for years, maybe a decade. Just another minor unintended consequence of "Good Liberal intentions".   

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2008 - 01:21:52 AM »
What's w/all the political bashing going on here? :stomp:

The post was about a good guy helping out a friend who has come under hard times.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008 - 05:21:30 AM »
A BIT OFF TOPIC I KNOW BUT OUR MEDICAL SYSTEM PROB COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE WORLD IS REALY DAMN GOOD, IF YOUR SICK YOURE FIXED ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE , IF ITS NOT LIFE THREATENING  YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE ON SURGERY,YOU CAN GO TO THE DOCTOR , MOST BULK BILL WHICH MEANS THEY CHARGE IT COMPLETELY TO THE GOVT, SOME YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DOCS BILL AND THE GOVT REBATE ( ONLY A FEW DOLLARS USUALLY ), IF YOU TAKE OUT AMBULANCE SUBSCRIPTION ( COSTS AROUND 80 AUST DOLLARS ) A YEAR COVERS YOU AUST WIDE INC AIR AMBULANCE ETC ALL COSTS. AS I SAID ITS NOT A PERFECT SYSTEM BUT UNLIKE THE US SYSTEM I BELIEVE ,WE WILL GET TREATED STRAIGHT AWAY REGARDLESS WHETHER WE HAVE MONEY OR INSURANCE OR ANYTHING , SO LONG AS YOUR AUST YOU GET TREATED.I BELIEVE ITS A FAIR SYSTEM WHERE THE RICH PAY MORE , THE POOR PAY LITTLE , THE MIDDLE CLASS PAY MEDIUM.,EEVERYONE PAYS SO IN THE END ITS FAIR.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.