Times seem to be getting bad

Author Topic: Times seem to be getting bad  (Read 11969 times)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: Times seem to be getting bad
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2008 - 05:17:20 AM »
That was really too bad.  Dont think they planned on it being as bad as it was.  Dont think it was all of Bush's problem but he really did not do all he could have done.  In a part everyone was at fault on this one.  The mayor, gov, and presedent.  I agree more should have been done but hindsite is always 20/20.  We all could have done more......
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2008 - 06:17:14 AM »
I'm sure that is the perception overseas where they hate Bush anyway. The truth is everybody that lived there was aware that the city was below sea level and a monster storm was bearing down on the city, Unless they were locked in a closet. The Governor and Mayor had the option, actually had the responsibility, of physically removing the people that refused to leave after they were told to evacuate, but much like the people who lived there they underestimated the size of the storm and ignored all the warnings until it was too late. When it ended in total disaster, then it was all Bush's fault. Ever see this picture of all the school buses that sat parked while the flood happened? There were also 364 New Orleans Regional Transit Authority buses that were left in the flood. Trains also left with empty seats. So, who's really to blame?

You would make a good politician as you are great at putting your own spin on everything.Bush was obviuosly not to blame for the Katrina disaster but for the lack of/very slow repsonse by FEMA and US gov. aid to help those affected.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2008 - 06:44:05 AM »
DONT THINK I COULD EVER FORGET THE PICTURES OF THE CYCLONE DAMAGE AND THE PEOPLE STRANDED.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:03:51 AM »
You would make a good politician as you are great at putting your own spin on everything.Bush was obviuosly not to blame for the Katrina disaster but for the lack of/very slow repsonse by FEMA and US gov. aid to help those affected.

Most of that mess was the governor’s fault most people don’t understand that the federal government cannot help a state without the local governor asking for help. That includes the guard and fema. She didn’t order \ approve the buses to be used, because she didn’t want the people moved up north near her for fear they wouldn’t return or would bring the crime with them. Crazy, Stupid &^%$&
Rich people do not want to help people in poverty! They just host fundraisers for other to donate money in their name. 
SHE DID NOT DO HER JOB! However, it was easier to place blame on someone else. THANKS TO THE MEDIA.
Where is the media now nobody wants to help clean it up! They expect the government to just do it shame on them! What about aid from other countries, where is it. Oh let’s just ignore it there only poor people they will be quiet like they have been for 100’s of years.

Sorry to rant but it just steams me about that mess down there the whole deal was just wrong.
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:20:57 AM »
I THGINK THE WORST THING YOUR GOVT DID TO YOU GUYS WAS THE CYCLONR KATRINA/NEW ORLEANS DISASTER . THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWFUL TO SEE ON  THE TELE, ALL THOSE POOR PEOPLE AND THE GOVT DID NOTHING.

OK, OK. For one, I don't really think I should have to educate people on this but especially since a foreign person has the notion that people were left in the streets of New Orleans to drown, I think they need to be.

I live in a town that was completely crippled by Hurricane Katrina, about 35-45 minutes drive from NO, Bay St. Louis, MS. By scale, it was more damaged by Katrina than New Orleans. The surge here was 25-35 feet. There was wter over an overpass on I-10, miles from the coast. The town was a total loss.
The damage was unreal.

I was out of the country but my wife fled to San Diego.  There, she was put up in a hotel and given a Chase credit card by the government. There were New Orleans folks there too. I know for a FACT that everyone from New Orleans got a Chase Financial credit card within days. All people that evacuated got cards, everyone got cards. People got renting vouchers for hpomes much better than what they had before. People got FEMA purchased travel trailers to live in.

We, like many many others, got big checks from FEMA. I really wish I didn't have to tell how much we got but to prove to all the ignorants  out there I will to prove FEMA did good. Our first check was $2000, later on we got a $2500, also recieving $1000 and $1500 checks. We also got rental vouchers for my pregnant wife to stay in a $1200 a month Coronado, CA studio apartment for about 5 months.

We have gotten letters from FEMA and they were wanting to give us more money. I feel bad about getting so much in the first place so we decline it now but you know these New Orleans people still collect.

You should see New Orleans now. It made a quick recovery mostly because the majority of NO as NOT flooded. The district they call the 9th Ward was flooded and some suburbs that were mostly white were flooded. Alot was damaged, yes, but it wasn't a total loss like they would like you to believe.

I would invite you to come and see for yourself. Before Katrina, NO was like a third world country. The streets were wild, police corrupt, notoriously one of the most corrupt city governments in all of the US. Mayor Ray Naggin, I believe, was the man most responsible for the cluster fuch that happened there, Governor Landreau was also very slow to respond.

So you say FEMA was slow to respond. They were sitting on the outside of the city waiting to go in before the storm hit. It is a cities responsibility to use it's mass- transit system to evacuate citizens down here. They were there right away. They gave money and fooe, and shelter very quickly along with AmRedCross.

They helped out so much people have named thier fishing boats, FreEMA, seeing as they bought it with FEMA money.Down here, you will see a certain populace driving in Escalades and living in squalor. They use the FEMA money to but rides and jewlery for thier teeth rather than fixing up thier house that got 3 ft of water in it.

If I were America I lwould be pissed that the rest of the taxpayers are paying for all this stuff. I think FEMA has helped them plenty.

When you start giving people money for nothing expected in return, those people just want more and more. They like to ham it up for the camera and get all the bleeding hearts to feel sorry for them. Get your lips off of the Governments tit America.
The city should have done so much more, te state should have done more. I guess when you are so good at deflecting responsibility and shifting blame youcan get people to view history your way.

The camera loves misery and these people love money. It was a win/win for everyone in NO in my opinion.

As for my town, it is back going stong. Most houses were gutted and refurbished, thanks taxpayers, the infrastructure was rebuilt. The thing is, our city leaders didn't sit around and cry for money and help and got to work.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:27:55 AM »
What about aid from other countries, where is it.

How about that, the US is the most charitable country on earth and we get no respect. Reminds me of the Gov. being the one buying these fools gold teeth and they get no respect.

The media failed all you sheep on this one. Go ahead and believe Kanye West

Go ahead all you little Kanye's, hate the government.

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:49:54 AM »
OK, OK. For one, I don't really think I should have to educate people on this but especially since a foreign person has the notion that people were left in the streets of New Orleans to drown, I think they need to be.

I live in a town that was completely crippled by Hurricane Katrina, about 35-45 minutes drive from NO, Bay St. Louis, MS. By scale, it was more damaged by Katrina than New Orleans. The surge here was 25-35 feet. There was wter over an overpass on I-10, miles from the coast. The town was a total loss.
The damage was unreal.

I was out of the country but my wife fled to San Diego.  There, she was put up in a hotel and given a Chase credit card by the government. There were New Orleans folks there too. I know for a FACT that everyone from New Orleans got a Chase Financial credit card within days. All people that evacuated got cards, everyone got cards. People got renting vouchers for hpomes much better than what they had before. People got FEMA purchased travel trailers to live in.

We, like many many others, got big checks from FEMA. I really wish I didn't have to tell how much we got but to prove to all the ignorants  out there I will to prove FEMA did good. Our first check was $2000, later on we got a $2500, also recieving $1000 and $1500 checks. We also got rental vouchers for my pregnant wife to stay in a $1200 a month Coronado, CA studio apartment for about 5 months.

We have gotten letters from FEMA and they were wanting to give us more money. I feel bad about getting so much in the first place so we decline it now but you know these New Orleans people still collect.

You should see New Orleans now. It made a quick recovery mostly because the majority of NO as NOT flooded. The district they call the 9th Ward was flooded and some suburbs that were mostly white were flooded. Alot was damaged, yes, but it wasn't a total loss like they would like you to believe.

I would invite you to come and see for yourself. Before Katrina, NO was like a third world country. The streets were wild, police corrupt, notoriously one of the most corrupt city governments in all of the US. Mayor Ray Naggin, I believe, was the man most responsible for the cluster fuch that happened there, Governor Landreau was also very slow to respond.

So you say FEMA was slow to respond. They were sitting on the outside of the city waiting to go in before the storm hit. It is a cities responsibility to use it's mass- transit system to evacuate citizens down here. They were there right away. They gave money and fooe, and shelter very quickly along with AmRedCross.

They helped out so much people have named thier fishing boats, FreEMA, seeing as they bought it with FEMA money.Down here, you will see a certain populace driving in Escalades and living in squalor. They use the FEMA money to but rides and jewlery for thier teeth rather than fixing up thier house that got 3 ft of water in it.

If I were America I lwould be pissed that the rest of the taxpayers are paying for all this stuff. I think FEMA has helped them plenty.

When you start giving people money for nothing expected in return, those people just want more and more. They like to ham it up for the camera and get all the bleeding hearts to feel sorry for them. Get your lips off of the Governments tit America.
The city should have done so much more, te state should have done more. I guess when you are so good at deflecting responsibility and shifting blame youcan get people to view history your way.

The camera loves misery and these people love money. It was a win/win for everyone in NO in my opinion.

As for my town, it is back going stong. Most houses were gutted and refurbished, thanks taxpayers, the infrastructure was rebuilt. The thing is, our city leaders didn't sit around and cry for money and help and got to work.

About dang time time somebody told it how it was. My sister lives in Gulfport Ms. and it was also hit harder than NO, not as bad as Bay St. Louis, MS, you guys got slammed hard. But Ms went to work and with the help of FEMA they put their lifes back together. Their still rebuilding but you dont hear whining like you do from NO.

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2008 - 08:02:25 AM »

I HAVE HAD PEOPLE HAVE A GO AT ME BEFORE ABOUT THIS. THE ANSWER IS VERY SIPML;E FOR , I HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLE DISTINGUISHING LETTERS AND WORDS / READING SO I TYPE IN CAPITALS SO I CAN REREAD WHAT I TYPE SO IT MAKE SOME SORT OF SENSETO OTHER MEMBERS ON THE FORUM.

gotcha,you know,you can simply adjust your screen by pushing few buttons,or put glasses on ?
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008 - 08:06:50 AM »
Caps don't really bother me. I just read what's being typed.  Now long pages without paragraphs takes away the fun of reading to me.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008 - 08:10:28 AM »
Thanks Go-Fish...

:2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2008 - 08:44:47 AM »
When you start giving people money for nothing expected in return, those people just want more and more.

Oh just wait till after the 20th. Another round of "stimulus" ,ha what a joke,  some people actually believe that the "MAN" owes them something. And all will be peachy and fine with the incoming administration.  Even had one clown at safeway telling my wife that next year we wont need to use coupons at the grocery store because everyone will be so much better off financially. So tell me, where is all this money going to come from?  800 billion or so for infrastructue, new construction and all else thats proposed?? :clueless:  Even if it does happen there are only temporary jobs anyway and will end when the projects are completed.  Seems to me as I look back in history that the New Deal only made the depression longer and worse.  :stirpot:
I guess people actually have been brainwashed that this socalled "Change" is actually going to acomplish something.
Sorry for being so cynical but,,, I'm not a believer in this crap and I'm really hoping that the biased media will fall out of love with this guy as quickly as they fell in love with him, because, you just cant trust him... Therres still way to many unanswered questions surrounding this guy for me to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.   Just wait till Blagoyovich starts singing. Then I can say "Dont blame me, I didnt vote for him"
Enough of my ranting,  I hope everyone has a better 09.
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline back n black

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2008 - 09:20:26 AM »
Very interesting read Go-Fish...never heard that perspective before. 

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2008 - 12:25:55 PM »

gotcha,you know,you can simply adjust your screen by pushing few buttons,or put glasses on ?
About dang time time somebody told it how it was. My sister lives in Gulfport Ms. and it was also hit harder than NO, not as bad as Bay St. Louis, MS, you guys got slammed hard. But Ms went to work and with the help of FEMA they put their lifes back together. Their still rebuilding but you dont hear whining like you do from NO.

Then, we actually had an apartment on the beach in Long Beach, MS. (this is the coastal town between Gulfport where my base was and Bay St. Louis for all those who don't know) The apartment complex didn't even have slabs left.
The eye of the storm went over Bay St. Louis. The east side of the hurricane is always stronger and more damaging becaus eit rotates counter clockwise, this is the difference in a Typhoon (Pacific) and Hurricane (Atlantic).

Bay St. Louis is the last town basically in MS before you get to LA. All the towns on the coast of MS were hit much harder. Lake Ponchatrain got alot of rain and that was IT. They, NO,really didn't get the Cat 5 hurricane we got in MS. They got about cat 2 winds and rain. The Lake was over full and the levies that protect the cities failed.

Why am I telling you guys this? To try and get media attention to the Gulf Coast of MS? No. To get sympathy? No.
What I want to convey is that you shouldn't believe the media or the NO residents who say the government didn't help or help fast enough. The fact is they helped right away. They helped too much IMO.
FEMA had thier big white busses and tractor trailors sitting up on I-10, poised.

My current unit was sent in with our small riverine craft to do exfiltrations of the swamps and fish camp areas right outside NO on the lake. Navy Seabees were sent in right away, within 24 hours, with heavy equipment. Several Navy ship, hospital ship and two Amphibious ships, to provide air rescues, medical care and bring tents and supplies. The 82nd Airborne or the 101st, cant remember which one, were sent in to keep the peace because alot of the NO police were looting right along with citizens. Do you remember the Coast Guard, Army, and Navy helocopters getting shot at? There was no shots fired by any government people but were fired upon. But somehow, Kanye West and Oprah, knew that there were these po' black fokes gittin' murdad because Bush hates black people.

That's funny because Bush has done more for the continent of Africa than any other President EVAR, and has the most diverese staff and cabinent (male female hispanic black oriental ...), even moreso the Obamas repeat of Clintons cabinent.

Now, I am not in the George Bush fan club but the drive by media shots have really added up and it's ridiculous that people really think he's the devil. How can anyone be worse the that anti-semite Jimmy Carter who brought us the beginnings of the Community Re-investment Act, which is the real cause of our depression.

Offline farmertan

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2008 - 12:31:47 PM »
go fish your right on the money thanks,im in the trucking business and if i told of all the waste and fraud spent on no it would take pages,our church sent 30k to no and its a small church how many millions were donated to no is probably  not known, the mayor is to blame for most of there problems.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2008 - 12:42:04 PM »
ALL THOSE POOR PEOPLE AND THE GOVT DID NOTHING.

I'm laughing on the inside.