Author Topic: Times seem to be getting bad  (Read 11965 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Re: Times seem to be getting bad
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2008 - 12:48:10 PM »
go fish your right on the money thanks,im in the trucking business and if i told of all the waste and fraud spent on no it would take pages,our church sent 30k to no and its a small church how many millions were donated to no is probably  not known, the mayor is to blame for most of there problems.

You should have sent it to MS. The recipients were probably mad at your church because 30K can't even buy a Cadillac STS and 24" rims. We would have built a Kaboom. http://kaboom.org/  There are a ton of these things popping up in neighborhoods around here after Katrina.
The North Carolina Presbyterians have been down here helping alot too.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2008 - 12:58:59 PM »
Mayor Nagin was actually re-elected in 2006. That speaks volumes about the combined intellect in that city. There is no cure for Stupid.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:26:46 PM »
I'm laughing on the inside.
[/quo

IM SORRY IF I HAVE MADE MYSELF A LAUGHING STOCK BUT THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT WAS ON THE NEWS IN AUST, THE PICS AND VIDEO ONLY SHOWED THE PEOPLE NOT BEING HELPED , THATS THE ONLY NEWS WE HEARD FOR DAYS OVER HERE,WE DIDNT HEAR ABOUT RELIEF AGENCIES OR THE SERVICES  BHELPING FROM DAY ONE.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:30:17 PM »
Welcome to our wonderful Media. 

The media showed alot of people giving up their guns to the law enforcement.  Seems they gave up their rights to protect themselves and their properties.  Anti Gun pretty much fits the media and hollywood agenda.  These actions are totally illegal and go against the grain of our constitution.
 Lots of stuff went wrong down there.  Not any one person's fault, just a combination of many peoples. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:37:25 PM »
WE HAD OUR GUN  LAWS REFORMED HERE AFTER THE PORT ARTHUR MASSACRE SO REALLY NO ONE HAS GUNS HERE, WHICK I KNOW WOULD BE VERY STRANGE TO YOU GUYS BUT ITS A GOOD FEELING GOING TO BED KNOWING THAT NO ONE IN YOUR TOWN HAVE GUNS EITHER, I REALIASE THATS A HUGE DEBATE , BUT AUSTRALIANS HANDED IN THEIR GUNS ,  ALTHOUGH THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT OBVIOIUSLY DIDNT BUT WE ARE NINE THE WORST FOR IT , ITS A SFE PLACE TO WALK THE STREETS AT NIGHT.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:44:38 PM »
The film  WOLF CREEK was in aussie yes?   One bad man with a gun there. Never been caught yet either

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:52:12 PM »
YEAH WELL YA GOT ME THERE AL . BUT THEY DID CATCH HIM HES DOING LIFE,...AND I DID SAY THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT.....LOL

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2008 - 07:54:32 PM »
 :2thumbs:   Movie is scarey for tourist. Glad he is locked up.  He was crazy.  Hemiken has guns    one on each shoulder.  He's an Aussie terminator :woohoo:

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2008 - 08:00:41 PM »
NA THE BIG FELLA REALLY IS A BIG SOFTIE, HIS PROBLEM IS HE LIVES IN THE NORTH (BRISBANE ) I CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE THE SUSURB......WOOLOOLOOLOOWIN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, SUNSHINE ALL THE TIME, BEACHS, VERY PRETTY GIRLS, NO WONDER HE NEVER WORKS ON HIS MOPARS....

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2008 - 08:45:49 PM »
Hey  :22yikes: .......... I resemble some of these remarks :smilielol:

He Alan, my guns are not that big bud ;) ah they are sufficient :bananasmi

I was thinking about asking to rename the zone i live in to "Heavon on earth" what do you think Ian  :dunno: :bigsmile:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2008 - 09:10:21 PM »
WE HAD OUR GUN  LAWS REFORMED HERE AFTER THE PORT ARTHUR MASSACRE SO REALLY NO ONE HAS GUNS HERE, WHICK I KNOW WOULD BE VERY STRANGE TO YOU GUYS BUT ITS A GOOD FEELING GOING TO BED KNOWING THAT NO ONE IN YOUR TOWN HAVE GUNS EITHER, I REALIASE THATS A HUGE DEBATE , BUT AUSTRALIANS HANDED IN THEIR GUNS ,  ALTHOUGH THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT OBVIOIUSLY DIDNT BUT WE ARE NINE THE WORST FOR IT , ITS A SFE PLACE TO WALK THE STREETS AT NIGHT.

I heard that many of you people are spending thousands of dollars for security systems, fences, etc, because home invasions, burgleries, etc,  have gone way up since no one is armed. Is that true?

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2008 - 09:18:49 PM »
I heard that many of you people are spending thousands of dollars for security systems, fences, etc, because home invasions, burgleries, etc,  have gone way up since no one is armed. Is that true?

Hey Jerry,
nothing has rely changed in regards to problems, everything is how it was pretty much.   We do not have security problems, and when we do it is usually young kids being young kids.  Just have to nip them in the butt at an early age and change there outlook at life pretty much.   Police and security gaurds are still armed and the defence forces of course.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2008 - 10:17:22 PM »
When I think about it the idea of a bunch of drunk Assies with guns is prolly not a real good idea.  :clueless:

:smilielol:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline LAA66

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2008 - 10:42:25 PM »

That's incredible they took away your possessions.  Please don't take this wrong but we feel very secure with a loaded gun sitting on the bed stand. :2cents:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2008 - 10:43:35 PM »
Another little detail the media loves to overlook is the fact that some of those people who waited too long to get out of NO were actually shooting at the rescue helicopters. So who would you save, the ones shooting at you? Cops deserting their posts and caught looting on tape. People carrying stereo equipment, heck if they are going to loot wouldnt you think they would get the essentials first like water and food? Hard to eat a stereo system. Ask Houston residents how much they liked taking all the thugs in from NO, how their crime level spiked when they took the overflow of people. New Orleans was a joke. That city got more attention from the whole world and although devistated did not get the worst of Katrina like some other towns. For the most part they just sat on their hands, except when they had them outstretched for a freebie.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*