Times seem to be getting bad

Author Topic: Times seem to be getting bad  (Read 11964 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: Times seem to be getting bad
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2008 - 11:09:54 PM »
The REAL bottom line with NO? IT'S BELOW SEA LEVEL and it's in a place where giant storms are common. If you choose to live there in the lowest place you accept the risks that go with it. If you don't understand "EVACUATE" you'll likely be run over by a bus or meet some other fate anyway, like drop your radio in the bathtub cause you're stuck on stupid. You're the slow wildebeast in the herd. Blame you're parents for your bad Genes, not the Government.  :2cents:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2008 - 11:16:52 PM »
That's incredible they took away your possessions.  Please don't take this wrong but we feel very secure with a loaded gun sitting on the bed stand. :2cents:

YEP I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT COMPLETELY , I DONT REALLY HAVE AN OPINION EITHER WAY , OUR CRIME /GANG TYPE STUFF ARE LOW COMPARED TO THE US BUT SO IS OUR POPULATION, BUT I DONT MISS THE GUNS .......I GOT MOPARS FOR TOYS.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2008 - 11:36:57 PM »
When I think about it the idea of a bunch of drunk Assies with guns is prolly not a real good idea.  :clueless:

:smilielol:
::) ................. :roflsmiley: :lol2: :rofl: :bananasmi
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2008 - 11:55:19 PM »
I'm laughing on the inside.
[/quo

IM SORRY IF I HAVE MADE MYSELF A LAUGHING STOCK BUT THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT WAS ON THE NEWS IN AUST, THE PICS AND VIDEO ONLY SHOWED THE PEOPLE NOT BEING HELPED , THATS THE ONLY NEWS WE HEARD FOR DAYS OVER HERE,WE DIDNT HEAR ABOUT RELIEF AGENCIES OR THE SERVICES  BHELPING FROM DAY ONE.

IM SORRY IF I HAVE MADE MYSELF A LAUGHING STOCK BUT THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT WAS ON THE NEWS IN AUST,

No one is laughing at you ozrt4406, you heard what the media told you. the media sucks  :roflsmiley:

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2009 - 12:17:35 AM »
The Media certainly isn't what it used to be in America. It used to be "All the news fit to print". Now it's "All they news THEY see fit to print". Objectivity is a lost art.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2009 - 02:22:21 AM »
The Media certainly isn't what it used to be in America. It used to be "All the news fit to print". Now it's "All they news THEY see fit to print". Objectivity is a lost art.

You hit the nail on the head for sure.   I miss the old news for sure. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2009 - 04:03:04 AM »

Before, they used to report the news. Now, they make the news, and sometimes its more fiction than truth.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2009 - 06:01:41 AM »
Which is why I rarely ever watch or listen to the news except for local weather and such.Most of it is just sesationalized crap.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2009 - 01:19:39 PM »
Who can forget Dan Rathers "Memogate" two months before the 2004 election? What CBS claimed to be an authentic 1973-era typewritten memo about Bush matched up with a 2004-era Microsoft Word document made with default settings.  :eek7: :grinno: What can you say about the man? He got bagged makin stuff up to try to influence an election and he still defiantly stands by his story. 

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2009 - 01:37:17 PM »
Who can forget Dan Rathers "Memogate" two months before the 2004 election? What CBS claimed to be an authentic 1973-era typewritten memo about Bush matched up with a 2004-era Microsoft Word document made with default settings.  :eek7: :grinno: What can you say about the man? He got bagged makin stuff up to try to influence an election and he still defiantly stands by his story. 

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: I forgot about that diabolical scheme, I bet most people have also.   :villagers: :swear:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2009 - 11:28:15 PM »
What's the frequency Kenneth???

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2009 - 03:52:46 PM »
My prayers are being answered! The LA times then the Star Tribune in Chicago and now this. Thank you Lord.  :2thumbs:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/finance/20090116/BUSINESS-US-STARTRIBUNE-BANKRUPTCY/

That's your reward for helping to tank the economy. Can you give me a DUH?  :icon16:

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2009 - 06:27:55 PM »
If they had practiced unbiased reporting maybe they would have had more circulation and avoided these problems. I myself quit subscribing to ANY newspaper years agobecause of their biased one sided reporting. The only newspaper I've bought for the last several years is the local one, and only if it has sports articles of my son or grandkids in it.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2009 - 12:55:35 PM »
today 4 guys at work got layed off... we work there with 12, so that`s a third.  :drama:   luckily I still have my job, but I wonder for how long.  we build sidecars for motorcycles,  trikes based on H.D. roadking and Honda GL1800, and high perf. quads for racing.  Sales have come down dramaticly.  Last year we had to build 50 vehicles for January only, and this year just ...1... :faint:  We can make just about everything in our shop, so were looking out for other kinds of work,  but most companies do these days.....  :eek4:
*** Bart ***

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2009 - 02:37:52 PM »
Hey OZRT4406, I hate to break it to you but since you guys turned in your guns crime has gone UP.  One year murders went up 300% in Victoria. Its fact.  :aussie: