Seems that everybody has a better car

Author Topic: Seems that everybody has a better car  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Seems that everybody has a better car
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008 - 08:47:05 AM »
He he he he ...I knew the ones that drive and play would post. But we are a minority here.   Once I'm finished with my coffee, I'm opening up my shop doors and going for a ride into town with it.  I want to go buy a remote control helicopter to play with in the front yard with all the nieces and nephews we are watching this week.

I found a PURE gas station that sells 110 race fuel all year round up around Bullit99's house, so Im going to go get 5 gallons and mix the fuel with 5 gallons of 93.

John, your car will be shiney and fresh soon. Clinton drives his over my house often, same with Drew. He hammers on his car more then most people here. My paint job is ok, just not so detailed like most everyone elses here. The whole bottom of my car is factory under coated , so nothing shines, and it is dusty under the hood..  I did buy some floor mats for it yesterday.

I seem to loose interst in my car as far as detailing because no body is around and I have been going through some pain here lately.

I hope the cudaguy drops by. He said he may be down for a day or two.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008 - 08:48:55 AM »
Alan,

Don't feel too bad - you could be driving mine   :roflsmiley:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:00:08 AM »
I just wipe the air cleaner lid off before I go anywhere.  Just in case I have to open the hood.  That way at least it doesnt look so neglected.   :roflsmiley:

I just drive it.  I'm not afraid of getting it dirty.  The one thing on the other hand that I cant stand is getting it wet.  I've driven in the rain once or twice in two years, and I hate it.  It'd be different if all of the rust was fixed and everything was sealed up, but its not.  Oh well, its not like its going to be all rotten by springtime, I hope.   :o

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:19:19 AM »
Allen it just showes you are having fun  :2thumbs:

I bet you have a dirt road going to your house.

You can not help but get dust all over it.

You should see my every day car its always dirty.  :'(

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

sleepychallenger

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:45:37 AM »
yep, Alan, you know how mine is. daily driven and lovin every min of it.  :burnout:

Offline supertuff

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ovQwr11oQ
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:57:25 AM »
I envy you guys that have cars that start, run, and don't leave you with this fear you are going to have to call AAA roadside service every time you leave the house. Give me a dirty car that will get me home, anytime.

Hey Priderocks ,  my car runs like a scalded cat !  and i have to say if i were to consider a trade, your car would be one i would take a serious look at.  Do you live near a border town by chance. "i have friends". they will help relieve you of your "problem".  they can also help with unwanted family members .  people that owe you money and wont pay up, in general anything that just isnt right in your life. they can make it right for you. 

:bigsmile:       
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 - 12:26:13 PM by supertuff »

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:05:23 AM »
Hey Alan. I think most cars do look better in pictures but I have to agree with you. The member's cars here are stunning, sometimes I don't feel like I rate. The driver's door is rusting, has paint chips and scratches all over, steering box leaks and let's  not even discuss the underside. For sure it's a 20/20 car, maybe even a 40/40.

Anyway, I love it, it's mine and all that stuff can be fixed in due time. Do I drive it, you tell me, it's in the garage right now with 203,613 miles on the odo.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:14:52 PM »
Mine's a driver too Al. It does have a very good (and NEW) paint job, but that's about it. Original (for the most part) interior that has some blemishes, the engine compartment looks like a bow-tie as it was never painted....just black. The underside is undercoated black, not detailed and painted like some. So just to walk up to it, it looks great, just don't get to looking underneath, inside or under the hood!! :smilielol: :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:41:16 PM »
I am growing tired of driving mine.  Who wants to buy it. I wanna build another.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:45:02 PM »
Hey Alan I trade yea!!!!!!  heheheh  Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:58:28 PM »
...So I take mine for a ride this morning. The top radiator hose popped off.   :stomp:

The anti-freeze hits the underside of the hood and gives the engine a nice glychol bath.   :stomp:

Needless to say, mine isn't clean.   :pullinghair:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008 - 01:18:41 PM »
Shot these this morning. The only reason why the interior is clean is because I had it out of the car over the Thanksgiving holiday to install a new carpet. Also it has a bit of an oil leak  :misbehaving: which I will hopefully fix this week when I take the car up to Redding to replace the transmission (Another reason the interior is clean I haven't driven it in a month)  :banghead: I can't wait to get it back on the road again.  :burnout: I told it if it behaves and doesn't break again I would give it a new engine this year, but if it misbehaves and breaks on me again it would go back in storage and I would go buy a Charger.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 - 01:21:14 PM by 72hemi »
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008 - 01:43:18 PM »
Alan I love your car  :clapping:   that`s so nice about e-body`s... no matter how they look... they will always look better then something else on wheels  :bigshades:

I have painted the underside of my cuda cause it happened to be upside down, but I`m sure after a few months of cruising it around there won`t be much color left.... I will not wax the bottom of my car  :eek4:
As far as detailing goes... my car won`t be near perfect......for a museum or something, but will be perfect to me, and I want to drive it and have fun with it with my kid and wife and my friends  :burnout:   I`m sure I could never have that much fun if the car would meet "perfection" ... I would be too scared to scratch it...

Bart
*** Bart ***

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008 - 05:13:58 PM »
Drive em like you stole em he he
None of mine are show cars and I drive mine any chance I get,but you already knew that.
I tell my friends that the 71 won't be finished until I line it up and blister the tires and leave rubber on the quarters :roflsmiley:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008 - 05:32:28 PM »
I think your car looks very good Alan. The underside of my car will get little to no attention. I dont really care what it looks like under there, surface scale is it for rust and I dont care about old road oil and crap like that. It makes it a pain to work under there but other than that I couldn't care less what under my car looks like. Even when I get it back from paint I plan on putting many many miles on it. I look at nice cars all the time, I want to drive one.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*