Author Topic: Seems that everybody has a better car  (Read 3559 times)

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
Re: Seems that everybody has a better car
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008 - 05:44:20 PM »
My car is a nice high quality driver  i dont care what anyone else thinks and you should not either be happy u have what and enjoy it.
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline sadil340

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008 - 05:56:24 PM »
Al, I've spent 2 1/2 years, many dollars and hundreds of hours of my time restoring my car to like-new condition. Why? Because I've been driving and enjoying it for 35 years and it deserved it. What am I going to do with it? Drive it more!! It will be like I just picked the car up from the dealer and look forward to enjoying it like it's 1970. It'll get dirty for sure - but it'll be worth a heck of a lot more to me than it would if it were left in the garage or trailered to car shows. Enjoy!!!
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008 - 06:13:22 PM »
I have to agree Al, YOURS is in MUCH better shape than mine.  :roflsmiley:

I would rather have a dirty driver than a show poodle any day.  :wave:

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008 - 06:46:19 PM »
I have no show poodles and and I'm building a 73 Chally so I can DRIVE it without worrying about it like my other "nice" cars. People like to pull out in front of you here while you're cruising at 60mph.

Not to mention, the 318 will get better mileage than either 440.

And if I have an Autozone rad overflow bottle, not as many paint dotters will make faces.

Steve
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline quagmire

• Traction Impaired......
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008 - 07:00:40 PM »
Don't feel too bad. My car is at least three different shades of red, probably from prior accidents before I bought it. It's no looker, hopefully one day I'll have enough money to give it a paint job that would actually concern me about rock chips hitting the car.  I'm just happy it isn't rotted out like most of the E bodies unrestored in the Midwest.  At least I can drive it pretty much anywhere weather permitting.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008 - 08:40:39 PM »
Alan my Challenger and Cuda are both driven when ever I want and the Cuda is detailed top and bottom and boy is it hard to keep clean driving all over. The Challenger is a factory under coated car and is still detailed but is easier to keep up with than the Cuda. I really think you should not feel to bad as these cars were built to be driven so enjoy the car for what it is and drive it like you stole it!

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline longgone

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008 - 08:45:54 PM »
I like to go to cruise in's all over the state and even a state or two away.  Never has my car, nor shall it ever ride on a trailer.  I bought and built it to drive.  Plain and simple.  I'd rather have 1/4" of rubber coating my rear quarters than a spotless car.  At least it means I'm having fun  :burnout:

Blueglow

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:31:31 PM »
...I've had 'em both ways, drivers and queens....both had a purpose and both were fun for various reasons

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008 - 09:40:25 PM »
Hey Daytona.  Seeing you just posted. I just saw a hurst olds looking like yours just setting in a carport about 1/2 mile from me. It says HO455 on the hood and stuff. Thought about you when I saw it. Cool car :2thumbs:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:03:49 PM »
Hey Daytona.  Seeing you just posted. I just saw a hurst olds looking like yours just setting in a carport about 1/2 mile from me. It says HO455 on the hood and stuff. Thought about you when I saw it. Cool car :2thumbs:

...out of the 900 or so that were built, there aren't too many left...good eye :bigsmile:...they are one of my all time favorite NON-MOPAR Muscle Cars

...ps...this one ain't a queen, it's all original :bigsmile:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:18:08 PM »
...I've had 'em both ways, drivers and queens....both had a purpose and both were fun for various reasons

I'll second that, I've had both types, but do have to say I enjoyed the clean drivers better than the trailer queens. My cars are usually in between, not true show queeens but very clean drivers that i will drive to shows if it's a reasonable distance (like 25-50 miles) but if I'm staying overnite I have an enclosed trailer. Makes for a easier ride there (A/C and such) and i have a place to store the car in the event of rain. I do try and keep them nice, and avoid rain as much as i can.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2008 - 10:28:04 PM »
Hey Alan, I'd rather be driving yours around than pushing mine Old Mate, how'bout somemore burnout videos please. :burnout: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008 - 11:28:28 PM »
my driveway won't allow me to have a clean car.i have 7 large low spots holding all this darn rain water making mud holes.

Offline back n black

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008 - 02:23:45 AM »
I bought mine to be a driver...drove it everywhere this past summer....can't wait for the weather to break!!!

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008 - 09:40:24 AM »
AL, I wish my car was really nice. I try to keep it that way, but as an owner, I know the problem areas. Id say my car looks pretty good from a few feet away but it has some touch ups and some bad rust bubbling throught the passenger fender...... as well as a dent in the hood that I need to fix... I wash my car maybe once every month or 2 months depending on how much i drive it. Id like to take it out more but I need time for that....

to tell ya the truth Alan, sometimes Id rather be pimpin along in an old '65 Chrysler 300 instead, but I love my car and I'll keep trying to improve it more each time...... It can be tough to save up for some stuff..  :money:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100