Author Topic: Seems that everybody has a better car  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Seems that everybody has a better car
« on: December 28, 2008 - 11:41:41 PM »
It looks like almost every member here has their car detailed to the hilt.  Just like brand new or better.  The underneath of most of the cars is just as clean as the top side.

I cannot keep up with you guys.  I am no good at detailing and I have to drive mine just about everytime I lay my eyes on it. No way can I keep it clean like the rest of you guys.

Is most everyone planning on driving their cars?   They get dirty quick n easy on the road.  Hope when I catch up to everyone when I get to the shows to meet you guys. That you don't think I care for my car. I just built it for a driver and love taking anyone for a ride.

I know there are a few of us that drive them all the time. But it seems for the most part, everyone is posting shiney new pictures, with bunches of money tied up in paint n body. 

Wish I could detail the way some of you guys do.     Most of you have cars that always turn heads. Beauty on wheels.  I just slip in the back row

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
Re: Seems that everybody has a better car
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008 - 11:44:23 PM »
Hey Alan, I'm with you! My paint is 20/20 at best, looks decent from 20 feet away going by at 20 miles an hour. I'm not too worried about it though, because when I drive it I don't worry at all about it getting dirty! :thumbsup:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008 - 11:48:35 PM »
Don't worry, Alan. I drive mine too. There are bugs in my radiator.  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008 - 11:51:15 PM »
Hey Alan mine is filthy too, so don't feel bad. I will take some pics tomorrow. Paint and body work on it isn't the greatest either being 7 years old on the paint and the car being outside most of the time, not to mention when I did the body work I was learning so it's not the straightest either.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:07:57 AM »
so you enjoy yours more ...whats wrong with that ???   :dunno:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:10:55 AM »
so you enjoy yours more ...whats wrong with that ???   :dunno:

Yes I do   nothing wrong with that at all.  Except for I can't hardly shift it anymore.  Can't even work on it.   Come on over and inspire me :bigsmile:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:13:04 AM »
Duh OK  :burnout:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:16:06 AM »
No worries Alan! Mine is dirty enough for at least a couple of trailer queens! The paint job is a 20 footer at best (maaco with bondo over rust, thanks PO!), it leaks oil (rear main, oil pan, I'm sure I'm missing something), ATF (trans lines),and occasionally brake fluid (last time was a bad crush washer). I just have a nice camera and take pictures of the "good" side... :biggrin:

I try to keep it somewhat clean, but I drive it whenever I have to go somewhere, my only running car at the moment! Don't get me wrong, I like looking at the clean ones, but I'd rather mine be a little dirty because I actually get to use it!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008 - 12:31:10 AM »
Hey Alan,  Mine will be nice I hope but I will drive it also.  I just can not wait for it be started on.  Yes I will post some pictures of it I hope looking even better than it did new but I will drive it a lot for sure.  Wouldnt it be nice for all CC members to get together some time and take pictures of all of them.    Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline priderocks

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008 - 01:55:28 AM »
My car is beautiful, inside and out. The paint job is stunning. Everything new. Or better. Fresh engine, new carb, wiring, the works. And the damned thing runs like crap. I hate it, and daily think I would like to leave the keys in it at the Albertsons parking lot. I often think back to why I originally started doing this, and that was just to have a semi-cool car to run my kids to school in. But it got out of hand, and I ended up sinking a ton of money and labor into a project that sure ended up leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I envy you guys that have cars that start, run, and don't leave you with this fear you are going to have to call AAA roadside service every time you leave the house. Give me a dirty car that will get me home, anytime.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008 - 04:20:25 AM »
Hey Alan, you have seen mine in person and you know I do not detail everything.  I am lucky if I wash it more than twice a year.  The only reason mine stays fairly clean is because I do not drive it as often as I would like.  Plus now that I am saving and collecting parts to make my Dart street worthy, I doubt I will be driving it until springtime.  Oh well.....
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008 - 06:23:12 AM »
Alan, sorry but not everyone's paint can be as nica as mine.

What shade is that you ask? Patina they call it, LOTS of it!

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008 - 07:19:20 AM »
Hey Alan,

Your car looks sweet and we all know you drive it.  Do you want to detail it some more ?  it is your choice old mate. :2thumbs: love it the way it is though.  :woo:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008 - 08:36:33 AM by hemiken »
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008 - 07:23:28 AM »
My paint is 12-13 years old and showing some battle scars-rock chips,scrathes,stress cracks etc. My interior needs the new dash pad installed,new headliner and door panels dyed again.The underhood used to be spotless but now I spend less time detailing and just drive it.I`m sure if I go out to the garage and check there will be rubber still on the lower quarters from the last burnout I did!   :burnout:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008 - 08:43:23 AM »
Alan, you have no worries! NIKKI"S one dirty girl MOST of the time. But she gets DRIVIN'. And we have a blast!!  I have aquired a few paint chips, bugs, and I can never keep her clean under the hood..... now go have some FUN!!!   
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl