StroKers How To: Messing Up your $900 TTI Headers

Author Topic: StroKers How To: Messing Up your $900 TTI Headers  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: StroKers How To: Messing Up your $900 TTI Headers
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009 - 07:35:48 PM »
Look I was just looking to drop a 100$ on some headers!  Get them in the mail so we can stop bickering!    :poopoke:

Don

Drop that 100 in the mail to me. I have an ole leaking set of 318 castler headers here somewhere. Don't worry about polishing these tho. Or do you want shiney rust?    he he he

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009 - 08:14:27 PM »
G thats a bummer ,the first rule of success is to know the difference between a jinx and a screwup . but look at the upside clean up can be done with a polish ball like on wheels but after a cleaner as others have pointed out . good luck .c

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009 - 08:30:52 PM »
they will clean up , I have used Brake clean in the past , they always get stained

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009 - 12:52:41 AM »
they will clean up , I have used Brake clean in the past , they always get stained

Shhhhhhh!  There you go Neil totaly ruining my deal!   I mean I feel like I was making a deal for a 440 Hemi and now you go and tell the guy there is no such thing!  LOL!!!

The headers I got are good for now!  Im not sinking any money into parts until I get te 440 on line.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009 - 01:11:18 AM »
LOL
your "deal" looked like $700 + to me  :money:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009 - 01:42:26 AM »
LOL
your "deal" looked like $700 + to me  :money:

:roflsmiley:      :iagree:

nivvy

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009 - 03:57:19 AM »
Shhhhhhh!  There you go Neil totaly ruining my deal!   I mean I feel like I was making a deal for a 440 Hemi and now you go and tell the guy there is no such thing!  LOL!!!

The headers I got are good for now!  Im not sinking any money into parts until I get te 440 on line.

Don

there ar 440 hemis now....... lol

A screwup... naaaaaaa.. i cant help it the tube broke off the the bracket.... I screw up all the time but not in that case.....  :misbehaving:

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009 - 02:54:49 PM »
It happens bro!

Don

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009 - 08:00:15 PM »
Hey Stroker, I had an issue right after I put my TTI headers on as well.  The company said to use an orange based cleaner with a towel and scrub scrub scrub.  I did it and it did get most of the oil staining out eventually, but it was a pain in the butt.  I used Orange 409.  I had those T-Handle type valve cover bolts and they loosened up after the first time I took the car out and spewed oil  :scared: 

I had to get an "I told ya so" from my husband, as he told me not to use them.   :walkaway:

nivvy

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009 - 08:07:43 PM »
Hey Stroker, I had an issue right after I put my TTI headers on as well.  The company said to use an orange based cleaner with a towel and scrub scrub scrub.  I did it and it did get most of the oil staining out eventually, but it was a pain in the butt.  I used Orange 409.  I had those T-Handle type valve cover bolts and they loosened up after the first time I took the car out and spewed oil  :scared: 

I had to get an "I told ya so" from my husband, as he told me not to use them.   :walkaway:

where you get orange 409 at ???

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009 - 08:08:37 PM »
I got orange gojo on my shelf for when you fill my shop with smoke....do it there :2thumbs:

nivvy

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009 - 08:10:25 PM »
I have some orange go jo? maybe try that...

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009 - 08:29:45 PM »

Don

Actually, the 440 Hemi is real…

The HEMI 440 : HEMI Engine Supersized
Now Shipping the HEMI 440 with up to 630 HP (up to 463 kW), in a box, on 93 octane. This complete HEMI Crate Motor with up to 600 ft/lbs (up to 813 N-m) torque comes with all the performance to get Roaring, and is ready to drop in your project car with everything you need from the wiring harness and sensors down to the dipstick. Built from all new performance parts including the NASCAR grade prepped 6.1 Block.
And only $13000.00 

http://www.arringtonengines.com/p-1025-440-hemi-crate-engine-by-arrington-engines.aspx
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009 - 09:24:40 PM »

You have to re-tighten those T-handle bolts, just like the the header bolts after a couple of rides.    :wave:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009 - 11:16:12 PM »
You have to re-tighten those T-handle bolts, just like the the header bolts after a couple of rides.    :wave:

I knew I would have to do that, but this happened just after the 1st ride, and it was a short one.  Before I could have a chance to re-tighten them. :bricks1:

Oh, and you get the 409 in the cleaning section of a grocery store or wal mart, etc.  I wouldn't use the orange hand cleaners, as they have grit to them and will scratch the ceramic coating.  That's why you have to scrub with a towel only. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009 - 11:17:53 PM by AprilsPink72Cuda »