Author Topic: Frame Connectors PICS  (Read 3397 times)

nivvy

Frame Connectors PICS
« on: January 01, 2009 - 12:54:18 PM »
A few have requested this so here ya go...

They are mancini racing frame connectors and they are not a bolt in like the website says... I had the rear section cut off and welded up and bolted in the fronts.. you could obviously see you can weld in the fronts if desired...  :thumbsup:

You do not need to cut into the floor this way.......... The rear section of the backseat area just sets on the connectors and these were installed with the new floor pans already in.... hope this helps.....  :2thumbs:

Sorry for the messy car and pics. been busy under there lately ....  :misbehaving:

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/framconpac.html

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009 - 12:57:37 PM by StRoKer »

Offline matt63

Re: Sub Frame Connectors PICS
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009 - 12:58:46 PM »
Thanks Stroker.  I bought a set of those frame connectors and still need to install them.  I had a post about this a few weeks back.  After trail fitting them I agree that there will need to be alot of mods to the back of the frame connector to get it to fit.  It's not even close.
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

nivvy

Re: Sub Frame Connectors PICS
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009 - 01:01:47 PM »
Thanks Stroker.  I bought a set of those frame connectors and still need to install them.  I had a post about this a few weeks back.  After trail fitting them I agree that there will need to be alot of mods to the back of the frame connector to get it to fit.  It's not even close.

well said.... but after modding them its nice to have to not deal with going into the floor pans...  :dunno:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009 - 01:04:31 PM by StRoKer »

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Re: Frame Connectors PICS
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009 - 01:21:00 PM »
Looks good, thx for the pics.  Can you tell a difference?  The problem I've noticed is the car sags when up on jack stands.  Doors don't open/close the same when front of car is jacked up.  I'm wondering if the frame connectors would help, or do I have other issues.

nivvy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009 - 01:28:47 PM »
When I jack the car up in the circles the other side of the car lifts up equally....  they help out for sure :working:

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009 - 02:29:34 PM »
I have those kind too.Let me get some pics...   There are flanges on either side in the back on mine. Welded in both ends.   Frame connectors are a MUST on these cars IMO.   They will sag even with the connectors in. Frame alignment first would be a good idea. Then weld them in.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009 - 04:31:59 PM »
I have those kind too.Let me get some pics...   There are flanges on either side in the back on mine. Welded in both ends.   Frame connectors are a MUST on these cars IMO.   They will sag even with the connectors in. Frame alignment first would be a good idea. Then weld them in.

Did you put them in yourself?  Any more pics would be great.  I'd like to know what's involved.  I don't mind cutting and grinding to get them to fit.  I like the idea that they don't go up into the floor pan. 

Can you see them from the side, any clearance issues?

Thx

nivvy

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009 - 04:39:36 PM »
Did you put them in yourself?  Any more pics would be great.  I'd like to know what's involved.  I don't mind cutting and grinding to get them to fit.  I like the idea that they don't go up into the floor pan. 

Can you see them from the side, any clearance issues?

Thx

cant see mine.....  :working:

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009 - 05:04:20 PM »
What size box tubing is it?  Looks like 1.5"

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009 - 05:05:07 PM »
Dangit   Now my pics won't go...   :pullinghair:   I think these are the mopar ones from what I've seen. Didn't put them in. They are no way as high up as Strokers. But are welded onto each side of the frame with a small plate.Easy install by the looks of it. Otherwise similar.Squared tubing. I'd like to get mine higher.But havn't had any problems. Now that I got a welder   :thinkerg:    
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009 - 08:16:39 PM »
I use 1X2 .125 wall rectangular tubing , put a slot in the middle & bend it top match the floor pan, reweld the slot & install as per top pictures

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009 - 09:50:24 PM »
Any reason that someone couldn't make their own? :clueless: From the pictures i have seen they do not look that difficult to install, so why not make your own.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009 - 09:58:01 PM »
I have installed probably 15+ sets using 1x2 tube
yeah I make my own & weld them in

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009 - 11:11:38 PM »
I use 1X2 .125 wall rectangular tubing , put a slot in the middle & bend it top match the floor pan, reweld the slot & install as per top pictures

I did the exact same thing. As a matter of fact, I may have gotten the idea from one of your posts to start with Chryco!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009 - 07:26:26 AM »

Do you have any pics of the slot location, is it the entire length?
It doesn't look like it comes near the floor pan.  Why the need for the slot and bend?