Author Topic: 572 Keith Black Aluminum Hemi installed  (Read 9018 times)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: 572 Keith Black Aluminum Hemi installed
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009 - 05:53:36 PM »
awesome looking engine, nice valvecovers  :2thumbs:   man I love the picture of the pick up with that huge engine in the back  :woo:  Get another one like it and keep it on the truckbed...  :2cents:  :bigsmile:
*** Bart ***

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009 - 06:12:38 PM »
That is one K I L L E R ride!!!!!!!!!!     :eek2:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline 70 Challenger Conv.

• Work in progress
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009 - 07:05:43 PM »
looks awesome.

What are the brackets that are bolted to the valve cover for?   :clueless: help a dumb fellow out.

They are the oil breathers, I have never seen them like that either but they came on the valve covers when I bought them off ebay.  :ebay:
70 Convertible 572 Keith Black Aluminum Hemi ProFlow EFI 727 w/Gear Vendors OD added power door locks and power trunk release and keyless entry Rack and Pinion power steering... future change to 6 speed manual tranny

• Work in progress
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009 - 07:10:50 PM »
Is max power at 4000?
Actually the dyno sheet showed 661 at 6000rpm and 620 ft/lbs of torque at 5400. It was 660hp at 4000 also. Thanks for making me look again. I thought it might be higher and I will be doing a chassis dyno on it again after fine tuning some more. I really like that picture of your wheelstand!!  :jumping:
70 Convertible 572 Keith Black Aluminum Hemi ProFlow EFI 727 w/Gear Vendors OD added power door locks and power trunk release and keyless entry Rack and Pinion power steering... future change to 6 speed manual tranny

• Work in progress
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009 - 07:12:55 PM »
That is one K I L L E R ride!!!!!!!!!!     :eek2:

Thanks, I have really been anxious to get it and put it in!  :working:

nivvy

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009 - 07:50:04 PM »
nice car also...

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009 - 07:58:52 PM »
did you tie the frames together? I broke my vert 3 times

• Work in progress
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009 - 11:07:53 PM »
did you tie the frames together? I broke my vert 3 times

I haven't yet but it is something I am considering, do you have suggestions?  :newbie:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009 - 11:11:39 PM »
I crack the car 3 times where the dutchman panel was on both sides and along the top of the quarter. I installed MP frame ties to help it.  One other thing I remember was when I took it to the track , the vert top looked like the jetsons going over 120 mph....bubble top. And it would stretch the crap out of it

• Work in progress
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009 - 12:13:51 AM »
I crack the car 3 times where the dutchman panel was on both sides and along the top of the quarter. I installed MP frame ties to help it.  One other thing I remember was when I took it to the track , the vert top looked like the jetsons going over 120 mph....bubble top. And it would stretch the crap out of it
Now I feel dumb for saying this but what is the dutchman panel? I remember my dad's T/A cracking behind the back roll-up windows from the stress  but I'm lost.  :working:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009 - 12:15:22 AM »
right in front of the decklid

• Work in progress
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009 - 12:50:30 AM »
right in front of the decklid

I wondered if that was what you were talking about and now I have learned something else I didn't know. A very wise man once told me:
 "You never get too old to learn something new everyday, if you ever think you know it all, do the world a favor and leave it!"  :worshippy

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009 - 12:51:36 AM »
I am in Jones County close to Laurel and yes I can't wait to go back to the Battleship! I hope several of us will be there. Where are you?  :wavingflag:  :woohoo:

I am in Bay St Louis in Hancock County. I used to be stationed at the Navy base in Gulfport, now at Stennis Space Center.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009 - 12:56:50 AM »
looks awesome.

What are the brackets that are bolted to the valve cover for?   :clueless: help a dumb fellow out.

Those are breathers that use header evacuation. I tube goes from the breathers to the headers and the turbulance in the collector scavenge the vapors. Be careful not to run a muffler with steel wool or fiberglass packing. They gum up. Run a welded style muffler.

• Work in progress
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009 - 01:04:41 AM »
Those are breathers that use header evacuation. I tube goes from the breathers to the headers and the turbulance in the collector scavenge the vapors. Be careful not to run a muffler with steel wool or fiberglass packing. They gum up. Run a welded style muffler.

Thanks for the advise, it is so loud with Flowmasters I was planning to put some bullet glasspacks in for a little noise reduction. Would it work to put dual PCV valves instead? :1zhelp: