Author Topic: Challenger vs Ford Shelby Race Scene in Movie "The Bucket List"  (Read 8720 times)

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
I'm watching a movie called "The Bucket List" with Morgan Freeman & Jack Nicholson (two of my favorite actors) -- they both are terminally ill and are "doing" adventures on a list they made..... one of which was for Freeman (a mechanic) to drive a Shelby (his dream).   So they match him up with Nicholson in a '70 Challenger R/T.......    Very Cool!     Unfortunately, the Shelby comes out on top since Freeman is the car guy.   

Great movie (so far) -- and great Challener scene -- if you get a chance to see it....

VT MOPAR
VT MOPAR

Offline troutstreamnm

Re: Challenger vs Ford Shelby Race Scene in Movie "The Bucket List"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009 - 09:55:30 PM »
That was a cool scene, but they were trading paint and damaging an E-Body for no good reason  :grinno:  I think the Challenger was a Monet anyway (only looks good at a distance).  Likely a basketcase 318 that they threw a cheap coat of paint on it.  If I recall the package tray was missing in one shot so it was likely trashed inside.  Guess they wouldn't be trashing a real R/T anyway.  :screwy:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009 - 11:52:49 PM »
I have that movie on the DVR, now I HAVE to watch it.

That was a cool scene, but they were trading paint and damaging an E-Body for no good reason  :grinno:  I think the Challenger was a Monet anyway (only looks good at a distance).  Likely a basketcase 318 that they threw a cheap coat of paint on it.  If I recall the package tray was missing in one shot so it was likely trashed inside.  Guess they wouldn't be trashing a real R/T anyway.  :screwy:

Hollywood could probably care less if it was a 1 of 1 Hemi Cuda conv!!  :villagers:
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009 - 12:21:07 AM »
If they thought they could make a mil on the movie they would not care what they distroyed!!!
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009 - 09:46:55 AM »
Here is the link

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009 - 12:17:50 PM »
If you notice, he's beatin on the drivers side of the challenger, but after they turn into the pit area, the drivers side fender is fine and the passenger side is all beat to hell!  :villagers:

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009 - 01:39:55 PM »
Did you notice that, in the race track scene, Morgan Freeman always looks to his right when he talks to Jack Nicholson, who is in the yellow Challenger to his right? When Morgan Freeman races away towards the end of this scene, their cars are on the wrong side. Jack Nicholson's yellow Challenger is to the left of Morgan Freeman's red car.

Also, on the top of the pyramid, Morgan Freeman says that Egypt is the place where the only dog to be struck by lightning occurred, but this is wrong. The actual trivia fact is that Egypt was the place where a dog was fatally struck by a meteor.

Hollywood could probably care less if it was a 1 of 1 Hemi Cuda conv!!

Yes they do, because they'd have to pay big $$ for it. Much cheaper to fake it.

Mike
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009 - 02:27:16 PM by MJS73 »
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009 - 01:48:15 PM »
I hope to get a copy of the movie tomorrow could not find it today.  Will have to watch it close to see what everyone is talking about. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline bordin34

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009 - 04:53:23 PM »
It's really a good movie. Did anybody else notice that when he restarted the car, it wasn't a gear reduction starter.

1973 Charger SE Brougham Black 400 auto
1974 Charger SE Brougham Blue 318 auto-SOLD

Offline rallye5.7

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009 - 12:54:11 AM »
The engine in the Challenger was a 5.7 carbed Hemi. There was an article about it last year.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009 - 04:58:04 AM »
I am watching the movie now will try to pay close attention to it and all the scenes.   

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009 - 05:58:11 AM »
  I was chasing parts for my Challenger last Easter and came across a guy in the high desert area of California who wrecks MOPARS. He told me about this movie because he was supplying parts at top dollar prices to keep the Challenger going for the movie. His parts were way over priced so I only bought a wiper motor from him.
  I agree when the Challenger wouldn't start in the tunnel it wasn't a MOPAR cranking thats for sure.
Dave

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009 - 08:54:01 PM »
watching it now.the little guy kept saying...."they can't do that to a challenger!!that's just wrong".

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009 - 11:57:08 PM »
Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSi14d8TW8k

I posted that on Youtube. Racer440 is my handle.  I edited out all of the jibberjabber and just kept the car scene.
If you like my editing, I did the same thing for the Challenger and Charger from Death Proof. I edited all of Quentin Terentino's extra talking and went straight to the car scenes.  YOUTUBE ERASED IT due to copyright stuff. You can still view it here:

http://stlmopars.ning.com/video/1269180:Video:11406

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0