Author Topic: Just sitting here listening to Sweet Home Alabama!!!!  (Read 3764 times)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: Ok Guys I should be getting word soon on when I am go home!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009 - 06:21:04 AM »
Time is going by quick and more parts are at the house now.  I should be getting my stuff for going home soon also!!!!  I am coming back for another year so I will be able to complete my car like I want it.  Going to order my sheetmetal after the first of Feb.  I want it to get there when I do if possible so I can sort it out.   Just can not wait to get started on it.  It is going to look so good with all of the sheet metal replaced and it will run so good with the engine I got and with the other one I can build for it.  I hope my girlfriend will get well soon and that we can get married when I go home as well.  Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009 - 07:00:23 PM »
 :useless:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009 - 10:19:32 PM »
I will post pictures when I get home and can take some.  Sorry I want to see all the stuff as well.   
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009 - 10:39:50 AM »
Ok still no word yet but here is what I want my car to look like.  Gordon

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
Re: Ok Guys I got the dates I will be home!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009 - 10:49:34 PM »
I got my dates i will be home now!!!!    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:  will be leaving the 7th of march or right around that date till the 21 of march.   :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009 - 08:42:20 AM »
I listen to the video all the time of the engine and show it off every chance I get along with the pics of my car the way it will work   :woohoo:   Just can not wait to get home and get started on my car!!!!!   Gordon

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009 - 09:11:22 AM »
  With this sort of enthusiam the car will be finished almost before you get home.
  Let me get this straight, you will be home for 2 weeks, get married and hopefully get your car finished   :working: 
  I know that you have a plan but remember you might want to spend a day at least with your new bride!!   :stirpot:   :bigsmile:   :2thumbs:   :smilielol:
Dave

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009 - 09:15:10 AM »
We may do more than a day or two together alone I hope after we get married.  I hope she is well enough to do that this time.  If not may have to wait till June or July to get married.

I want to get started on getting the sheet metal work done on my car and more if possible.  I know it will take time to get done.  I have so many plans for it and it is going to look so cool and run so good!!!

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: Ok Guys I have the itch to get my car going as quick as I can!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009 - 09:44:06 AM »
Don't rush a good thing!! All in time... :bigsmile:

:iagree:

Or you will overlook and miss something. Even though all my sheetmetal work is done I still see small things I want to improve or correct a little more.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009 - 12:08:31 PM »
Well I do not plan to rush anything but I want my someone to work on my car while I am over here for another year to get my sheetmetal and things put on my car for me.  I would do it myself but I am going to be gone again for another year.  I just want it done.  Gordon

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
Re: Just sitting here listening to Sweet Home Alabama!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009 - 11:03:37 AM »
Been sitting here listening to Lynard Skynard Sweet Home Alabama thinking of when I get to go back in 30 days or so.  Getting closer all the time till I get go and can hardly wait to get there.   Going to be so good to get there and get things started on my car.  I am so glad I got to talk to my girlfriend today made me feel so much better.  Gordon

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009 - 02:26:54 PM »
Good music.  And glad you got to talk. You were a pain in the butt and edgy before that :smilielol: :stirpot:  But as I said, it all works out in time. You'll be home soon and in the mood for everything you want to do. It will be spring time and all you emotions will be rising. Just pace yourself ole man :2thumbs:

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009 - 02:44:22 PM »
Gordon, I have read and enjoyed many of your threads. Your enthusiasm and excitement are contagious. I don't really have the funds to start my car and yet I have anyway. :bananasmi  My curiousity, however, is driving me nuts. It is pretty obvious that you are elsewhere, but where is elsewhere and what are you doing there? Enquiring minds, I mean nosy minds want to know. :cheers:

Kevin

Please excuse me, I'm a  :newbie:
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009 - 10:09:07 PM »
Hey Kevin,

I am a contractor for Navistar or IMG and I am in Iraq.  I am going home soon for my end of contract and then will come back for another year I think here.  I am glad you like what I write.  I try to make things interesting if I can.  Hope you enjoy the site.  Gordon

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009 - 10:15:01 PM »
dude... your are definatley in the right place!!!  A total mopar nutcase!!! Just like me!!! :icon16:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"