Author Topic: Education Level of Members  (Read 6320 times)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Education Level of Members
« on: January 09, 2009 - 12:18:11 PM »
Just was wondering what the Education Level of members.  Show your highest and if you have a 2nd degree in something.  Thanks  Gordon
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 - 09:12:55 PM by 426HEMI »
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Education Level of Members
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:22:43 PM »
I went to college / trade school
 should have gone into debt & gone further like Mech engineer

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:29:46 PM »
Guess I will tell about mine.

I have an AAS degree in Automotive  SIU
I have an AAS degree in Electronics   USAF
I have a BS degree in Advanced Technical Studies which combine the automotive and electronics degrees and all of the othe stuff you have to have for a BS  SIU
I have a MSED in Workforce Education because it was the only way to get a raise at a community college I was working at.  SIU

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 - 12:59:03 PM by 426HEMI »
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:43:58 PM »
I'm in Grade 11 right now. :)
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:47:03 PM »
I think after watching smarter than a 5th grader, I need to go back to school
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:49:20 PM »
I would have to agree with you there.  I miss that show for sure. 

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:51:08 PM »
I went to college / trade school
 should have gone into debt & gone further like Mech engineer
I got my degree in mechanical engineering and after 20 years of experience that is pretty much straight out of a Dilbert cartoon, and no job security for the last 5 or 6 years (currently unemployed since late November), I wish I'd dropped out of college and taken up a trade like HVAC or avionics, or gone to work for the railroads or better yet gone to work for the government, law enforcement etc.  Good pay, job security and a good pension without having to work until you are 70 sure seem like a good thing now, wish I'd known what I know now when I was 20, thought all my hard work and sacrifice back then in school would really pay off, but it really hasn't.
Grass is always greener I guess........

Offline quagmire

• Traction Impaired......
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:54:44 PM »
I have an AAS in Automotive Technology from JJC and a BS in Automotive Technology from SIU as well, I plan on getting a Masters in some form of engineering once I am working for a company willing to pay for it.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009 - 12:57:27 PM »
I know what you are talking about.  I have been let go several times because I had the MSED degree.  I was satified where I was and doing really well but still let go.  I dont know how many jobs I have missed out on because of my educational back ground.  I took this job because of the money and will work again next year over here I hope.  Finally getting paid what I wanted after I got my degree.  I hope that I can find a good job after I get back next year.  I sent out several resume's but no responce to any of those.  I was wondering if anyone else had been treated that way.

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009 - 01:02:38 PM »
I went to college for an engineering degree in the 80's (first electrical, then switched to mechanical), but quit to work full-time and support myself.  I'm now working towards a business management degree, but it's going to take awhile.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009 - 01:06:15 PM »
High School + UTI + BMW S.T.E.P
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009 - 01:18:05 PM »
I have a BS in Ecomomics/Finance and an MBA but my real education came from my experience selling childrens clothing at flea markets when I was 13-18. 

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009 - 01:18:36 PM »
Trade school for Auto Mech (Straight A's  :smokin:) then many courses in management and supervision when I was doing that. Also Laser maintenance training (Convergent resonators) and Sigmanest Laser nesting software training. All of which has proven totally worthless to me as I've had my resume on Career Builder for a year with no luck. Sheetmetal is a dead industry. I'm now learning to run and program a 5 axis Star swiss screw machine from my best friend (and employer) because their seems to be many jobs running them for very decent $$$ and he just bought one. We're learning it together.    
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009 - 01:35:50 PM »
I'm good at B.S.'ing, if that's worth anything. :lol2: :biggrin:  Actually, I'm on what should be my final semester of actual school work, then I need to find an internship and I should FINALLY have my B.S. degree in International Business.  Granted, I shouldn't really be too sour about how long I've been in college, considering I was in the Mechanical Engineering program for a year and a half prior to changing my degree to Business Admin.  Five years of school and it'll all be coming to an end in one more semester while studying overseas in the Netherlands. :woo: :woohoo: :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 - 01:39:55 PM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009 - 01:43:41 PM »
AS in Education
BA in English, Writing Concentration
MA in English, Writing Concentration

And over most of the last year I've been wondering how much of it was worthwhile  :grinno:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars