Author Topic: my new project  (Read 49703 times)

wagesofsin

Re: my new project
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009 - 10:13:54 PM »
ill be stitching the skins on soon, they are just cleco'd on now, but will fit fine.

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2009 - 10:43:33 PM »
Thank You. How much area did you leave at the top, in order to put the cleco to? I bought the sherman skins, they look like they will work out ok. I will need to work the marker lights a bit.
Chris, Ohio

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009 - 03:20:28 AM »
Thank You. How much area did you leave at the top, in order to put the cleco to? I bought the sherman skins, they look like they will work out ok. I will need to work the marker lights a bit.

how are the full sherman skins?  I used their lower qtr. patch panel but it fit like crap...  the backside where the rearvalance bolts to had no shape whatsoever....  :swear:  just wondering, I don`t need a full skin, got the job done in the end. ( was for cuda btw...)

hey wages,  that looks great  :thumbsup:   you`re making some nice progress there  :clapping:   I`ll be doing the last bit of welding to my cuda today  :woo:   finally...
*** Bart ***

wagesofsin

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009 - 07:41:58 AM »

i left about 3 inches of original material.

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009 - 11:19:45 AM »
how are the full sherman skins?  I used their lower qtr. patch panel but it fit like crap...  the backside where the rearvalance bolts to had no shape whatsoever....  :swear:  just wondering, I don`t need a full skin, got the job done in the end. ( was for cuda btw...)

hey wages,  that looks great  :thumbsup:   you`re making some nice progress there  :clapping:   I`ll be doing the last bit of welding to my cuda today  :woo:   finally...

I am not sure yet, I havent even messed with them. I should know here in the next couple weeks. I stuck one of the marker lights in the panel. It doesnt fit, off by about 3/16 inch. The marker area is sunk back more than the originals. Im sure I can make them work. I bought outer wheel houses and quarter extensions also, so I hope they fit decent.
Chris, Ohio

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2009 - 11:20:40 AM »
i left about 3 inches of original material.

Thanks for the help Wages
Chris, Ohio

wagesofsin

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009 - 07:40:04 PM »
Thanks for the help Wages

no problemo' chris.    :2thumbs:

i just hope you folks enjoy seeing me cobble my way through this beast, as much as i enjoy actually doing it.

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009 - 11:28:41 PM »
I do enjoy seeing the progress. The pictures will help me reference on my project. I will probably start my panels next month. My car has a lot of the same area's of rust that yours has. Nice progress...Chris
Chris, Ohio

Offline The Cuda Man

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2009 - 03:12:41 PM »
Looking great John, you have some spectacular metal fab skills. At this rate you will be done in no time!  :cheers:

wagesofsin

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2009 - 08:50:08 PM »
Looking great John, you have some spectacular metal fab skills. At this rate you will be done in no time!  :cheers:

im hopin so, wanna make this my daily driver, and then its on to the 'cuda!!!!     :woohoo:

wagesofsin

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2009 - 08:49:31 PM »
finished the rocker patches. i made my own cause the repops didnt have any of the geometry of the originals.they were sorta close , but not, if ya get my meaning...   :clueless:
those go all the way back under the quarter.
also found a nice weak spot in the cowl area, and under the windsheild.   :swear:
the drivers side has a serious dip in it for drainage, but my passenger one didnt, so i made it with a slope so it will create drainage.
gonna hang the doors tomorrow, then rip out the trunk and wheel houses.   :woohoo:
once again i submit to you another example of my exemplory photography skills!!! :picture: :smilielol:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2009 - 08:52:50 PM »
Looking pretty good John keep up the good work and before long it will be on to the Cuda.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

wagesofsin

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009 - 08:00:15 PM »
got the doors hung, and the lines are gonna be perfect.(in my eyes at least)
and of course thats all that actually matters haha.

:woo: :woohoo:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009 - 11:45:22 PM »
Progressing right along there with it.  Can not wait to start on mine some day.  Good job and keep up the good work.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009 - 12:27:59 AM »
Looking good John. Soon as I get mine stripped the rest of the way I will be doing mine. Maybe I should just drop it off at your place :roflsmiley:
Chris, Ohio