Author Topic: The South gives two away  (Read 4978 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: The South gives two away
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009 - 10:03:38 AM »
The Steeler secondary coverage has drastically improved the last couple years, but Warner and Fitzgerald will be a duo to deal with for sure. The "playoff" Cards certainly are a different team then who played the regulat season, hell, I didn't even expect them to get by Atlanta. All I know is yesterday there were 4 "bird" teams and then THE STEELERS, and I know a Steel plate can bend the hell out of any bird's beak.  :roflsmiley:  If the Steeler can slow down the passing of the Cards they win #6, if not it will be a blow out for the Cards. I'm a Steeler man, but I'm old enough to also be realistic, fan emotions don't win the games.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009 - 10:47:04 AM »
Has any team ever won the SB that gave up more than 35 points in 4 different games after November 23rd?  :dunno:

Nov 23 NYG 37 @ ARI 29 
Nov 27 ARI 20 @ PHI 48 
Dec 14 MIN 35 @ ARI 14 
Dec 21 ARI 7 @ NE 47

I'll put it this way. If Pitt did that I would have no confidence they would win the SB, but that's just me. 

Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline lumpy

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009 - 11:37:25 AM »
 It's who plays best in January ( and February), and of the four teams that played yesterday, I would say the Cardinals looked the best. If they can put two halves together,like yesterday's first half, they will beat the Steelers. Of course I will be rooting for them, being an Iowa native (Warner played arena ball in Iowa) and now living in Arizona!! GO CARDS!!!

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009 - 12:02:37 PM »
I must have missed what Arizona did to make McNabb throw all those passes behind the receivers and at thier feet, what they did to make the receivers drop the passes right in their hands and what they did to make Akers miss those two kicks.  :clueless: I guess it was that dominant defense they have. The Steelers haven't won 14 games this year with the toughest schedule in the NFL by dropping passes and blowing defensive assignments.  :grinno:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline lumpy

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009 - 12:27:26 PM »
It was the Eagles' game to loose, and they did. Warner did what Mcnabb should have done. Mcnabb had all day long in the pocket. Was it his fault that his receivers could not get open? Give credit to Arizona's pass protection. The Eagles' defense and offensive line in the second half was nothing short of awesome, but they seemed to have lost the game in the first half. Being down three touchdowns and coming back to almost win it made for a great game to watch. I must admit that I did not watch the entire AFC game, but from what I saw, neither team looked like Superbowl material. When the Steelers massacre the Cards in 43, feel free to gloat!! :2thumbs:

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009 - 12:43:33 PM »
I am a cards fan guess I always will be.  I hope they do win again.   
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009 - 02:50:41 PM »
I like routing for underdogs like last year was. So go Cards.
Hopefully it won't be a blow out Superbowl but another exciting one to watch.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009 - 03:25:09 PM »
I must admit that I did not watch the entire AFC game, but from what I saw, neither team looked like Superbowl material.

The Eagles had 454 yards yesterday. It wasn't that the Arizona defense played a great game. I wouldn't even call that a good game. They actually played bad enough to lose any other game. The Eagles should have scored 40+ points. Too many bad throws, dropped passes and missed kicks. It was what it was. It certainly wasn't what I would consider a "convincing" win.  :grinno:  Beating a team for the third time in a year though, like Pitt did to Baltimore, that's convincing. :grinyes:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009 - 05:06:34 PM »
I don't think the Steeler's defense has given up 300 yards all year in a game. I truly doubt Warner will be playing pitch and catch with Larry Fitzgerald all day long. This isn't going to be a high scoring game, in my opinion.   :2cents:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009 - 06:05:24 PM »
The Cards made the plays when it counted. Yeah they let Philly back in it but the defense played very solid from what I saw. The Cards are going to give the Steelers all they can handle...more than they can handle actually. Pittsburgh's offense is not going to be the problem for the Cardinals, it is the defense. If they can make something happen and keep changing things up I have no doubt that the Cards can win it. I will say that on paper the Steelers are the stronger team but its whoever shows up on any given Sunday that counts.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline lumpy

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009 - 06:13:27 PM »
Wow, believe what you want to believe about the Cardinals, the fact is that they beat the Eagles and are going to the Superbowl. I thought that they looked good yesterday, but what do I know? I usually don't even watch a game all season until into the playoffs. I admit that my knowledge of football is very limited, but I still gotta cheer on Good Ol' Iowa Boy Kurt Warner and my adopted state of Arizona, Go Cards!! :2thumbs:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009 - 06:17:49 PM »
I don't have a dog in the fight.  The Falcons lost to the Cards in round 1, so I am just a watcher.  I really don't care who wins, I just hope it is a good game and not a blow out by either team.  I will say that the Ravens-Steelers game had some of the hardest hitting I have seen in a while.    :eek4:   

BTW --  Y'all better keep your eye on the Falcons, they are only a player or two away from being one of the NFL elite teams.  Just my biased 0.02....      :bigshades:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009 - 07:25:19 PM »

BTW --  Y'all better keep your eye on the Falcons, they are only a player or two away from being one of the NFL elite teams.  Just my biased 0.02....      :bigshades:   

I hope that player isn't Michael Vick after he gets out of jail.    :eek7:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009 - 07:28:38 PM »
I hope that player isn't Michael Vick after he gets out of jail.    :eek7:

He might play again in the NFL, but it won't be for Atlanta..   :grinno:   The NFL should keep him out, but they let Pac-Man and Ray Lewis keep playing.  Lewis got away with serious stuff in Atlanta.  He was 6 feet away from a murder, with blood in his limo and he said he didn't see anything...    :screwy:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009 - 08:15:54 PM »
Sorry if I don't get excited about offense. I thought what wins Super Bowls in the NFL was once again made clear last year when NE scored 589 points during the season and lost the SB anyway. They had a pretty good QB and receiver themselves named Brady and Moss. They set an NFL record for TD passes and scored 315 more points than they gave up, setting another offensive record.

When you live by the pass, you die by the pass. When you live by having the best D in 20 years, you're never out of any game. You never get beat 47-7 or 56-35. Even the most Jaded homer football fan has to admit that's pretty bad:poopoke: