Author Topic: The South gives two away  (Read 4982 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: The South gives two away
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009 - 08:31:24 PM »
Sorry if I don't get excited about offense. I thought what wins Super Bowls in the NFL was once again made clear last year when NE scored 589 points during the season and lost the SB anyway. They had a pretty good QB and receiver themselves named Brady and Moss. They set an NFL record for TD passes and scored 315 more points than they gave up, setting another offensive record.

When you live by the pass, you die by the pass. When you live by having the best D in 20 years, you're never out of any game. You never get beat 47-7 or 56-35. Even the most Jaded homer football fan has to admit that's pretty bad:poopoke:

I predict you will get plenty excited when the Cards win the Superbowl. And I agree about Ray Lewis, he makes the worst of the Cowboys offenders look like a Cub Scout. Every team has its thugs but that guy has the whole defense playing dirty, action after the tackle and all that. I love how he was sitting on the bench while his teammate is getting placed on a backboard...... until the cameras starting homing in on him, he got up and knelt down on the field like a humble choir boy....all for show.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009 - 09:02:09 PM »
Of course you can choose to believe that the Cards are not what they have proven to be all year. That's what Eagles fans thought and what SD fans thought too. Thier poor regular season records don't matter in the playoffs and now they are suddenly a much better team with the same exact players and coaches. That 9-7 Card's record was just a fluke because they are really a 14-2 team that just didn't play like it for most of the year. And Pitt? Those best defensive stats in 20 years and 12-4 record with the toughest schedule in the NFL was just a fluke too, as is Ben's 7-2 record in the playoffs which is the second best in history for someone with that many years and his most ever wins for a 5 year player and superbowl win a few years ago all mean nothing. They are just over-rated.

And then you woke up...   :smilielol:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009 - 09:07:49 PM »
I am not emotionally invested in the Superbowl so I dont have to wake up because I am not asleep. I just feel that it is the Cards time regardless of stats. Stats sta sta sta sta st sssssssssstaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttts. Anyway you say it they are only a predetermination of what SHOULD be, not what will be.   :bigsmile:
*Brett*

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009 - 09:43:59 PM »
What LV is saying son far.

Date & Time     Favorite Line       Underdog Total
2/1 6:18 ET      Pittsburgh -7        Arizona 47

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009 - 10:08:43 PM »
Only 7 points?  :clueless: I thought it would be 10 to 14.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009 - 10:52:47 PM »

I have a feeling no matter which way it goes it will be a close one. Both conference championships were pretty close for a while. It is always nice to have a close game unless you have a stake in it. I always liked my team winning by a good margin so I would not have a heart attack lol.
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009 - 11:16:50 PM »
This will be one for the other thumb, and one for the troops.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009 - 08:32:17 AM »

Vegas wants betting money, if they make the spread too much in this case people won't put money on the Steelers because the spread they would have to cover, but with a smaller spread people will bet on the Steelers  beleiveing that the spread won't make a difference. Consequently as it now stands for a bet on Pitt. to win the Steelers must win by more than 7 points. For a bet on the Cards, obviously it makes no difference as long as they win the game. Right? The point spread is business only.

I just want my boys the STEELERS to win baby. And other than that I know that the Cards. O line are going to be one tired buch.............they truly have not seen anything like what will be coming at Warner. However Wisenhut (sp?) just came from the Steeler organization as the O.cordinator, he knows a few things about the opponet............and he should be a little more than nervous. Knowing and stopping are two different things !   :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009 - 08:39:46 AM by whitesatinmopar »
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009 - 09:33:36 AM »
Vegas wants betting money, if they make the spread too much in this case people won't put money on the Steelers because the spread they would have to cover, but with a smaller spread people will bet on the Steelers  beleiveing that the spread won't make a difference. Consequently as it now stands for a bet on Pitt. to win the Steelers must win by more than 7 points. For a bet on the Cards, obviously it makes no difference as long as they win the game. Right? The point spread is business only.

I just want my boys the STEELERS to win baby. And other than that I know that the Cards. O line are going to be one tired buch.............they truly have not seen anything like what will be coming at Warner. However Wisenhut (sp?) just came from the Steeler organization as the O.cordinator, he knows a few things about the opponet............and he should be a little more than nervous. Knowing and stopping are two different things !   :cheers:

Google; cards steelers super bowl analysis.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009 - 09:35:08 AM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009 - 11:07:28 AM »
It's a personal thing for sure, but in more than one way. Ben HATES their coach and I think you will see him have the game of his NFL career in this SB. One of the Ravens said "Ben is a sandlot player, and a damn good one". There is no way to prepare for a QB that makes it up as he goes along. It's much easier to prep for a guy that's stands in the pocket like a mannequin. It's very tiring for a defense to be chasing around a QB the whole game. I think you saw that in the Ravens game. They were sucking wind in the 4th quarter and they didn't know where he was going to run to. He doesn't know until he takes off. :lol: You can only commit so many defensive people to one guy before you expose your secondary to big plays. 

So it'll come down to a coach that has a personal grudge because he was passed by when they replaced Cowher, but who doesn't play on the field and can't do anything to personally affect the outcome of the game, and a QB that's playing great ball who has a 7-2 playoff record, a SB ring and more wins than any QB in NFL history with 5 years in the league that can. Who would you bet on? 

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2009 - 06:55:41 PM »
The spread changed by only half a point in the last 2 weeks.
 Pittsburgh -6.5 Arizona
Mike, Fremont, CA.