Author Topic: Definetly a shot in the dark... Looking for a Superbird.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline monzanut

Definetly a shot in the dark... Looking for a Superbird.
« on: January 12, 2009 - 06:29:15 PM »
I am a huge fan of the Superbirds. I am looking for a barn find, field found or even a salvage yard sitter.
Something that has to be totally rebuilt.  Can anybody lead me in a direction. I will travel anywhere. within reason. (The States).  It is going to be my next project car.  
I have a 75 monza race car. I also have a 55 chevy street machine. we even have a jr dragster.
Now it is time to start another project. A big one.  A SUPERBIRD.... it will be totally restored to original. I want a head turner of a car. something that will hardly ever make it out of the garage. Unless shows. it will take years to finish. and alot of money. I know this. But i am already started with all the catalogs and rare find parts. Now i just need a good starter car.  can anybody help me out. email me at james_strn@yahoo.com or call me at 267-474-6772.
thanks for all the help.  Jim

Offline country_ck

Re: Definetly a shot in the dark... Looking for a Superbird.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009 - 01:51:31 PM »
I used to know where one was here in Montana.  I haven't driven that way in a while.  It may take me some time, but I'll look for it.  It wasn't in great shape and I "think" he wanted $75,000 for it.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009 - 08:56:19 PM »
I used to know where one was here in Montana.  I haven't driven that way in a while.  It may take me some time, but I'll look for it.  It wasn't in great shape and I "think" he wanted $75,000 for it.
I'm in Bozeman.  Is the car anywhere near hear?  I could take a look at it for Monza.  Don't worry, I don't have 75k, I can barely afford to keep my challenger project going.
Phil

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009 - 02:21:42 PM »
I'll be in western Montana (Missoula, Bozeman, Helena & Great Falls) the week of May 24th, so if it's anywhere in that path I could stop by and see it as well.  And not to worry either, because I don't have the time, money or interest in another project!

Charlie 70 Challenger
69 Camaro RS
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA