Author Topic: hydraulic throw out for tremec  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Mopar73340

Re: hydraulic throw out for tremec
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009 - 05:59:14 PM »
Good evening guys -
The system that Classic Motorsports is using is a Tilton master cylinder with a Ram Throw out bearing.  The throw out bearing uses a two line set to bleed the system properly and quickly.  The worst thing to fight with a hydraulic installation is air in the system.  The system comes with a variety of reserviors for remote location, firewall mount with a backing plate and all the required hardware for the installation.  Please note that none of these parts are modified to fit the application but carefully matched and road tested.

As far as bell housings go.  The options are becoming more and more every day.  You have the cast options, Quick Time and Lakewood Scattershields.  As far the modifications to an existing bell housing....this can be done, however, please keep in mind that the factory bell housing are almost 40 years old.  For those that have an old Lakewood, please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you the machining drawing for the modification.

If you do not want to go the hydraulic route, you can still reuse the factory z-bar and linkage and save about $200.00 in the auto to manual conversion.  Note - all the z-bar's and linkages are available on the open market from B/E & A in the U.S. or P&G Classics in Canada.  Pedal sets are available for $189.00 from these companies are better than original.

Feel free to ask questions!  Thanks -

Tony Edler
Classic Mopar 5 Speed

Would be nice if you sold the Hydraulic clutch setup seperate from the rest of the trans.
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009 - 08:07:59 PM »
Yup bleed what you can from the bleeder & then pump it for a few days or weeks until the rest of the air goes ou tthe top into the reservoir , or better yet repolace it with a properly designed part  :banghead:
Kind of thought that might be it :walkaway:
Dave

Offline dtedler

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009 - 01:24:16 PM »

Would be nice if you sold the Hydraulic clutch setup seperate from the rest of the trans.

Now that just not right!  Please PM me for my cell phone number and I will take your order for help you get what you need.  Note: The hydraulics are for the Tremec Transmission....not the 833.  The 833 Hydraulics will be around April....New throw out bearing design from RAM.