Author Topic: Cease Fire  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
Cease Fire
« on: January 16, 2009 - 10:35:46 AM »
I'm not making this up ( maybe a bit out of context tho ).

From a news article:

Israel demands a halt to Hamas rocket attacks into southern Israel and internationally backed guarantees that Hamas will not rearm by smuggling weapons into the tiny Mediterranean strip, which it has controlled since 2007.

The response:

"We will not accept Israel's conditions for a cease-fire," Mashaal told the summit.

I guess Isreal is just being unreasonable.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline farmertan

Re: Cease Fire
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009 - 10:59:27 AM »
i really think hamass wants this conflict in hopes that another country like iran will step in and start slinging missiles at isreal.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009 - 12:19:50 PM »
The hardcore Hamas (who won power several years ago) wants to wipe Isreal from the area.  The average person of Gaza just wants to live and get along.  You have to remember that this conflict goes back a 1000 yrs.  You would hope that newer generations would be willing to look for peace.  Go figure.

Walt 

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009 - 08:17:32 PM »
there are only 2 things that will bring peace over there.turn the entire regeun into a big sheet of glass (nukes) or the second coming of CHRIST. :2cents:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009 - 08:25:35 PM »

For the most part those countries who fight like this are bunch of f#%ken idiots, just a bunch of radicals.
They're like kids in a school yard. It's a shame some pockets of humans can't evolve and grow up.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009 - 09:53:35 PM »
rubble dont make trouble .  go Israel go .

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009 - 10:00:25 PM »
there are only 2 things that will bring peace over there.turn the entire regeun into a big sheet of glass (nukes) or the second coming of CHRIST. :2cents:
If they just blew up mecca those clowns wouldnt know what  direction to pray . :cheers:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009 - 11:20:38 PM »

It's the age old story when you get down to it and past prefrences.

...my  god's better than your god, my god's better than yours...
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline jims70cuda

• My car photos
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009 - 01:42:58 AM »
It's the age old story when you get down to it and past prefrences.

...my  god's better than your god, my god's better than yours...

The irony is that it is the same God!!!!
cuda-challenger.com's resident ricer
1970 'Cuda 340 727 w/ 3.91 "Project"
Lemon Twist, black vinyl top, Hockey Stick, Go-Wing, Louvers
2004 SRT 4 "Scarlet"
Flame red, AAR 'Cuda Stripes, 1/4 mile - 13.4 @ 109 on street tires

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009 - 08:15:33 AM »
They don't believe in the same God. There are very fundamental differences.
Matt

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009 - 08:39:52 AM »

....Yup, just like Western civilizations there are a few different Gods. Nothing wrong with having different Gods or beliefs but while killing in the name of maybe an awesome song it's not a way of life. ;) I maybe incorrect there because doesn't Al Qaeda believe Alah who they think asks for blood of non believers?! Anyhow, it's a waste of time even thinking about it.......those scum should be burnt alive, honestly.

Well, that's a happy and charming start to the day, time for some breakfast..........  :lol2:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009 - 09:08:08 AM »

The irony is that it is the same God!!!!
  No way, the Jewish/Christian God speaks of love and peace, the hamas book tells to kill all non believers of their religion. Their god is dead and they worship his bones at Mecca.
  hamas are commited to the wiping out of Israel and every Jew.   :22yikes:

Dave

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009 - 10:11:51 AM »
That area is a center for trouble, a cancer to humanity world wide. I don't care who beleives what, they don't deserve to exist and we as a nation  should forget about them. They will never cease fighting as long as they exist. As someone locally said in the morning paper,............"The last good news to come out of the middle east was from the three wise men".  However that news is perhaps the root of the problem, at least between those brothers. What a mess.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009 - 10:29:15 AM »
 :iagree:     As someone famous once said, (I can't remember who at the moment), "the violence here will NEVER END until the fanatics learn to LOVE their children MORE than they HATE our children".   Think about that one for a minute.   :bigshades:   

Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009 - 12:43:22 PM »
    No way, the Jewish/Christian God speaks of love and peace, the hamas book tells to kill all non believers of their religion. Their god is dead and they worship his bones at Mecca.
  hamas are commited to the wiping out of Israel and every Jew.   :22yikes:

To be fair, if one absolutely WANT to find passages about annahilating unbelievers, you can find them both in the Bible and the Torah as well. Their God is the same as the Christian / Jewish one, the big difference is about christians and jews not accepting Mohammed as a Prophet and certainly not agreeing to live by the Quran's rules. The way the muslims see it, their religion is the latest reform on how to worship the jewish/christian God and jews/christians are being silly by not accepting it.
Back in the day, Mohammed really really REALLY wanted the jews to accept him as a Prophet, but the jews basically told him to get bent, something that didn't go well with old Moo who got greatly pissed off and declared open season on jews.
Since then the Arabian peninsula has more or less been a judenfrei zone, something that strangely never get mentioned by the ignoranuses that accuses Israel of being an apartheid state.

:iagree:     As someone famous once said, (I can't remember who at the moment), "the violence here will NEVER END until the fanatics learn to LOVE their children MORE than they HATE our children".   Think about that one for a minute.   :bigshades:   

That was Golda Meir. David Ben Gurion once described her as "the only man in the Cabinet."
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***