Author Topic: Cease Fire  (Read 2125 times)

Offline 73EStroker

Re: Cease Fire
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009 - 12:47:44 PM »
A somewhat comparison - I was working in Northern Ireland back in 99-2000 and the British Army had virtually pulled out by then, the IRA conflict was basically over, there were the odd Army patrol where one came around a corner in the country road and was staring down the barrel of a ground mounted machine gun. You get used to it believe it or not.  Yeah, the hangers on IRA types blew up our electricians hotel etc etc but the way this thing ended was for only one reason ------- the kids stopped hating each other and did not want their parents to tell them who to like and who to dislike. The generation gap stopped the conflict. This is how this Hamas - Jew thing must end.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline jims70cuda

• My car photos
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009 - 01:10:33 PM »
    No way, the Jewish/Christian God speaks of love and peace, the hamas book tells to kill all non believers of their religion. Their god is dead and they worship his bones at Mecca.
  hamas are commited to the wiping out of Israel and every Jew.   :22yikes:

Ok, before I get completely blasted, let me put up my defense.

-Jews, Muslims and Christians all believe in the same God (The God of Abraham). That is stated in all three religious texts (Torah, Koran and Bible).

-Ishmael, the son of Abraham and Hagar, was the beginning of the Muslim world. After Ishmael and Hagar left Abraham, they went into what is now Saudi Arabia and made an alter to God. That alter is Mecca and the big black building supposedly houses the original alter of Ishmael.

-Isaac, the son of Abraham and Sarah, began the 12 tribes of Israel.

-Now Jews and Muslims believe that Jesus was a great prophet, but not the Son of God like Christians do. That is the main difference between the 3 ideologies.

-Currently, Hamas and other Muslim extremists have been focused on the waring side of the Koran. Killing all those who don't believe in a strict interpretation of the laws. But the Torah and Bible also has some verses that can be pretty violent and extreme in nature. One example is Numbers Chapter 25. Basically God kills all the Jews who married worshipers of Baal.

-I stand by that God is the same for each religion. The interpretation of the holy texts are different and used to gain power in an unstable region.

As for the fighting in Israel, it will not stop until the Jewish and Muslim moderates take power and can extinguish the voice of fundamentatlism. Which I don't see happening.
cuda-challenger.com's resident ricer
1970 'Cuda 340 727 w/ 3.91 "Project"
Lemon Twist, black vinyl top, Hockey Stick, Go-Wing, Louvers
2004 SRT 4 "Scarlet"
Flame red, AAR 'Cuda Stripes, 1/4 mile - 13.4 @ 109 on street tires

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009 - 01:16:23 PM »
I heard this observation ( OK, I was saying it )

They are too religious to ever have peace.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009 - 01:21:08 PM »
If us Mopar folks can hang out with Chevy and Ford folks at cruise ins and car shows, these folks ought to be able to work it out.....    :bigsmile:     :grinyes:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009 - 04:07:35 PM »
Ultimately Islam and Christianity present two very different gods who may share some similarities but who have different identities and ultimately different standards. To Christians God (Jehovah) the father and Christ are one. God cannot lie and as such he cannot deny himself. To Muslims, Christ is a created being and a servant of Allah. As such Allah & God Jehovah cannot be the same God. To pretend they are the same is patronizing to both Muslims and Christians. Such smoothing over the cracks is also dangerous as it might well prevent people from engaging with the real issues, who is the God who is really there and how can I have a relationship with him.  :angelwings:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009 - 04:12:02 PM »
If us Mopar folks can hang out with Chevy and Ford folks at cruise ins and car shows, these folks ought to be able to work it out.....    :bigsmile:     :grinyes:   

Yeah, I'm sure they all wanna be your buddies when they hear your car pull in  :smilielol:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009 - 04:50:05 PM »
Here's some food for thought, why were the Crusades fought.  Why does the US have a good relationship with Turkey (it's not for oil).

Answer - The Crusades were fought due to religious differences.  Europeans felt that people from the Middle East were non-believers and needed to be converted.  Where have you heard this before.  As for Turkey, it is one of the few Muslim country's that believe in freedom of religion.  My wife and I were in Istanbul last October and noticed that there were a lot of Jewish and Christian places of worship.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009 - 11:35:29 PM »
i really think hamass wants this conflict in hopes that another country like iran will step in and start slinging missiles at isreal.

Bingo.  They're trying to start WWIII.

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009 - 07:48:50 PM »
I can honestly say i have never read two full pages of misinformed dribble .but thats what ya get in a country with 30.000 rouge churches and there beliefs .just build a tailor made church and you have a new religion . look at obama and ellen and dont forget rosy

o'donalds clan . were do they fit in the bible ?. just for farts and giggles look up churches in your communitys yellow pages 30k nation wide ,with that many ideas and  no  facts how can we understand islam .  :useless:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009 - 08:26:06 PM »
It is just unbelievabe how those ignorant towel heads have the whole middle east to themselves and yet they cannot leave Israel and their tiny country alone. I dont blame Israel one bit for bombing their asses. They need to be taught a lesson. I see that the liberal media is trying its best to put a spin on the issue by blaming Israel for the hostilities when it was the rocket boys that started the whole thing.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009 - 08:56:51 PM »
I suppose displacing thousands of people to create Israel probably had nothing to do with it.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009 - 10:14:55 PM »
I suppose displacing thousands of people to create Israel probably had nothing to do with it.

Well Israel could have owned all of Egypt after the one week war so how is asking for their own country too much to ask? Israel has more than earned the right to have their own nation. People look on Israel with disdain but then how many countries have had multiple genocide campaigns set against them?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*