Author Topic: Painting Parts  (Read 672 times)

Offline CUDAMAN1970

Painting Parts
« on: January 17, 2009 - 02:06:06 PM »
I'm planning on painting some parts on my care and am looking for some advice.  What products have members used to paint the following parts:

Master Cylinder
Steering Column, shaft, and sector
Parking Brake Mechanism

Thanks!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Painting Parts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009 - 02:13:48 PM »
I havebeen using Eastwood paints , Detail grey looks identical to bare steel for Park brake mechanisms etc
 steering column I use detaill to cover the inner unpainted shafts & Mar Hyde trim black to do the outer column
 Master cyls I have been using Eastwood Cast color if you want the unpainted look

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009 - 02:18:07 PM »
For the bare metal look I have been using a POR 15 product. Can't remember the name of it, but they only have one I believe other than the coating for the cast manifolds. For the steering column I use a semi gloss black.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline CudaEd

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009 - 06:03:26 PM »
The POR-15 product is called metal mask. I've used it and it works fine, but once you open the lid, shelf life starts counting down. I've also used an product called ground coat by dupli-color. It's supposed to be a base for simulating metallic finishes but I've used it applying two coats with great sucess. It comes in areosol and is also heat resistant to 500F. Good luck.