Author Topic: Somebody had to do it  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Slotts

Somebody had to do it
« on: January 19, 2009 - 06:38:33 AM »
Going for six!  :woo:

Slotts

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Somebody had to do it
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009 - 08:31:33 AM »

:bananasmi    :ylsuper:    :jumping:   :clapping:   :woo:   :woohoo:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009 - 09:51:26 AM »
Thank God for a great defence !  Here we go STEELERS, here we go !  :2thumbs:  :cheers: And I still say that ex Cleveland Brown turd of an offensive cord. has to go. He was sussessful in "killing" some good talented QB's for the browns. What, did he have Parker run outside the tackles maybe three times, every time up between the tackles he sends him..............  :pullinghair:

I hope Pittsburgh can draft Gatreel Johnson out of Col. State, with Parker and (oh,  :banghead: I can't remember his name now, we picked him up from Minn.), anyway, that threesome will be a total run attack package as far as I'm concerned.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009 - 11:21:05 AM »
Thank God for a great defence !  Here we go STEELERS, here we go !  :2thumbs:  :cheers: And I still say that ex Cleveland Brown turd of an offensive cord. has to go. He was sussessful in "killing" some good talented QB's for the browns. What, did he have Parker run outside the tackles maybe three times, every time up between the tackles he sends him..............  :pullinghair:

I hope Pittsburgh can draft Gatreel Johnson out of Col. State, with Parker and (oh,  :banghead: I can't remember his name now, we picked him up from Minn.), anyway, that threesome will be a total run attack package as far as I'm concerned.  :2thumbs:

Jim,

The running back you are thinking of is Mewelde Moore. I agree that Bruce Arians no imagination. Have you noticed how well the Steelers move the ball in the no-huddle offense? That's because Ben calls the plays in that situation.

Poor Raven....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009 - 11:59:25 AM by MEK-Dangerfield »

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009 - 11:41:41 AM »
Fortunately the next team Pitt plays isn't the 2nd best defense in the NFL. In the most important stat, points allowed, Ariz is 28th.  ;D
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009 - 11:43:53 AM »
Jim,

The running back you are thinking of is Mewelde Moore. I agree that Bruce Arians no imagination. Have you noticed how well the Steelers move the ball in the no-huddle offense? That's because Ben calls the plays in that situation.

Great Pic!!!!  I can't stand the Ravens for two reasons - they have a habit of beating the Dolphins in the playoffs and I hate Ray Lewis.  He may be a great football player but I think is is just a thug in a uniform.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009 - 11:42:30 AM »
The sun rising over Pittsburgh today...

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

kudakidd

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009 - 07:55:41 PM »
What short memories we have. Does anyone remember the Patriots upsetting the "Greatest Show on Turf". AZ has nothing to lose, and that friends, makes them dangerous.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009 - 11:45:31 PM »
NE just showed that a good defense beats a good offense. The rams had a horrible defense to go with their great offense and couldn't stop NE when they had to. They won games back then by outscoring their opponents, just like Arizona does.

I think if you look back coming into this season Pitt was picked 2nd or even 3rd in their division. With the toughest schedule in the NFL (and some said ever) looming, a new coach and coming off a 10-6 season and first round loss in the playoffs to the Jags few gave them any chance to be in the Superbowl this year (I can think of nobody that did..) The consensus SB favorite was Dallas, with of course NE winning the AFC. There were also high hopes for SD and Jacksonville and even Indy and Tennessee. Even half way through the season few were betting against the Titans and Giants to be in the big game. Pitt was just slotted into the "Possible Wildcard" group with a killer 4 game stretch with NE, Dallas, Baltimore and Tennessee back-to-back starting November 30th and with the Ravens having a much easier schedule. Nobody thought Pitt would win 8 of their last 9 games. :grinno:

So that dog don't hunt that Arizona is the only dangerous team that isn't supposed to be there. Chris Berman on ESPN picked both SD AND Baltimore to upset Pitt in the playoffs. It was surely a fluke that Pitt beat them both (the Ravens twice) in the regular season. Pitt couldn't possibly beat SD twice and the Ravens Thrice. After all, the #1 AFC seed Tennessee couldn't beat the Ravens twice even with two weeks rest. 
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009 - 09:15:03 AM »
 :iagree:  71chally416, right on and last year MEK and I had relegated ourselves to agee that with by far the toughest schedule of any NFL team in the last 25 years, as sad as it appeared, we both felt an 8-8 season looming. As I have posted elsewhere, the Steelers should at this time actually have but 1 defeat, the other losses well "given" away though bad decisions, non forced turnovers, and poor play selection, and some early on injuries. But due to secondary coverages greatly improving and the other usual great defense we are where we are.  :bananasmi  :cheers:

BTW, N.E. had the easiest schedule of any NFL team starting this season, which makes absolutely no sense. They just came out of the 2008 Super Bowl  :dunno: "Someone" wanted N.E. to return. Brady went down, but honestly his backup has done a super job, 11-5 is a prety good record, a lot of teams would love that, cheesey cupcake schedule or not.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MoparTat

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009 - 04:26:43 PM »
Stirring the pot a little... the Titans should be sitting in the run for the playoffs... we got screwed against the Ravens  :hyper: Piss poor calls by the ref's, way too many turnovers on our end (where were the 9-0 Titans from the start of the season???), I could go on.... :swear:

Frankly, I hope AZ wins the Superbowl..... :misbehaving:
Audio Engineer
Mopar Enthusiast

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009 - 01:02:41 AM »
The Titans really finished the season with a flurry losing 3 or their last 4 including a loss to the mighty Texans, a 23-0 shutout to Indy and then the loss to the Ravens. They obviously just ran out of gas.  :dunno: