Author Topic: It's a STROKER!!!!!  (Read 1002 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
It's a STROKER!!!!!
« on: January 19, 2009 - 04:19:01 PM »
Well finally after much humming and hawwing I got off the pot and decided what to do. I was back and forth about pulling my existing 440 in my Challenger and tearing it down or taking the bone stock unassembled 400 in the corner of my garage and building a stroker with it or doing something different. I now have an assembled 440 short block. It's a 543 STROKER!! Thanks for all the input from all. I'm goin' for the gusto (Thanks Jason). It's got a 440source stroker kit installed. I will be using 440 source Stealth heads which will have a full port job. (different springs and retainers). A custom ground hyd roller cam by cam motion. It should make 625 to 650 ponies!! I am still unsure of what carb to use and headers. I have a brand new 750 street HP Holley on my 440, but it will be a wee bit small on the stroker. Should a load of fun. basically a street driver, but will see some weekend strip time. As Tool Time Time says, "More Power, Ar...arr...arrrrh!! :woo: :woo: :woo: I am still as always open for useful suggestions & wisecrack comments!!

Matt B.
Matt

nivvy

Re: It's a STROKER!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009 - 04:25:20 PM »
Well finally after much humming and hawwing I got off the pot and decided what to do. I was back and forth about pulling my existing 440 in my Challenger and tearing it down or taking the bone stock unassembled 400 in the corner of my garage and building a stroker with it or doing something different. I now have an assembled 440 short block. It's a 543 STROKER!! Thanks for all the input from all. I'm goin' for the gusto (Thanks Jason). It's got a 440source stroker kit installed. I will be using 440 source Stealth heads which will have a full port job. (different springs and retainers). A custom ground hyd roller cam by cam motion. It should make 625 to 650 ponies!! I am still unsure of what carb to use and headers. I have a brand new 750 street HP Holley on my 440, but it will be a wee bit small on the stroker. Should a load of fun. basically a street driver, but will see some weekend strip time. As Tool Time Time says, "More Power, Ar...arr...arrrrh!! :woo: :woo: :woo: I am still as always open for useful suggestions & wisecrack comments!!

Matt B.

The stealth heads do not flow enough for 543 cubes... it will work but certainaly not optimal....  did you buy the kit from 440 source or how did you get the kit..... for that many cubes you would ATLEAST need full cnc's 440-1 or proabaly 572-13's which lots of guys run the 572-13's on 540+ cubes ....  :scared:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009 - 04:34:52 PM »
The stroker kit is from 440 source. Of course you know where the heads are from. I am not looking to build a race car, but just a strong street rider. I knew the heads out of the box would need to be opened up , but Kurt seemed to think they would do Ok with a really good port job. He built a few motors with these heads, but not sure if he did a 543. Thanks for the info. I will look into it!!                                                        Matt B.
Matt

nivvy

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009 - 04:44:04 PM »
The stroker kit is from 440 source. Of course you know where the heads are from. I am not looking to build a race car, but just a strong street rider. I knew the heads out of the box would need to be opened up , but Kurt seemed to think they would do Ok with a really good port job. He built a few motors with these heads, but not sure if he did a 543. Thanks for the info. I will look into it!!                                                        Matt B.

I would get a girdle also...... what type of caps are in the pic..... ???

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009 - 04:46:43 PM »
Thanks for the input Jason. I'm not sure on the caps. Oh, I hope you are starting to feel more like yourself!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

nivvy

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009 - 06:28:03 PM »
Thanks for the input Jason. I'm not sure on the caps. Oh, I hope you are starting to feel more like yourself!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.

I quit being stubborn and started taking the pain pills they gave me. I dont like pills but it is helping for sure  :grinyes:

Aluminum caps is an option also..... BCR does both in their kit  :2thumbs: