Author Topic: My Iroc R/T  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
Re: My Iroc R/T
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2009 - 08:45:55 PM »
Sorry buddy, that was in my pre-digital camera days.  And I plan on keeping the badge, I have a whole bunch from cars I've parted or found (legally got, not stolen from).  Sorry.

Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline DmanSRT69

• Diggin' holes is fun
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2009 - 12:51:30 AM »
I wouldn't mind a ralley dash for my 73 cuda....plus cash from my side of course.
lol  oh, and exhaust tips, and the trans kick down linkages (318/904), legendary seat covers (black), carpet (black), 3:55 sure-grip (8 3/4),

But here are some photos of what I could find (2 things)...I can't place the box the emblems are in yet, so they're not on the block yet.   ???

So, on to the IROC R/T stuff - we're Chrysler Daytona here in Canada.  Much higher class lol   :bananasmi

I left the sensor picture big so you're completely informed....

Awesome pull-out - haven't we all said that at one point or another in our lives?  :rofl:

Hey Darren
Can't trade my Cuda,MINE! :bigshades:But I am interested in the other stuff and would love to see some pics of them also?Please. :smilielol:Do you need anything for your car? :cheers:
                           Doug

Offline DmanSRT69

• Diggin' holes is fun
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2009 - 09:58:23 PM »
There's nothing like killing a thread with a single post  !!

:dunno:
 :blah:
 :poopoke:
  :2thumbs:
I wouldn't mind a ralley dash for my 73 cuda....plus cash from my side of course.
lol  oh, and exhaust tips, and the trans kick down linkages (318/904), legendary seat covers (black), carpet (black), 3:55 sure-grip (8 3/4),

But here are some photos of what I could find (2 things)...I can't place the box the emblems are in yet, so they're not on the block yet.   ???

So, on to the IROC R/T stuff - we're Chrysler Daytona here in Canada.  Much higher class lol   :bananasmi

Offline plumbeeper

• Sponsor
    • WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009 - 12:34:36 PM »
The Shelby's and IROC's have been good to us for several years. We currently own a 93 IROC (green one) and a 93 RT (black one).

The first one we bought was an 86 Shelby, maroon with silver stripes. Loved that car, very peppy, wifes daily driver. She totalled it one day on the way to work. Somebody ran through a red light and she T-boned them going 60mph. We bought it from the insurance company for $500, parted it out and made a little over $3,000.

The second was an 89 blue, had around 90,000 miles on it when we heard in 93 that was going to be the last year for the Daytonas. We decided to get a new one late in the year before they were all gone. It was the week before Christmas when we called the local Dodge dealership. They said there were two IROC RT's left, one black and one green. She wanted the green one. We had about 10,000 miles on it in 6 months when some old couple ran us off the road. It hit a stump and rolled. Total loss. We fought with the insurance company over the value. They said it was only worth $15,000. They base the value on what they sell for on the used auctions. Since there were only 181 of them made, they were not selling through the auctions so they used a base Daytona and added the options we had to come up with the value. I didn't agree with them so I set out to find another one. We were looking at an 84 black Shelby that someone had for sale and noticed in his driveway was a black 93RT. (the one we still currently own) but he said he was having too much fun and did not want to sell it right now so we bought another 89 Shelby red and silver AT. This one was special ordered from a Chrysler plant worker at his retirement. It had nearly every option you could have including T-tops. She really liked it but we kept looking for another 93 RT. I bugged that guy with the black one every month for a year until he finally sold it to us. It had 10,000 miles on it when he bought it and 12,000 miles when he sold it to us. We sold the red 89 for what we paid for it.

A little over two years ago, we noticed in the Indiana trader magazine, a 93 IROC green that was listed for $10,500 and claimed to have only 500 miles on it. We decided that it was worth looking at since the black one was getting some miles and little problems here and there. The green one was ordered by a Chrysler employee right before he retired and stored it thinking it would be worth a lot of money someday. Meanwhile a divorce later, his wife ended up getting the car, she didn't want it so she decided to sell it. We talked her down to $8250 and drove away with a new car only having 512 miles on it. Where can you buy a brand new car nowadays for that? When it had about 1500 miles on it, we took it down to the dealer to have the oil changed on it. The service guy asks when the last oil change was done on it before he even seen the car. You should have seen the look on his face when we said the oil had never been changed on it since it left the factory. He's thinking this car is 13 years old and never had the oil changed, what kind of mess he's going to have. He asks if it smoked, was running alright knocking, ticking etc. It was really hard to keep a straight face. They get it into the shop and the mechanic says to another one, "Hey this thing still has the original filter on it." He had a hard time getting the filter off.

The RT has about 120,000 miles on it and the IROC has about 10,000 miles on it now. Both running great, hope they last forever. The RT is showing quite a bit of wear, needs a paint job real bad.

Here's a picture of them from a couple years ago when we got the IROC. Also while trying to prove my case with the insurance company on the value for the wrecked one, I got a print out from Chrysler with the total shipments of 93 Daytonas. Thought it would be some good information for some of you guys.

Dave

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2009 - 03:29:50 PM »
There's nothing like killing a thread with a single post  !!

:dunno:
 :blah:
 :poopoke:
  :2thumbs:
He didn't kill it I forgot about it,sorry.I am gonna hold off on buying any cracked sensors right now,I am one to drive my cars everywhere and it wouldn't be in my best interest to chance getting stuck somewhere.Plus right now I am elbows deep into the blue Daytona,found the coolant leak.
                                        Doug

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009 - 03:53:29 PM »
Hey Plumbeeper
I always get a kick out of that story about your cars,And I know what you mean,once you have been out in one of these R/Ts,Your hooked. :cheers:
I know these cars have there share of problems,But so did the Hemi.If you weren't a mechanic,that hemi could turn into a turd real fast and a lot of them got changed out to 440's just to be more reliable.Plus Take a hemi car on a trip,a real crowd pleaser yes,but you wouldn't leave it parked on the side of the road.I drive mine everywhere,was up at Albany medical center in Albany NY. last weekend to visit a family member and I totally enjoyed the ride up and back on RT90.I am trying to get the cash together right now for a new paint job(damn primer)and I am on the lookout for a couple of things -Rear side window louvers,IrocR/T frt fender emblems and the overhead console garage door opener door.I also have the VIP summary report on it now.                                   Doug

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009 - 08:40:31 PM »
...And I know what you mean,once you have been out in one of these R/Ts,Your hooked. :cheers:...

That's kind of how I am with my Mitsubishi-built Dodge.  I love the styling of it and the power levels you achieve are very impressive, even more when there is that much power on tap. :drool:  Good luck with your blue one and this one looks very nice. :cheers: :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009 - 10:02:53 PM »
and the overhead console garage door opener door.

I bought a couple for my 90's new from Mopar not that long ago.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2009 - 12:39:21 AM »
I know this might be a little off topic but how do the Spirit R/T's run? I dont know if its still there but I found a white 5 speed car about 2 years ago that I could probably get for next to nothing. Are they any good?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2009 - 04:58:44 AM »
I know this might be a little off topic but how do the Spirit R/T's run? I dont know if its still there but I found a white 5 speed car about 2 years ago that I could probably get for next to nothing. Are they any good?
I would love to find one for a parts car(for spare drivetrain parts)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2009 - 05:01:11 PM »

Maybe this will help you decide.....
http://www.moparaction.com/extra/13Flat.html
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2009 - 05:32:57 PM »
I just got the white Iroc Daytona thats up by the garage,long story but I have a great wife.She was mad at first,but has since gotten over it :roflsmiley:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2009 - 06:07:07 PM »
So you have 3 now Clown? Cool.  :woo:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2009 - 06:08:06 PM »
Congrats on finding another car to feed the addiction. :cheers: :lol2:  It looks to be in very nice shape, too. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2009 - 10:08:43 AM »
3 it is :roflsmiley:The car had all the bodywork done on it and painted,except the hood and the door ground effects.And had been inside on jackstands for the last 4-5 years.It also has the Agate leather interior with the power exec.driver seat.I put the side glass back in it and painted the inside floors white Saturday after it was dropped off and started to reassemble it.