Author Topic: Check this out about Funk ........  (Read 21828 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Check this out about Funk ........
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009 - 02:52:03 PM »
I posted the same news in the Swiss and German Forums:

http://www.mopar-forum.de/
aus dem Schweizer Forum

and

http://www.mopars.ch/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?29/11025

Post it on the whole world :bigsmile:

You aren't bringing up nothing new for us here. He is a well known rip off.    Been that way for years

Offline 4yuckfous

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009 - 03:02:23 PM »
I know, thats a old storry for you guys.
I just wanted to let you know, that he is on the market again.
But whe in Switzerland can't understand, how somebody like that can open a new business just like that.
Don't you have law's to prevent that this story can start all over again ?
The streets don't get wider, if you drive slower !

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009 - 03:07:23 PM »
Yeah, I know it sucks. That predator has really never went away.  He just goes and goes.   So you are right. Word of mouth is everyones best defense.   Not sure about international laws, but you are doing well bringing attention like you are for everyone. 

Offline 4yuckfous

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009 - 03:12:21 PM »
Thank you Al :cheers:
I will do my best
The streets don't get wider, if you drive slower !

Offline Slotts

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009 - 04:24:08 PM »
I will do my best

You have! Very good detective work. Thank you for alerting everyone. :2thumbs:

There are no longer any offerings under the name of Zimmerzllc on Ebay, too.

Slotts

Offline lumpy

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009 - 04:58:55 PM »
So these guys are bad :dunno: Guess i've never heard of them , or maybe just forgot. Anybody got any good pics of their work or other stories to tell? So, I guess you send them a part and they restore it for you? He's probably got a whole shelf full of carb cleaner and black Krylon.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009 - 06:34:34 PM »
So these guys are bad :dunno: Guess i've never heard of them , or maybe just forgot. Anybody got any good pics of their work or other stories to tell? So, I guess you send them a part and they restore it for you? He's probably got a whole shelf full of carb cleaner and black Krylon.

You buy parts and never get them(Carlwalski). You buy parts and get crap(I think it was Lunchbox).

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

nivvy

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009 - 06:50:00 PM »
Gordon is also a Master Restorer and has provided restored components to clients throughout the World. Gordon's attention to details means his clients receive the best product possible.

someone please post up that pic of the TAR job he did  :scared:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009 - 07:36:00 PM »

Gordon @ Funk Brothers is a complete and utter cu#t. Period. I got similar emails of his. My product "fell off the back of a UPS truck on the highway and smashed beyond repair" so said this little POS. He then said he'd get a new one. Months and months later - nothing. Excuses were, "$500,000+ a year for his cancer treatment", "no secretary so he never got his messages/emails", "family trouble", you name it, he said it. He is scum, a man with no word. Someone who can't man up and admit something is wrong so he makes any excuse and lies his way out of it, this guy isn't even good enough for the Taliban and if I ever meet this guy in person it will be physical, honestly. I'm not that much of an aggro guy but this giant ring worm has it coming. I've said it before and will say it again, I'd love to meet this guy late at night in a dark alley and we won't be exchanging phone numbers either lol.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

nivvy

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009 - 07:49:42 PM »
Tell us how you really feel carl....  :rofl:

Guy is a scumbag......  :2cents:

Offline lumpy

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009 - 07:58:36 PM »
Yeah Carl,let it all out man. :grinno: Sounds like they are not people to deal with, that's for sure.

Offline vryfast

• WORK IN PROGRESS
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009 - 08:40:51 PM »
screwed me too
got all the same stories he still has my stainless from around the top of my doors  :horse: :horse: :horse:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009 - 03:17:21 AM »
screwed me too
got all the same stories he still has my stainless from around the top of my doors...  :horse: :horse: :horse:

I'm sure he banked on those parts already...Then I'm sure he sent you a similar e-mail stating that he cannot believe how a grown man can get so worked up over parts to his own car...Sheesh, that is so demanding of you to ask for your own parts back, Vryfast. ::) :villagers:  These low-life owners should be in jail getting acquainted with Bubba while their company and reputation continue to plummet.  I seriously don't know one person who has one good thing to say about them, or their company in general.  Either you get a part back and it looks like a five year old worked on it or they simply pocket your money and think nothing of it.  Okay, so they actually use the very immature act of putting their 'customer' through a guilt trip and how they should be better off with the money you've earned! :villagers:

<---Not even a former customer of theirs, but it makes me mad to know people who are supposed to be helping the hobby only use it for their scamming & general crookedness. :villagers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009 - 03:51:25 AM »

Well said SC73, well said. :thumbsup: That is my order in a nutshell. He (Gordon) didn't give me my part and simply took my money and didn't feel any guilt for doing it. He may as well walk up to the till, open it and take $1,500 and go for a nice weekend, same thing. I will never get how this guy sleeps at night knowing he does this stuff to people. He has no conscience and there is simply no excuse for his actions. It's 100% theft.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline lumpy

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009 - 05:01:53 PM »
Has anybody ever taken him to court or filed complaints with the BBB? Sounds like he has been getting away with it for quite sometime now. There should be enough people that have been screwed by him to shut him down for good. Hard to believe their are people in our hobby that are like this, but I know they are out there.